05-13-10 12:52 PM
130 1234 ...
tools
    Better prices.
    Better customer service
    Better offers to me as a coroperate account holder.
    We don't have fone upgrades etc here so wud like tht.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-08 09:43 AM
    GOOD SERVICE (Coverage, Voice Quality while on call, No dropped calls, etc) because the better their service, the less I need to call customer service.

NO CONTRACTS (So I can leave if I want to)

Cheaper rates.

Customer service (IF their service is good, CS can be at the bottom, if it is not, It needs to be Number 2)
    04-18-08 09:08 PM
    I would prioritize this way:

1. Coverage
    2. Customer Service
    3. Plans, features and cost (these things are interrelated)
    4. Phones

I took one of my two phones from Sprint to AT&T because I got fed up with customer service, but I found I couldn't make phone calls from my office, which is in a high rise and I sit at the window. This was HUGE. Then my husband switched to AT&T and we couldn't get a family plan b/c our numbers were in different markets. It was just too expensive for me to stay on AT&T when I couldn't make calls half the time, on my own plan (3 phones in one house all on their own plans? Are you KIDDING me???), so I took my number back to Sprint. Now I'm dropping one line and getting the Simply Everything Plan, so my plan is cheap, my coverage is great and my phone is awesome. And I've learned the trick with Sprint customer service - go into an actual Sprint store, during the day, during the week, in a nice part of town that doesn't have a lot of business traffic. The reps will be bored and more than willing to work with you.
    04-18-08 09:28 PM
    [QUOTE=Flurrycat;261388]I would prioritize this way:

1. Coverage
    2. Customer Service
    3. Plans, features and cost (these things are interrelated)
    4. Phones

I took one of my two phones from Sprint to AT&T because I got fed up with customer service, but I found I couldn't make phone calls from my office, which is in a high rise and I sit at the window. This was HUGE. Then my husband switched to AT&T and we couldn't get a family plan b/c our numbers were in different markets. It was just too expensive for me to stay on AT&T when I couldn't make calls half the time, on my own plan (3 phones in one house all on their own plans? Are you KIDDING me???), so I took my number back to Sprint. Now I'm dropping one line and getting the Simply Everything Plan, so my plan is cheap, my coverage is great and my phone is awesome. And I've learned the trick with Sprint customer service - go into an actual Sprint store, during the day, during the week, in a nice part of town that doesn't have a lot of business traffic. The reps will be bored and more than willing to work with you.[/QUOT
    I agree!!!
    08-28-08 09:29 AM
    CS sucks everywhere these days. I don't care if you are calling Sprint, Dish Network, or 24 Hour Fitness...it all sucks. The problem is that your call is getting shipped to some phone bank in India where the CSR could give a squirt of p*ss about what you need. Unfortunately, poor CS is something we will all have to deal with sooner or later. I'll stick with Sprint for a while. I've been with them for years now and with the exception of a few minor snags they always seem to get it right. The one thing I don't understand though...Sprint is huge. Why don't they have a better selection of hardware?
    08-28-08 09:58 AM
    ATT is utter FAIL in Santa Fe, Verizon is full of win and I get a signal in the hills! Also I've committed to a CDMA phone, so I guess it would take; lower price, CDMA, and an equal better signal strength.
    08-28-08 10:01 AM
    Reading through this thread...I have to agree with comments about T-Mo...I had them for 4 years and it was amazing CS..coverage was ok, but now with UMA, I'm thinking they must be quite good!

I had to shift to verizon for work...great coverage and while their phones aren't the latest, their customer service is second only to T-mo....I have had good experience with them so far *knock on wood*

so yes, my reasons would be:

1. coverage
    2. customer service ( I can't imagine CS being closed after 6pm as with At&T!!!)
    08-28-08 12:11 PM
    My reason to leave AT&T is

1. Coverage (CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?? NO!!!

2. Customer Service ( HOW OLD ARE AT&T CUSTOMER CARE REPS 15 YEAR OLDs??)
    08-28-08 12:20 PM
    Coverage for me.
    08-28-08 08:34 PM
    All comes down to price for me followed by quality of service. Give me a cheaper price for a similar plan and throw in good quality of service and i'll consider switching.
    08-28-08 08:52 PM
    The reason that I had to go to VZ from AT&T coverage in my area. I am sure that AT&T is fine in other areas but in my office, VZ picks up great where AT&T won't come close. Long live the Curve and VZ.
    08-28-08 09:07 PM
    I'd never leave Sprint. Great prices, great coverage. Customer service? I would never know myself because I never call in.
    08-29-08 08:46 AM
    I've used Cingular/AT&T all over the US including Hawaii, Europe, Canada and Mexico. Never had a problem with service, CS has always been nice to me. I wouldn't switch unless some carrier offered some amazing family plan for much less than I pay now.

BTW, I pay $250/mo. for a 5 phone family plan with unlimited messaging, BIS on one line, DSL service AND a residential phone line.
    08-29-08 10:42 AM
    Coverage, prices and device selection. If I can get the same coverage and either one of the last two, I would think about it. I switched to ATT from VZW because the coverage in my area where I needed it was about the same, their rate plans are nearly the same for me (employer discount for both), but ATT has better devices. So I will see what VZW is looking like in a couple years.
    08-29-08 12:09 PM
    1 coverage
    2 good cs - real people real answers to real
    Issues" putting people first"
    3 full function phones ie verizon locks gps
    4 options to switch phones as well as plans
    Without paying retail they make their money
    On the contract not the phones

08-29-08 09:13 PM
    I switched from verizon to tmo cause I was in the one deadspot for verizon. Tmo was a goos switch, endless equipment to shift to( tmo started me on the bb crave with the 8100 release). The moved and tmo had no coverage. So I shifted back to verizon

08-29-08 10:17 PM
    The only way I would leave Verizon is if they stopped selling/supporting Blackberry. I don't think I could use a WM phone after using a BB

08-29-08 10:44 PM
    i switched from AT&T to VZW because of the service and i have been with VZW for 6 years now and have no intentions of changing service providers
    08-29-08 10:46 PM
    First time poster.

Just wanted to chime in that the main thing I like about AT&T is that in my area nearly everyone I know has AT&T. Got to love the free mobile to mobile... it really save minutes. I'm able to get by with the cheapest voice plan, and I never be able to do that otherwise.

-cb
    08-29-08 11:13 PM
    1. Rate plans / Pricing
    2. Coverage
    3. Phone Selection

Right now I am pretty happy with Sprint but my only gripe is their coverage in the suburbs and outside major cities lacks. Their plans/prices and what you get with them to me is very competitive right now. It's hard to beat. What I pay about $70/month would be $145 on a competing carrier so I stay for now.

08-30-08 04:23 AM
    Coverage is making me switch from Sprint to ATT in my areas.

I get about half of my calls when in the office and end up running out of the office to our loading dock to finish the conversation if I'm lucky enough to keep it that long.

I get customers asking if I'm screening their calls all the time. Always kiddingly, but still it may seem that way.

Phones are important as well.
    09-02-08 09:55 PM
    Free javelin when it comes out!

09-02-08 11:38 PM
    A pink curve. Lol

09-02-08 11:55 PM
    COVERAGE is #1 After that I would have to see some really sweet rate plans.
    09-03-08 02:10 PM
    I just recently moved from NC to IL and swtiched carriers from Cingular to Tmobile...even though I loved cingular, TMO was cheaper for me. If I dont like it I can always swtich back I suppose.
    09-03-08 02:36 PM
130 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD