Who actually uses Blackberry Maps... Not whilst driving but Walking... I would like to get your opinion on it...

I use Google Maps, but I would like to stick to RIM Apps instead of having 3rd party app
    01-01-10 08:11 PM
    I don't use maps I have voice navagation better for me
    01-01-10 09:15 PM
    I like blackberry maps
    01-01-10 09:35 PM
    More often I use google maps, but that's mainly because 9 times out of 10 I'm showing somebody else who's lost where they need to go and it's easier when I can select satellite view and point out the actual building they are looking for.

Pretty much the only reason I have BB Maps installed is for BB Messenger and other apps that have not yet incorporated google maps use.
    01-01-10 10:19 PM
    I delete BB Maps from my devices almost immediately. I don't particularly care for the way that it works. I find that Google Maps is far better for getting the information that I want, so that's what I use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-10 10:58 PM
    i cant stand it. its slow and barely works. i use Bing's and Google Maps.
    01-01-10 11:40 PM
    I use google maps because it works faster than bb maps.

01-01-10 11:41 PM
    Also - the ability to choose driving vs. walking on Google maps is a really nice feature.
    01-02-10 01:16 AM
    Thanks for all of your feedback... I find BB maps useless aswell... :-)

01-02-10 04:51 AM
    More often I use google maps, but that's mainly because 9 times out of 10 I'm showing somebody else who's lost where they need to go and it's easier when I can select satellite view and point out the actual building they are looking for.

Pretty much the only reason I have BB Maps installed is for BB Messenger and other apps that have not yet incorporated google maps use.
    That is a fantastic way help somebody out. I can't count the number of time that would have been incredibly useful in the past.

Bring it on, Stranger.
    01-02-10 10:46 AM
    i cant stand it. its slow and barely works. i use Bing's and Google Maps.
    I think they changed something with BB Maps recently. It keeps freezing the map and not updating my position. I even did a fresh battery pull and it barely tracked me for 2 minutes and then wouldn't update the map anymore, even after I stopped and restarted GPS tracking and asked it to find my location (which it also reported wrong). Whatever they did, they ruined it.
    01-02-10 11:20 AM
    I'd like Google Maps more but for some reason it doesn't often get an accurate pinpoint of my location. BlackBerry Maps has nearly always got a perfect pinpoint of my location.
    01-02-10 01:34 PM
    I took BB maps off mostly because I didnt use it,it seem to work fine tho. I don't like google maps really just last night I tried google maps again just to see if I would (first time on this phone) I have already removed it tho I am still looking for one so I can loose the vzw navigator . Google maps didn't sync with my puck :/
    So to answer your question between google maps and bbmaps I would go with bbmaps at this point in time.

Last edited by DavidNC; 01-02-10 at 01:59 PM.
    01-02-10 01:56 PM
    I use Google Maps and the Garmin Navigator app, which performs the more standalone GPS functions (quite well may I add).

01-02-10 02:03 PM
    I use the Bing app, simply because it works through wifi.
    01-02-10 03:31 PM
    Walking? You must live in the asphalt jungle, to bad.

I like the BB Maps just fine. I've used it to help find a couple addresses in town and a friends house.
    01-02-10 03:40 PM
    i hated bb maps i wish i didnt but i do so i use google maps
    01-02-10 06:07 PM
    Walking? You must live in the asphalt jungle, to bad.

I like the BB Maps just fine. I've used it to help find a couple addresses in town and a friends house.
    Na mate your wrong, I live in London... The reason y I said walking as I live in London we're there is alot of congestion in the city, I may have meetings And need to find a address sooner rather then later... That's why I specifically said walking...

01-02-10 06:18 PM
    I prefer google maps. To me it's a lot cleaner and easier to navigate. When I have gps on, google maps usually pinpoints me very accurately. However, when the gps signal is lost for whatever reason, it takes a few minutes to lock on again. Luckily this doesn't happen very often. Google maps even follows me fairly accurately even when gps is off, which I think is pretty dang cool!
    01-02-10 07:02 PM
    I don't use it period. I stick to Google Maps.

01-02-10 08:13 PM
    Yeah, I've utilized BBMaps for awhile now and reverted back to google and my e-Mobile GPS Companion uses yahoo maps.
    01-02-10 08:27 PM
    I've used google maps over bb maps. I can't even get bb maps to install on 5.0 for my 9000. Takes RIM a bit of time to overtake 3rd party apps I guess .
    Also, I've been walking in the asphalt jungle and google maps helps tremendously. It has even helped me when I try and find ceement pond parts, or a place to buy rheumatiz medicine in hillbilly land.

01-03-10 06:39 AM
    I use both... I like Google maps, but BB maps lets me sent my location in case i need someone to come a rescue me..
    01-04-10 12:04 AM
    How does blackberry maps work with blackberry messenger?

01-04-10 09:06 AM
    I use both with success but I would like to make a point, google maps is very data intensive, BB maps is using very little data according to the data counter. That in itself might not he a problem if you have unlimited data package but it means that if you're using google maps to navigate in gprs only network area you'll be missing a lot of phone calls as in gprs or edge you can't do both at the same time.
    When I'm using google maps I see the arrows in the top right corner working overtime, while using BB maps I hardly see them at all.

01-04-10 09:27 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD