Last night it got frozen with the message saying that there was a vm waiting. I tried to roll the ball and click ok and it wouldn't go. I tried for about 5 minutes. Finally I took the battery out and restarted it. Ever since it has not been working right. The x button isn't working when I type it, but the BB typing it on it's own. I'll be sending a text and my BB will add an x every few seconds. When the keyboard is locked, it keeps lighting up with instructions on how to unlock the screen, like a button is being pushed, but I'm not touching it. So it seems like a few buttons won't work when I type them, but that other buttons are stuck in. Any suggestions??
    08-14-08 01:21 PM
    It sounds like it could be one of two things.

1) something is wrong with your individual "x" key, and it is stuck in the active position thus making your bb behave funny and adding x's when you are typing

2) you BB is f'd in which case you should try and re-install the OS or wipe the device/get a new one by exhanging it
    08-14-08 01:24 PM
    if I wipe it an reinstall will I loose all my pics, phone numbers, etc?
    08-14-08 01:30 PM
    To get rid of the voicemail cassette just call yourself and leave yourself a VM. then delete it. It should dissapear. I f you backup your device before installing a new OS you will keep everything...
    08-14-08 01:36 PM
    How do I back it up, wipe it, and reinstall the os??
    08-14-08 01:41 PM
    This is not the type of problem you are likely to cure with a software refresh.

There is a sticking contact in the keyboard microswitch. It happens, and it will be covered by the warranty.

In order to back up your Curve, you have to install BlackBerry Desktop manager. That will allow you to save your data and setting.

Pictures on a media card will not be a problem, but if you have pictures stored in your device memory, saving them is a lot more difficult.

Does anybody know if they are saved in a standard backup?
    08-14-08 01:46 PM
    everything is saved to the memory card. So I need to call T-Mobile and get a new one? I think I got software in the box. Do I just install that on my laptop and plug my bb into it?? Sorry... not really a "technology" girl... i got a BB so I could check Perez Hilton while grocery shopping...hahahaha
    08-14-08 01:48 PM
    everything is saved to the memory card. So I need to call T-Mobile and get a new one? I think I got software in the box. Do I just install that on my laptop and plug my bb into it?? Sorry... not really a "technology" girl... i got a BB so I could check Perez Hilton while grocery shopping...hahahaha
    There's your problem,,,,Perez Hilton

Sounds like your phone got squeezed or smushed ..If it's still got a warranty or insurance, pull the card and get a new one, easy parcheesi.
    08-14-08 01:54 PM
    Thanks for all your help! I'm on the phone with customer service right now getting a new bb...

08-14-08 03:26 PM
    She's been Paris'd. Seems like it's new, so replacing it is the best bet.
    08-14-08 03:33 PM
    She's been Paris'd. Seems like it's new, so replacing it is the best bet.
    08-14-08 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD