i've been with cingular/att for around 8 yrs and have always been happy with cust. service and the coverage in my areas of travel (incl. 3g) have always been pretty good.
    my contract ends in about 18-months. i like att just not extremely loyal by any means so depending on what's new in 18-months i'd gladly jump ship.

so i'd jump for the new device that i'm craving as long as the coverage is killer and the price beats what i'm paying for what i get.
    11-04-09 04:20 PM
    so i'd jump for the new device that i'm craving as long as the coverage is killer
    Exactly. Coverage, coverage, coverage. It just has to work where and when I need it.
    11-04-09 04:23 PM
    1) Better coverage
    2) Better phones

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 06:03 PM
    AT&T made me switch... The combination of a slow , congested network and the worst customer service I ever experienced was enough for me. They would randomly turn features off (like my data plan) without telling me and I wouldn't find out until I got my bill. They would fix it, but it would take multiple phone calls and an hour or more to get it sorted. I finally had enough and dumped them.
    11-04-09 06:35 PM
    new thing would be better rate plan with data
    11-04-09 06:46 PM
    What made me switch back in 2008 from AT&T to TMO was, the plans gave me more for the same amount of money. So I guess price was a factor for me at the time.

Where I am, the two companies coverage is the same, and in my travels in the US, so far no problems.

Any spots during cross state trips that don't have service, are small and you drive into and out of them pretty fast. Never had problems with customer service with either company.

Last edited by BlkBear; 11-04-09 at 09:33 PM.
    11-04-09 07:13 PM
    I would only switch for coverage; unless I had some major CS issue that was bad enough to push me to switch.

In my area, Alltel/Verizon is number one. I never have signal issues and I live in the middle of a rural area. And even in the Grand Canyon, I had data service and was able to send pics to my family.

That said, if T-Mobile had better coverage, it'd be some competition. They typically are known for having great CS and good prices.

I do notice that Vzw's CS is really awesome too; even in store and on the phone. My one phone bill was way over and I never even noticed it. I just assumed I owed it because it was my work line. The rep actually noticed it for me, because she was actually searching my account. She ended up saving me over $30 on my bill. That's good CS.
    11-05-09 12:58 AM
    if ATT went out of business.
    11-05-09 06:19 AM
    Something that would make up for all the mobile-to-mobile minutes I have on Verizon. US Cellular is already there as it happens, but they have a more closed policy on device activation than anyone else I can think of, and I can't commit to a regional carrier at this point (their free national roaming is great but you aren't allowed to roam more than 50 percent in three or more consecutive months).

Every US carrier needs to lower rates and charge less for phones. You should check rates out in the UK; "free" Blackberries, dirt cheap data and voice, affordable bolt-ons for international roaming. But then again Vodafone and O2's 3G maps look rather like AT&T's here -- spotty.
    11-05-09 08:06 AM
    I would switch for coverage. I cant stand dropped calls or low bars, fortunately I have the best carrier out there VERIZON. Who resurrected this ancient thread .
    11-05-09 08:11 AM
    not trying to charge extra for abllbasic features

11-05-09 08:59 AM
    Buying a Blackberry did.

I researched all carriers where I live before making a decision about which one would be the better to have a Blackberry at.
    11-05-09 01:21 PM
    if ATT went out of business.
    same here...nothing else could make me switch
    11-05-09 02:42 PM
    If Sprint went out of business.
    11-09-09 08:19 PM
    The phone. I would never have sprint or verizon though, just based on what ive heard.
    11-09-09 10:13 PM
    I go with the best service, right now that's vzw

12-16-09 06:56 PM
    I'm with AT&T because it's the only provider that can get me service where I work. It's funny to see everyone searching (in vain) for a signal. It's easy to tell who has AT&T and who doesn't. If I could get reliable coverage from someone else for a cheaper price, I'd consider switching, but as it is, I'll continue to add to my 15 years of service with AT&T...
    12-16-09 07:16 PM
    The phone. I would never have sprint or verizon though, just based on what ive heard.
    I love Sprint!!!!
    01-27-10 01:51 PM
    A free phone of my choice and free service.

I have Cellular South (CDMA, southern US carrier) and it's perfect for everything I need. You absolutely cannot beat the price on the plan I have in my area.

500 min/mo
    Unlimited data
    Unlimited SMS
    all the bells and whistles (call id, voicemail, conference calling, blah, blah, blah)

$55.45 a month.
    Last edited by KillYouWithMyMind; 01-27-10 at 01:59 PM.
    01-27-10 01:55 PM
    Nothing............
    01-27-10 01:58 PM
    Assuming that it was a clear cut and I could take my number with me, I would switch to Verizon because almost all of my friends are on Verizon. I don't like their service and I don't like their customer service, either, but that'd be the only place I'd switch as of right now.

That, however, isn't gonna happen because I like AT&T and their coverage and customer service around here. So there's no reason for me to switch.
    01-27-10 03:48 PM
    All it would take for me is coverage and the same I have now for less.

Lowest bidder????
    01-27-10 07:23 PM
    Only way for me to make a switch is for Verizon to go belly up and that isn't happening. I have the best coverage possible. Best customer care and best BB
    I am spoiled. I can't leave. There are no problems with Verizon.
    01-27-10 10:58 PM
    Only if TMO went out of business.
    01-28-10 10:38 AM
    I did switch from T-Mobile to Verizon and then to Att within a month. We moved and T-Mobile's coverage at our new house is almost nothing. So being I get discounts and they are supposed to be the best we moved to Verizon. Phones were junk (Storm2's), service only a little better than T-mo and they played games with the discount. So we ditched them on the 30 day marked and went to Att. Much happier and we get a better discount and coverage at our house. Now we will stay put for a while!
    01-28-10 11:50 AM
130 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD