I was checking this morning the people that i talk to in whatsapp. i notice that most of the i use to have them on BBM and the ones that i did not are waiting for BBM to be available on IOS and ANDROID.

So I just came up with the though of deleting whatsapp right away, but that will not help me much. So what i decided is to put a link to download BBM and in the picture profile my BBM PIN. As my status message "I'm out of here, if you want to talk to me add me on BBM"

So as the tittle says, What will you do with WhatsApp once BBM goes cross-platform?
    08-09-13 01:34 PM
    All depends on what the adoption rate is like.. I'd like to say whatsapp won't be needed anymore, but only time will tell if my contacts will all install BBM or not.
    08-09-13 01:44 PM
    I will be uninstalling it immediately and will only be available through BBM or text.

Quite frankly, I'm sick of the thought of giving Whatsapp access to my entire address book and having them go scavenging through it so they can add friends for me. I use my device for work and personal and do not wish to have work colleagues seeing my profile picture and status message, and there's no way to stop it. I prefer adding my own friends, thank you very much.
    08-09-13 01:45 PM
    delete in a heartbeat
    Im not paying the yearly fee
    and I barely use it except for a few people
    but like you said alot of people on my list most of them were on bbm
    I can see as soon as bbm comes out most of their stautus will be full of their bbm pins saying add them there and they no long use this
    08-09-13 01:45 PM
    delete in a heartbeat
    Im not paying the yearly fee
    and I barely use it except for a few people
    but like you said alot of people on my list most of them were on bbm
    I can see as soon as bbm comes out most of their stautus will be full of their bbm pins saying add them there and they no long use this
    What!!!!!!! really i didnt know that you have to pay. i mean i know it says something about 0.99 but i have 3 years with it same number and i have never paid
    08-09-13 02:01 PM
    I'm going to be keeping it as the last of my bb using friends went with an iPhone 5 a few weeks ago and I doubt they'll be adding another messenger to their phones. I'll be installing BBM for the groups function (I know WhatsApp has it but it's not very popular)

I also hate how WhatsApp automatically populates your friends list

Sent from my Jiayu G3S using Tapatalk 4 beta
    08-09-13 02:06 PM
    I'm gonna be telling everyone to get BBM when it comes out which I know most people will do. Then its bye bye Whatsapp!
    08-09-13 03:37 PM
    Uninstall and force ppl to bbm. If they don't want too then too bad lol.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 03:39 PM
    My IOS friends that are on WhatsApp are downloading BBM and we all are deleting WhatsApp!

Posted from my Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047
    08-09-13 03:50 PM
    There are a couple of things that whatsApp does better than BBM. The whole file share in group chat us superior. The 6mb limit on bbm is a killer and sharing pics in group chat needs to happen.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    08-09-13 03:56 PM
    There are a couple of things that whatsApp does better than BBM. The whole file share in group chat us superior. The 6mb limit on bbm is a killer and sharing pics in group chat needs to happen.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    Agree with this hopefully they can include it soon or thats going to be a problem
    08-09-13 04:53 PM
    Have it until everyone gets BBM!
    08-09-13 04:54 PM
    Continue using it just as I have been.
    08-09-13 04:57 PM
    Can't wait to delete it - a truly dreadful bit of software, horrible UI

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 05:04 PM
    I'll use it to let everyone know BBM is cross-platform . . .then hold on to it till my one year free subscription is up . .
    08-09-13 05:13 PM
    Delete it

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 05:22 PM
    Delete it. I am not gonna pay 1$ per year to send them my entire contact list. Hopefully they won't keep my list on their servers.

It's gonna be SMS, BBM or nothing

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 05:29 PM
    What!!!!!!! really i didnt know that you have to pay. i mean i know it says something about 0.99 but i have 3 years with it same number and i have never paid
    Ya its supposed to be 1$ a year.
    If you had the iPhone version initially I think you are exempt because you pay right off the bat

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 11:16 PM
    Uninstall and force ppl to bbm. If they don't want too then too bad lol.

Posted via CB10
    +100000000000000000000

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 03:04 AM
    I will keep it to chat with those who doesn't like to learn a great new way to chat.

Channel : C000FA856 | Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047
    08-10-13 05:00 AM
    Keep it.

Reality is that most people have moved on and don't even consider BlackBerry. I've got loads of contacts on WhatsApp who were once BBM and who have firmly moved on away from BlackBerry and who won't be coming back.

I will load BBM on my iPhone and SGIII and use those as my daily drivers and leave my Z10 at home for BBM Voice or BBM Video on WiFi.
    08-10-13 06:38 AM
    A couple things that I can think of right away that will probably keep WhatsApp around:

1) inertia.. people are just used to it and it's not really broken for most people out there and there's no urge to fix it

2) group chats.. WhatsApp does them in a more simple way and better. When I want to send a picture to a group on bbm I have to send it to each person individually, and the groups feature in bbm is overkill, separated from the rest of your list and simply annoying

3) backups work better for most people in WhatsApp, especially with saving convos and restoring group chats without having to be re-invited

If BlackBerry can remedy these three things I think then you can start really talking about a huge shift to BBM.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 06:59 AM
    Ya its supposed to be 1$ a year.
    If you had the iPhone version initially I think you are exempt because you pay right off the bat

Posted via CB10
    No, i know iPhone you have to pay to download it but I have been a blackberry user since 2009. All i use to do was delete my account and then download whatsapp again and it gives me one year more.
    08-10-13 07:36 AM
    If we all push it enough, it may one day in a long while become de facto messaging app.

NSA alone should be reason enough for people to want to use it over texts.

They also need to hurry with video and voice, because value added for a user to inconveniently switch over right now and start fresh is not that high. BBM and WhatsApp do essentially the same thing.

BBM channels is decent but needs refinement and MASS marketing to even put a dent in twitter or Fb.

Time will tell

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 08:33 AM
    If we all push it enough, it may one day in a long while become de facto messaging app.

NSA alone should be reason enough for people to want to use it over texts.

They also need to hurry with video and voice, because value added for a user to inconveniently switch over right now and start fresh is not that high. BBM and WhatsApp do essentially the same thing.

BBM channels is decent but needs refinement and MASS marketing to even put a dent in twitter or Fb.

Time will tell

Posted via CB10
    It looks like they are trying to make this wired mobile IM/ social app fusion . . . if BBM goes cross platform with BBM Channels having robust integration with twitter, Facebook, and maybe even Instagram and Tumblr and still offers solid voice, videos and maybe throw in Push-To-Talk then people will slowly but surely make the switch. . . . BBM simply has to offer more that what is currently available . . . most people obviously could care less about security, reliability and speed of messages . . .
    08-10-13 02:55 PM
33 12