View Poll Results: What would convince you to switch to a BlackBerry phone?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • More apps

34 44.74%
  • Better screen resulution

11 14.47%
  • Slider phone

14 18.42%
  • QWERTY with larger screen

21 27.63%
  • Better camera

27 35.53%
  • Other

28 36.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    At some point the nice people at blackberry noticed that people, particularly business people were beginning to carry both cell phones and PDAs with them all the time, and had the idea to just combine the two into one device, and the smart phone was born. Several years later, the people at apple, presumably, were looking at Blackberries and thinking “You know, if we’re going to be trying to access web pages, and read documents on our phones, we really need to have larger screens” Also realizing that the limiting factor in screen size was the size and shape of the objects one can slide comfortably into the front pocket of a pair of jeans, they got the bright idea that without a keyboard the screen real estate could be greatly increased without increasing the size of the phone if we could type on the screen and have the keyboard disappear when it wasn't in use. These things seem obvious in hindsight, but nonetheless have led to major changes in form factor that revolutionized mobile computing. I have a company-supplied blackberry, and I don’t know what the next really revolutionary advancement will be but I feel as though for me to ever consider buying a Blackberry with my own money and even for the company to stay alive, the next big change in the evolution of the mobile phone had better be invented by blackberry.
    Last edited by petalmasher; 01-21-14 at 11:03 PM.
    01-21-14 08:49 PM
    Direct support of the Google play store. Simple agreement from the user could allow the installation of all Google services. turning your bb10 into an android without android

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 10:05 PM
    Direct support of the Google play store. Simple agreement from the user could allow the installation of all Google services. turning your bb10 into an android without android

Posted via CB10
    Also voiding many security feature if you accept

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 10:18 PM
    What would convince me? A cheaper phone that I can buy outright and unlocked direct from the company.

Seriously, they price their phones like they're the only game in town rather than being struggling for 3rd or 4th place. I'd love a Q5 or Q10. I want to try out BB10, but I'd want a QWERTY phone if I get one because to me that's the 'true Blackberry experience'.

I quite like my iPhone 5S but I really want to try a BB10. Let me buy one unlocked at a reasonable price without a 3 year contract, and I'll give it a shot.

FWIW I am in Canada, where 3-year contracts are the status quo, and the only place I can find BB10 phones for outright purchase & unlocked is eBay, and they seem overpriced considering the risks of buying on eBay.
    Carrier's are now required to offer 2 year plans in Canada.
    You can buy BlackBerry phones outright on all the big 3 Canadian carriers.
    Unlocking phones is legal in Canada and doesn't have to be done by the carrier.

CB10 : Z10 STL100-3 10.2.0.1803
    01-22-14 03:01 AM
    Well, there's the wearable stuff coming out. I have seen a number of articles stating that margins are starting to decline for cell phones, and that the major innovations have all taken place.

If you were brainstorming, there's no change to their phones that would persuade you to buy one yourself?

I have a company-supplied blackberry, and I don’t know what the next really revolutionary advancement will be but I feel as though for me to ever consider buying a Blackberry with my own money and even for the company to stay alive, the next big change in the evolution of the mobile phone had better be invented by blackberry.
    01-24-14 02:52 PM
    I am convinced. Now I am BB user.
    01-24-14 04:02 PM
    What convinced you? What did you use before making the switch?

I am convinced. Now I am BB user.
    01-27-14 09:59 AM
    BBRY doesn't sell because as-is, it is not making devices that are compelling enough for enough people. Image might have something to do with it, but that is BBRY's fault.

And why do you think most people do not use the best devices for them? There seems to me a sentiment that people don't know about BB10. That's definitely not true in my small sphere of influence. It just doesn't provide enough incentive for people to change. They know about the OS, even enjoy it, but cannot get some tasks done with the OS.

I think people are more concerned with productivity -- in whatever way they may define it -- than you give them credit for.
    What's the reboot issue? I had some on a BB OS7 phone before.

Posted via CB10
    I kept getting the blue screen of death and my phone would stop working. I kept getting replacements but the same thing kept happening. And NO it was not user error. I wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary of what I normally did. I used leaks that were current at the time and on my last attempt to stay with BB I stayed on a stock OS. Nope same problem happened.

I've come across threads where reboots are Still happening so once again The reboots are Not fixed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    01-27-14 08:12 PM
133 ... 456