05-13-10 01:52 PM
130 ... 23456
tools
    The samething that has made me switch before.I like anyone like getting the best deal but its gotta work .
    For example I.had such poor service once my phone was more like a pager sometimes I did not even know I got a call till 3 to 6 hrs even once a day late . That sucked !
    So the lowest price but also the most relieable service both decide who I have as my carrier . What would make me switch then poor receiption, and a bunch of dropped calls or calls not geting though to me .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 05:04 PM
    I pay a lot for my verizon service but their coverage is the best in the areas that I travel to the most, NYC, Chicago, Miami, and DC. I also have nothing but amazing things to say about their CS, every issue I have had they have fixed. For example, I have four lines on my account, and all but one had unlimited text, well on that line my brother went over sms by 800 dollars. I called verizon and wanted to just make sure it never happened again by adding unlimited text and they post added it to the previous month saving me a **** load of money. Loyal customer for life

08-23-09 05:42 PM
    Better rate plans and coverage.
    08-23-09 05:50 PM
    Hmmm....I don't think I will ever let AT&T go :-) .....if a carrier had better phones, better coverage(overall), better customer service(overall), and cheaper/better rate plans....probly not gon happen :-)

Last edited by Propa; 08-23-09 at 06:06 PM.
    08-23-09 06:02 PM
    Nothing. Verizon is the only one that will actually consistently work here in Montana.
    08-23-09 06:10 PM
  6. T
    I'm pretty loyal to companies and brands so long as the companies don't **** me off. I have the Sprint Simply Everything plan and can't even imagine there's a better deal out there. Like home cable internet, I think it's the most bang for the buck. The only thing that Sprint disappointed me with so far (though it hasn't messed with me yet) is that they changed the terms of their mobile broadband service. Sprint built a huge customer base in that market by touting "unlimited" data usage and then changed it to 5 gb/mo. Pretty sleazy, imo. Hopefully they won't pull that sh*t with the Simply Everything plan. Verizon I've had forever for home telephone service and when I called to complain about something recently its customer service irritated me even more in various ways and then tried to sell me FIOS after barely resolving my issue. Like I would really lock myself in with Verizon in some contract! I'm giving it two weeks and if what I complained about isn't drastically improved I'm losing the home phone ... and Verizon. Got excellent (advanced) tech support from Sprint today. (More on that in another topic later.)

08-23-09 07:21 PM
    The lack of a cancellation fee from my current carrier...

08-23-09 08:06 PM
    If Verizon ever takes my Alltel plan from me. They played me for dumb already and thought they were getting me in a VZW plan. Didn't happen.
    08-23-09 08:10 PM
    What would make you switch cellular carriers?
    Virtually nothing. My carrier's service is excellent and they've always taken good care of me on rate programs, plus they are generally nice.

I'd rate my carrier with a school grade of "A."

If someone forced me to change, I'd go to Verizon.

If neither of those options worked, I go without mobile service before I'd ever consider AT&T whom I consider the worst company on the planet, if not the universe.
    08-23-09 08:13 PM
    I was prepared to leave AT&T under 1 or 2 conditions.

1 - Visual Voice Mail capability of the new BB Tour .
    Gone are the days of dialing a number to get your vmail.
    (And! From what I read here on CB.Com, AT&T will reward Bold users with Visual V-Mail come this Tuesday. To that I say,..."Oorah")

2 - Verizon's service.
    I simply like Verizon's service better. I was even going to opt out of my contract with AT&T at the 1-year mark and go back to Verizon. But, since my Bold with have VVM soon, I think now I'll wait 'til it breaks. Or! At least 'til the 2-yr contract is up,...of which an even smarter phone will be on the market!

I visited the Verizon store and played with the new Tour and found that it's just as fast the Bold,..yet smaller and easier to hold. Though I will say that the Bold's width makes for better easier typing on the QWERTY keyboard.

JMDBerry
    08-23-09 10:18 PM
    I wouldn't switch from Verizon. I hate the price but I get great coverage all the time.

08-24-09 12:50 AM
    Coverage, coverage, coverage, coverage!!

Best phone in the world means NOTHING if i can't use it where I need it.
    08-24-09 01:26 AM
    I don't see me leaving Tmo anytime soon. I left Verizon a few years ago to get a Pearl and haven't looked back.
    08-24-09 02:28 AM
    coverage and phone selection or how often they get new devices!

thats the only thing stopping me from going to sprint. is that they have just started to make a come back. but gsm carriers get new devices first and AT&T has great coverage in my area so for now i am not going anywhere its not worth a few bucks to switch and find myself short on new devices i love to have a bunch of different phones.
    08-24-09 02:48 AM
    -Yeah, better rate plans
    -more trained engineers not like in ETISALAT when the launch an update to system for all BB and next day almost all BB were f...t up due to error of carrier.
    08-24-09 05:45 AM
    If the customer service sucks, Im gone. Cant stand to be treated like Sh*t. I can put up with some minor glitches in coverage etc.
    08-24-09 08:49 AM
    For me, it would the the service coverage combined with the plans.
    I like Verizon's coverage, but not their restrictions and nickel and diming.
    I like Sprint's everything plan, but not their CS.
    I like AT&T's phones, but not their price.
    I like T-Mo's UMA service, but not their limited 3G capabilities or coverage area.
    I like USCC's free incoming calls, texts, and pics, but wish they got phones sooner.
    08-24-09 08:55 AM
    Only way I would leave Verizon is if another carrier built out their network to equal Verizon's coverage, and had much better pricing. Service/coverage is everything for me and no other carriers come close to Verizon's in my region.
    08-24-09 09:44 AM
    I love verizon. Known for being a little more pricer, but great C.S. And their wireless network is phenominal. Any issue I have is handled promptly and nicely.

+1

10 char
    08-24-09 10:03 AM
    I would switch right now if my contract was over and I could go to solo mobile BB for no system access fee

08-24-09 10:15 AM
    I'm content with verizon and don't plan on leaving but the everything data share 3000 for my four line(3 are blackberries two storms and a curve) I would be set for life

08-24-09 09:23 PM
    I'm content with verizon and don't plan on leaving but the everything data share 3000 for my four line(3 are blackberries two storms and a curve) I would be set for life

I like that!!!!
    11-04-09 02:31 PM
    1- Better rate plans (Cheaper or more variety)

2- Better customer service
    Nothing. AT&T has terrible coverage and is too expensive. Verizon is CDMA and too expensive. Sprint is ... well they're just horrible.

Looks like I'm with T-Mobile for the long haul.
    11-04-09 02:56 PM
    Until recently I was with the same carrier, and in fact on the same tariff, since I first owned a mobile a decade ago.

What made me switch was a representative of my carrier finally convincing me that my bills could be cheaper. Lo and behold, I've knocked twenty quid from my bill each month. Note to self: Don't reject people trying to be helpful, even if in the grand scheme of things you're paying their bills.
    11-04-09 05:09 PM
    Coverage and nothing else.
    11-04-09 05:17 PM
130 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD