1- Better rate plans (Cheaper or more variety)

2- Better customer service
    04-14-08 08:41 AM
    Better coverage by the carrier would be my first priority. If TMO had better coverage in may area, I would be inclined to switch to them. They also have better rate plans but without better coverage in my area, I'll stay where I am.
    04-14-08 08:54 AM
    Prices are always important. My biggest draw however, are the phones. I would love to have an 8320.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-08 08:59 AM
    For me to switch they would have to pay me early termination fee and be a super deal with excellent service...

04-14-08 09:41 AM
    A free 90XX when it comes out !

04-14-08 09:54 AM
    Price of plans and selection of phones.

I was considering switching carriers but because I couldn't find a carrier that had a plan like Sprint's Simply Everything 450, I didn't switch. If I had, I would've totally switched though - Sprint's selection of phones aren't great.
    04-14-08 01:51 PM
    The only reason I would switch is coverage.
    04-14-08 02:38 PM
    Coverage & maybe newer services being offered. Coverage is is the most important though!
    04-14-08 02:41 PM
    To me coverage is the most important thing, how can use the phone, when you got no service?

Then.....phone selections
    04-14-08 02:41 PM
    Rate plans/Coverage
    Phone Selection
    Customer service
    04-14-08 02:44 PM
    I left sprint because of horrible customer service. it would take 3 months to remove incorrect charges from my bill. after the 3rd time in 18 months that happened I left.

coverage hasn't been a issue with any provider i have used in my area.
    04-14-08 03:04 PM
    I love verizon. Known for being a little more pricer, but great C.S. And their wireless network is phenominal. Any issue I have is handled promptly and nicely.

04-14-08 03:13 PM
    jpete

SevereDeceit
    Welcome to CB.......................
    Last edited by latina berry; 04-29-08 at 08:15 PM.
    04-14-08 03:19 PM
    This site is by far the best. Rockin' the CB icon on my main screen and got the Viigo Crackberry edition, thanks everyone for all the support. I have learned so much since joining and visit as much as i can. Thank god for Black & CrackBerries...
    04-14-08 03:45 PM
    The first thing would be coverage in my area. Second, customer service has to be top notch. I want to be able to speak with someone within a reasonable amount of time when I call customer service. Third, the carrier needs to have a phone that would interest me. I wasn't going to go with T-Mobile until I found out they had the 8320. Great phone!!! Next, contract term is very important to me because I feel much better with a one year contract over a two year contract. If I hate the service I only have a year with them and then I move on. It's also better for me if a great phone comes out and I'm abel to get it at a good price. Last would be the price of the carriers plans. I had Verizon before I switch but coverage is horrible where I love so i switched to T-Mobile. However, verizon is getting another tower where I live next year so if something happens and I end up hating T-Mobile I'll be switching back to Verizon. So far though, I'm happy with what i have now.
    04-14-08 09:38 PM
    Believe it or not, TMo sucks in Manhattan, NYC. I got TMo for Fave5s for me to be able to text my son in his school lobby - nada. Verizon was excellent reception, but horrible CS. TMo has the friendliest, promptest CS around. They don't always have all the answers, but they sure try and they always say "awesome!" LOL!!

04-14-08 09:51 PM
    I will never leave AT&T.

What makes me get other carriers are devices...

I had all five carriers at one point... AT&T, Tmo, Verizon, Sprin & Nextel.

What made me lose them...

Verizon- Liars ("Yes you will have roaming in Florida" )
    Nextel- Horrible service, why bother
    Tmo- Same with service, can't go through a brick wall much with 1900mhz
    Sprint- I still have, but never use the phone.

AT&T- Forever, and not just because I work for them. Everything is great for me with them. With 3g, voice + data at the same time is my favorite as well as the phone selections (Curve, 9000 soon, & iPhone)
    04-14-08 09:54 PM

i don't really like what i'm paying right now, but... it could be worse?
    04-15-08 12:02 AM
    Why I switched from AT&T to Verizon.

1. Coverage. Despite having more bars in more places, I could barely go down the street and still have signal. Forget calling someone while I'm on the road. I'll talk to them for a minute before having to say, "Hey! Are you there?"

2. Customer Service. AT&T did little to ease my woes when I informed them of my hassle with their coverage. When I asked for a cheaper rate since I can barely use the phone anyway, I was given very short answers. And yes, I was very nice about it. I'm not an ******* customer unless I'm starting to get screwed.
    Verizon has been okay, SO FAR.

3. Plans. AT&T had good plans, but Verizon's were pretty much the same. This was a no-brainer. Rates were also the same, with a few things different here or there depending.

4. Phone selection. Verizon had crappy phones, besides the BB Pearl and a few others.
    04-15-08 12:52 AM
    Well first of all, they woudl have to give me a 24% discount sponsored by my employer, all of my friends would have to switch because of mobile to mobile, and the carrier would have to offer rollover, darn good coverage, and the latest and greatest Blackberry. With that said, I don't think I am leaving AT & T anytime soon.
    04-15-08 01:02 AM
    Unlimited Data, Cheaper rates... I've never run into coverage problems unless im driving through the mountains, which i expect.

The canadian providers need to start looking at American providers as far as service and rates go cause we are getting screwed up here
    04-15-08 01:18 AM
    No. 1 would be coverage. However, I was with Verizon, and was really fed up with their getting "new" devices a year and a half after everybody else. By the time the test and re-test the phones and give it to their customers, other carriers already have the new model out. They were just to old and tired for me and I switched to AT&T. Better coverage in my area that Verizon. And i am actually paying less with AT&T than Verizon.
    04-15-08 08:32 AM
    I left 02-UK due to degrading quality of CS, being lied to, regular billing errors and poor data plans.

3 months so far T-Mobile UK have been spot on, and I they are waiting for my phone call to add BIS to my account when my BB 8100 Pearl arrives.

just �3 a month more
    04-15-08 08:56 AM
    I have also been with all other carriers (except Tmo) and in this area all are about the same.

AT&T and Verizon rule on coverage, not so much on customer service.

Nextel had terrible everything...again, why bother?

Sprint was ok, but their coverage wasn't great. So I left them too.

Anyway, for me to leave it must be first and foremost coverage. I HATE dropping calls. Second would be the latest and greatest phones. (I'm currently with Verizon and while they don't offer the latest and greatest, their data network is a **** of a lot faster than AT&T).

Price isn't that huge an issue, since I always have to get the newest and am willing to pay to do so. I tried that with the Curve and while I loved the phone, AT&T's data network drove me batty. I'll wait for the CDMA Curve this time.

Wow, wouldn't the marketing departments of each carrier love to get their hands on this thread??
    04-15-08 09:18 AM
    Price plan + coverage
    04-15-08 09:37 AM
130 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD