As it got lost in the silliness of another thread I thought I'd bring this up...if a mod sees this and it's in the wrong area, move away. Your first phone, we all remember it...the yellow screen (well, maybe not), the large buttons, the *eek* roaming charges if you ever used it 10 blocks from home. Here's mine:

If I still had it I might try to activate it. Looking back it makes me nostalgic like an addict looks back on their life before drugs, it's amazing how quickly one can spiral into addiction. I think I hit rock bottom when I needed more pockets because I was carrying 3 phones with me at one time.
    12-15-08 12:15 AM
    I used to have the old Nokia phone...I remember when it was a really big deal if you were able to purchase a different faceplate for your phone lol
    12-15-08 12:20 AM
    I don't remember the name of my first phone. I do remember that it was a Nokia though.
    12-15-08 12:20 AM
    I used to have the old Nokia phone...I remember when it was a really big deal if you were able to purchase a different faceplate for your phone lol

I put a flashing LED on my antenna, I was pimp for the 3 days before it broke off.
    12-15-08 12:23 AM
    oh, I always wanted to do that!!!!! My friend and I got matching faceplates...we thought we were so cool. That was when no one really sent text messages and we did it every once in awhile...it seemed like such a big deal lol
    12-15-08 12:29 AM
    Motorola Bag phone, it weighed as much as a Pit Bull.
    12-15-08 12:43 AM
    OMG! This ancient Motorola......called the TeleTac! lol!
    12-15-08 01:00 AM
    And sad to say...is still available and costs more than any smartphone you ever want to buy.
    12-15-08 01:01 AM

I wish I was old enough to be as cool as Zach Morris.
    12-15-08 01:03 AM
    Motorola V something....
    12-15-08 01:15 AM

anyone know what these type of phones are actually called. I have tried to reference them before but I dont remember the name of them. They also had a model with a cord that attached to what looked like a mini suitcase.
    12-15-08 01:52 AM
    anyone know what these type of phones are actually called. I have tried to reference them before but I dont remember the name of them. They also had a model with a cord that attached to what looked like a mini suitcase.
    According to Urban dictionary:

The Motorola Dynatac 8000X .
    12-15-08 01:55 AM
    Nokia 3210

Then 6120 later.....
    12-15-08 01:59 AM
    I tried to go back to find actual pictures of all the cell phones I have had..

this proves to be hard to find original pictures as I dont remember all the models..

The first pic is pretty close to my first cell phone.. very ugly 1 single led line screen wasn't able to display multiple images.. only numbers..

I cant exactly remember the order of the phones but the next one was the first primeco phone available made by qualcomm which I believe primeco was the first cdma carrier in the USA and it WAS HUGE.... it hit so big it was insane.

a bit after that I upgraded to the next phone for them.. at the time one of my friends worked for someone who sold them and got me in on a phone plan that was like 4000 minutes a month for 15 bucks.. like a friend plan or something which back then was a INSANE plan.. free nights and weekends were barely available.. and I had 4000 minutes!

the next is the startac.. I actually really like this one.. It had a really good adress book which was really nice back then compared to alot of them at the time.. very solid phone for the time.

then on come my nokia's way to many to list but it was a fun period and the dumb thing is the phone os barely changed through ton of models.. every once in a while you would get a different game instead of the other ones..

the first nokia was more like the exact original one I had the second nokia was a few years later and these things got REAL popular..

then a few others followed in the nokia years..

after that its a blurr...

I had quite a few LG's that were nice and a one motorola which I hated.. they made a terrible charger plugin and I would buy charger after charger and have to constantly try to have it plug in just right.. this was like this almost until the razr came out..

then a random windows mobile flip phone for my first smartphone which I returned the second day because it was terrible..

then regular phone then iPhone then storm..

probably a few others in there and I have never sold a phone.. someday I will dig the box out which has them all collected accept for my last 4 or so..

thanks for the fun post it was fun going down memory lane

EDIT: wanted to add a piece getting into internet on the phone.. I had a early adoption of what was called a internet ready phone.. it was through sprint and was a green/black sort of screen and you had to log on your computer and designate what info would appear on the screen in the internet.. it was just all text based with small ascii art..

Then I got my first COLOR screen samsung phone which was on sprint and had my very first true mobile web.. I found a pic of the phone I think it was called the samsung a10 or something like that.
    Last edited by noaim; 12-15-08 at 02:11 AM.
    12-15-08 01:59 AM
    Startac was pimpin for SOOO long. It took color screens to knock it off it's perch as the "you need that phone to be BA".
    12-15-08 02:02 AM
    Startac was pimpin for SOOO long. It took color screens to knock it off it's perch as the "you need that phone to be BA".

the one in the picture I posted isn't the exact one I had though.. the one I had seemed to have a better screen then the one in the pic I posted..
    12-15-08 02:14 AM
    Not all that long ago but the first was Motorola V180

12-15-08 03:33 AM
    My first was the Nokia 5110, back in 1997.

Can't believe I've only been a cell phone user for 11 years.
    12-15-08 04:35 AM
    Way back in the day, this bad boy was my first phone:
    The Nokia 282

12-15-08 04:42 AM
    HaHa, same here. The ugly truth was that I thought I was the S**t carrying that bag around. Plus, I'd wedge it between the console of the convertible Pontiac Sunbird had back then and cruise while talking. Looking back now, I was so pathetic. LMAO!
    12-15-08 05:59 AM
    HaHa, same here. The ugly truth was that I thought I was the S**t carrying that bag around. Plus, I'd wedge it between the console of the convertible Pontiac Sunbird had back then and cruise while talking. Looking back now, I was so pathetic. LMAO!
    Naw CJH, you weren't pathetic. Everything (including phones) is bigger in TX
    12-15-08 06:04 AM

Dood! omg. I had a phone like that, "the brick". It was the coolest thing going at the time.
    12-15-08 06:07 AM

Mt brother had one of these when I was younger. I had the Nokia phone, where the sides of it would light up whenever someone called

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 06:11 AM
    My first phone was on a plan with my aunt. it was a Star Tac. My first phone on my own was a Nokia.
    12-15-08 07:07 AM
    I can't find my phone.

It was a prepaid voicestream device. It was was bar phone and was turquoise in color. If anyone could find the picture, that would be great.
    12-15-08 08:05 AM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD