If someone else already did this, sorry in advance!!!

So this morning, I bought myself an iced carmel machiatto from Starbucks and I had my Blackberry Bold in the cup holder next to it. I looked over to my phone at the stoplight and saw that some coffee spilled onto the buttons! I quickly grabbed it, put it to my lips and sucked out the coffee! I then quickly turned it off and continued to tap it on some napkins next to me until I got to work! I got to work a lil late but it was worth it to save my phone! I told my co-workers and they told me that I'm a true Crackberry! Hahaha!

So what have you done to save your Blackberry?
    04-10-09 05:13 PM
    Does it still work when you turned it back on? How far someone will go to save their baby depends on whether or not they have insurance.
    04-10-09 05:48 PM
    I wouldn't go as far as the nuts that go on the subway tracks when they drop it!
    04-10-09 05:49 PM
    Probably take the fall FOR my Blackberry. I'll be the one with the sore body and on the floor, but my phone will be in my hand, safe and sound.
    04-10-09 06:02 PM
    Does it still work when you turned it back on? How far someone will go to save their baby depends on whether or not they have insurance.
    Ya mine still works! I think I saved it in the nick of time! Even my fiance' thought I was crazy! Yeah I really should get insurance on it! I checked my buttons and it seemed okay, it looks like the buttons don't go all the way through, kinda like a net. So let's hope its okay cuz I don't want to have to go get a new one!
    04-10-09 06:05 PM
    Probably take the fall FOR my Blackberry. I'll be the one with the sore body and on the floor, but my phone will be in my hand, safe and sound.
    Yeah save the Blackberry! LOL
    04-10-09 06:11 PM
    I would go as far as, storming the jungle lair of an evil drug cartel from South America that was using my Bold as a drug mule, to save my BlackBerry.
    04-10-09 06:46 PM
    not much, my life comes first
    04-10-09 07:13 PM
    Hmmm I have insurance so not too much lol. I back it up enough to where i'd just get a new one & it would be the same.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 09:22 PM
    Hmmmm.... I would probably risk bodily harm to save it... Lol

04-10-09 09:32 PM
    Hmmmm.... I would probably risk bodily harm to save it... Lol

Bodies heal, but Berrys don't, huh?
    04-10-09 09:33 PM
    Exactly!!!

04-10-09 09:34 PM
    I would not risk my life. But I would risk a limb...
    04-10-09 09:37 PM
    I'd take the FALL FOR my Blackberry in a less literal sense of the word. After King Bold of Blackberry Land killed a local hooker via repeated battery pulls. She became the white screen of death. I'd take the fall and do the time. Long live King Bold. Hip hip hooraay.
    04-10-09 09:49 PM
    Actually, thinking about what I would do... I somehow pictured texting on the side of a boat, and we hit a little bump- and the berry goes soaring... I can see me throwing myself in the air making sure it doesn't sink into the deep blue sea. Haha, what a weird imagination. But when it comes down to it, if I was in the middle of a pretty intense text, and my adreniline was kicking, I wouldn't think twice about going overboard. I guess it just depends on the situation when it comes down to it. (:
    04-11-09 12:32 AM
    i have insurance and a recent backup file.. i value my life and limbs. nuff said.
    04-11-09 01:56 AM
    I'd risk limb probably but it depends on how much money I have at the time and whether I'm eligible for an upgrade.
    04-11-09 04:53 AM
    I sucked toothpaste out of the earhole when I was trying to repair a scratch (doesn't work by the way) XD

I also fell down the stairs in an effort to catch it. But we have carpeted stairs.
    04-11-09 09:45 AM
    Uh, I would let my BB perish if it came down to me being safe. I guess I am just too practical to participate in this thread.

Carry on.

Last edited by Crackberrykills; 04-11-09 at 10:21 AM.
    04-11-09 10:00 AM
    If I dropped it in a lake or river, although I have insurance; I'd give some serious thought as to taking a splash for my bb. If I can't, or I'm forbidden to do so, I'd whine about it.
    One time i thought I lost it for sure and I got this kind of empty feeling within me. Now if only my bb can perform cpr then I'd jump in a river to save it without hesitation.

04-11-09 10:06 AM
    Not one damn thing. The idea of going above and beyond to save
    a phone seems, well, ridiculous to me. It breaks I buy a new one.
    Problem solved.
    04-11-09 10:11 AM
    That last sentence about jumping in a river and having my bb perform cpr wasn't actually a serious statement. That's what insurance is for. I would whine a bit though.

04-11-09 10:15 AM
    Problem solved.
    You keep taking the words right out of my mouth, AG!

But yes, it's just foolish to think that you have to put your life, or what have you, at risk just to save a phone that can easily be fixed through insurance and warranty!

04-11-09 10:21 AM
    It depends on the situation. If I drop it somewhere I'll attempt to catch it before it hits the ground. But I wouldn't do anything to put my own life in danger. That's just irrational and seriously overdramatic. That's why they offer insurance. If something happens to your phone it gets replaced.

04-12-09 12:32 AM
    Problem solved.
    ahahaha that's right
    i'll be on ebay selling the salvaged parts to buy a new one
    04-12-09 12:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD