View Poll Results: What are your biggest pet peeves/annoyances with a Blackberry?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Constant reboots after an app update?

10 16.67%
  • Apps not being supported across all devices or OS's?

7 11.67%
  • 9900/30 Camera?

4 6.67%
  • Battery pulls?

5 8.33%
  • Developers dropping RIM support for other devices/no port over?

20 33.33%
  • Poor marketing?

14 23.33%
04-01-12 02:17 AM
39 12
tools
    The battery pulls get old.
    03-29-12 01:02 PM
    Even though I don't use the camera/video recorder much the shutter sound is annoying and then flashing red LED while recording is worse. I understand it's possibly a legal thing, but still just very annoying.
    03-29-12 02:10 PM
    i stopped doing battery pulls when i found out that Alt+right shift+delete re-boots the phone
    03-29-12 02:21 PM
    Lack of apps and developer support is big. Next would be poor marketing.

Like how can they seriously have commercials for the new Bold without showing someone ACTUALLY using the phone They dont even show it bridged to a Playbook

the other annoyances are pretty minor for me.
    03-29-12 03:33 PM
    Having used webOS, PalmOS phones and Macs for many years the idea of constantly rebooting for apps or app updates seemed really bazaar to me.
    03-29-12 04:27 PM
    My Biggest pet peeve isn't on the list

My Biggest pet peeve is that I can't export and import my Auto Text list,

When I get a series of new products I need to Auto text each one manually with little (TM)'s or add descriptions to part numbers,
    P
    and then when I get a new BlackBerry I get to do it all again, I also can't share Auto text library's with people!

THAT BY FAR is my biggest pet peeve

I have many small ones still
    Solution is the AutoText Backup application. Creates a file on your SD card, backs up when you add new ones, restores your entries when you need them. My BB in retirement has the file loaded on 2 cards ready for
    my return.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 03-29-12 at 05:57 PM.
    03-29-12 05:53 PM
    Where is the "all of the above" option?
    03-29-12 05:58 PM
    Solution is the AutoText Backup application. Creates a file on your SD card, backs up when you add new ones, restores your entries when you need them. My BB in retirement has the file loaded on 2 cards ready for
    my return.
    Partial solution yes,
    Still doesn't allow for import of new autotext "library's" nor sharing of Autotext library's
    03-29-12 06:20 PM
    No real business apps / can't get email attachments over 4.5mb / junk camera / no video chat ability / no skype ability.

As far as phones go had RIM turned those above no's into all yes they wouldn't be where they are now...
    ...I'm not the only one who LOVES the size of the Bold 99xx, the form, etc.
    ...And I'm not the only one who LOVES the same about the Playbook.
    ...The only problem is that neither device is good for business and both devices are even worse for Play.
    03-29-12 06:40 PM
    Partial solution yes,
    Still doesn't allow for import of new autotext "library's" nor sharing of Autotext library's
    It does thru BBM Connected. Might wanna check that out.
    03-29-12 06:42 PM
    There should be an option for ALL of the above because to me, all of the listed items are equally a pain in the neck. If it is not for the physical keyboard, I would be holding an iPhone by now.
    03-29-12 06:51 PM
    Really, what is it with the constant battery pull statements

I rarely pulled my battery on my 9800 and now on my 9810 I have yet to pull the battery once.

I don't mind the rebooting after app upgrades anymore on my 9810, most of the time it's fast
    If there were no need for regular/semi-regular battery pulls, there would not be any reason for battery pull emulation apps to exist. The fact that they do should be a strong indicator that many people are experiencing problems. You may not have been affected, which is great for you, but many, many BB users are doing battery pulls to get the phone functionaliy back to normal. This includes me, and just about all of the BB users at my company (3-4 left, now with about 20-22 iPhone users).

Kostas
    04-01-12 01:19 AM
    That there is fragmentation at its finest, my boy. It really baffles me how an in house developed platform becomes this way even under the SAME manufacturer. But really the blame points to Java though. And going forward bb10 with resolve this, however of course this leaves all past customers completely behind & in the dark, which remains to be seen how that will be handled. That's my biggest gripe with blackberry.

2nd would be the Playbook. Pretty much since day 1 i have had it, I have not been able to use it because i don't have a blackberry phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
    Sort of points as to why the available BB applications are so few in number. This is pure insanity. which is why I see it as a positive that the CTO of software left. While I realize the Java platform changed, BB should have put a stake in the ground, something like: "This is the Java platform we will develop on for the next 3 years. All OSes will be developed on this platform, and any phone capable of running this platform will be upgradeable". Apple's main advantage over bot BB and Android is that its platform is pretty much under complete control. Instead of BB developers picking which OS (5,6,7) or device (touchscreen, no-touchscreen), they just develop for an iOS version (and have tools to help the migration). The iOS apps run on everything, from iPod Touches to iPhones and iPads. This creates one huge customer base that the developers can sell into. With BB, as a developer, there is no way to reach all of the installed base with the fragmentation that is going on. A similar thing is happening with Android (2.2.X, 2.3.X, 4.X). and some software doesn't run on some hardware (Exynos CPU, Snapdragon, Tegra 2/3, TI OMAP), but that is because there are all multiple HW developers (and Google should be a lot more diligent about enforcing compatibilty guidelilnes/requirements, which I understand are coming for 4.X/Ice Cream Sandwich, although the recent Intel CPU effort may create its own issues). RIM doesn't have any excuse for the fragmentation; they control both HW and SW. I hope that BB10 devices will be much better in this regard.

Kostas
    04-01-12 01:33 AM
    Most of these issues were annoying with my 9700. Since upgrading to the 9860 though, I can't say any of them really apply anymore.
    04-01-12 02:17 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD