I was just sitting here thinking about BlackBerry Live, which is only about a month away. Then I started to think about what we might see shown off.

I will start with what I think won't be seen: product announcements. We aren't going to see any new hardware in my opinion.

What I think we will see is a glimpse of BB10 for tablets, as well as the developer specs so development can start getting their apps ready. The one big piece we will see announced, in relation to tablets, is bridge functionality. Right now bridge for BB10. Isn't quite what it was on OS7(keep me honest if I don't know what I'm talking about I. Relation to the current bridge functionality as I don't have a BB10 phone). It would be great if we got a date for BB10 for tablets but I don't think that will happen.

The other piece we will see is planned features for BB10, such as when the Android runtime will be updated(assuming that doesn't happen before with 10.1).

I could be totally off, but that's the fun of predictions: finding out what was right and what was wrong

What do you all think? What will we be seeing at BlackBerry Live this year?
    baldanders and j21jam6 like this.
    04-14-13 04:10 PM
    im not expecting anything big. Last few were nothing to remember and i still say i was disappointed by the BB10 unveiling. I thought they wouldve had more to show off so I'll keep my expectations low.

For me, if they dont announce a date for when the PlayBook is getting BB10 then im selling it. Once I get my Z10, i'll have no need for a tablet with the TabletOS
    04-14-13 05:59 PM
    BlackBerry will be "Leapfrogging" the competition
    araskin and bekkay like this.
    04-14-13 06:00 PM
    Can't wait.. First BB event that I am actually going to, should be a blast! I hope to see BB10 on the PlayBook, and really, that's enough to satisfy me. I assume that 10.1 will be out on the Z10 by May 14th anyways, and Dev Alpha C's in our hands by the end of April, so really, the PlayBook is all I'm curious about at this point. Should be a lot of fun though, can't wait!
    04-14-13 06:05 PM
    BlackBerry will be "Leapfrogging" the competition
    Ha...we all remember that one lol
    04-14-13 06:10 PM
    What is blackberry live all about

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    04-14-13 06:13 PM
    Wish I could go. This will be the first time since 2008 that I won't be able to attend. It unfortunately clashes directly with the SAP trade show (also in Orlando). I will be up the road at the OCCC and will miss it all. They better not give out any free hardware. I will be devastated.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 07:18 PM
    I think we will see a lot of connectivity demos. Game pads Toaster microwave etc.

I think we will see something involving the Android runtime.
    I would hope they atleast mention something about PLAYBOOK.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    04-14-13 07:29 PM
    im not expecting anything big. Last few were nothing to remember and i still say i was disappointed by the BB10 unveiling. I thought they wouldve had more to show off so I'll keep my expectations low.

For me, if they dont announce a date for when the PlayBook is getting BB10 then im selling it. Once I get my Z10, i'll have no need for a tablet with the TabletOS
    What's the point in selling it? You probably wouldn't get anything for it anyways, the PB is selling dirt cheap everywhere I look. The PB is still awesome and IT WILL GET BB10, you just have to wait.
    04-14-13 07:52 PM

Thor has stated in several interviews that the PlayBook will get updated to OS 10. The PlayBook in my opinion isn't made obsolete with the introduction of the Z10. I for one really enjoy the larger screen and the size of the PlayBook is masterful. Once it gets the new update it'll be perfect.

Sent from my loooong waited for BlackBerry Z10
    04-14-13 09:39 PM
    Thor has stated in several interviews that the PlayBook will get updated to OS 10. The PlayBook in my opinion isn't made obsolete with the introduction of the Z10. I for one really enjoy the larger screen and the size of the PlayBook is masterful. Once it gets the new update it'll be perfect.

I agree IF they ate able to optimize the PlayBook version of blackberry 10 to perform well with one GB of RAM. Has me worried a bit.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    04-14-13 10:37 PM
    I agree IF they ate able to optimize the PlayBook version of blackberry 10 to perform well with one GB of RAM. Has me worried a bit.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    Technically speaking I'm not qualified to know whether or not 1GB of Ram on the PlayBook will be an issue. Thor said we would have it. I'm inclined to take his word for it.

04-14-13 11:03 PM
    What's the point in selling it? You probably wouldn't get anything for it anyways, the PB is selling dirt cheap everywhere I look. The PB is still awesome and IT WILL GET BB10, you just have to wait.

Lol I know the PlayBook is getting BB10 ya'll...but personally I too am wondering how it will function with just one gig of RAM. I just want BB to give me a firm time of when we will get BB10 on our PlayBooks. If they can't give me that by BB Live then i'll have no use for my PlayBook. I'm not playing that waiting game.

When I have the Z10, it will do everything better than the PlayBook. I love bridge but even that has been crippled so that takes away a big reason for needing a playbook. I don't expect to get much if I sell it but I have a lot of accessories I can sell with it as well. I'd rather get back what I can and just get whatever new hardware they plan on coming out with in tablet form later this year. I just want a good approximate time from BB on when the PlayBook is getting BB10 and i'll keep it. That's just me though...
    04-14-13 11:23 PM
    I have a Z10. My PlayBook has been dead since att launch day.
    One because I have no real use for it anymore.
    Two because I lost the charger.

With the z10, it's all you'll need. Now I though about selling that PlayBook of mine , but then I realized why would I when A. It's selling for literally nothing and B. There's no reason to get rid of it, as it's a perfectly capable tablet.

It just doesn't get used as much anymore.

Also however BlackBerry10 comes to the PlayBook it will run fine on 1gb. Figure the hub will not be needed in the way it is utilized on the z10. That functionality takes up a lot of memory. Go read Kevin's post a while back on the blogs about how he wants BlackBerry 10 to come to the PlayBook

Posted via CB10 - FINALLY
    04-15-13 12:33 AM
    The Q10 released in Australia?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    04-15-13 12:50 AM
    I'm still holding out for the BB microwave ovens!

Posted via CB10 with my BB10 Z10
    04-15-13 01:04 AM
    I would like to see some app announcements, probably some new updates for all the sdks, android runtime 4.1 jellybean, and I think we will hear an update on BB10 for playbook but it will not be ready because I saw a recent tweet from alex kinsella and he was asked when it would be coming which makes me think he means the actual end of the year (the BB way coming soon=maybe in a year).
    04-15-13 01:16 AM
    I'm having some high expectations. Before last year's conference, we knew we might finally see some of BlackBerry 10. It was really cool to actually see not only an awesome new OS, but also for RIM to be showing something new for the first time in a long time. Since then, everything has been about getting BlackBerry 10 to market with the software needed to attract consumers.

Now that the devices are out, there's tremendous interest into where the platform and company go from here. Heins has been touting (in almost every interview) about putting BB10 in places where other OSs can't go. I think we'll be seeing this soon (Heins even said he'd talk more about it in May).

BlackBerry has to show that there is more to the company's future than just handsets. While getting BB10 out is a huge success, the company cannot stop there, especially when the competitors aren't standing still.

As far as what I want to see is possibly the next huge update to BlackBerry 10 (one that will go out to all current BB10-capable devices), BlackBerry 10 on the tablet/desktop (as mentioned before), and new software being worked on by BlackBerry for BB10. BlackBerry put a lot of stock in their developers and has made it incredibly easy for them to bring their apps to the platform. In my opinion, the focus should shift back to the company on developing those "killer" apps and features akin to BBM, apps that really use the power of BB10 to the fullest and can't be done on any other platform. Features that really make BlackBerry 10 stand out. That's what I want to see at BlackBerry Live.
    04-22-13 11:36 AM
    Something will be announced as "Coming Soon!"
    Nawwww....j/k....that never happens

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 02:06 PM
    Anyone been to BlackBerry live before? How long does it usually take to wait in line and register?
    05-13-13 06:39 PM
    Instant worldwide Aristo availability via BlackBerry.com, unlocked, of course.

But that's a wish, not a prediction.
    05-13-13 06:43 PM