01-30-12 07:39 PM
85 ... 234
tools
    However, the best device in the world can still fail if NO ONE BUYS IT!
    So well said! The Palm Pre and WebOs were the CES product of the year in 2009. Now it's GONE!

Live for today AND plan for tomorrow is my motto.
    01-29-12 01:41 PM
    Advertising is very important. I don't recall ever seeing a commercial for the PlayBook.

It was a great idea to sponsor the NBA games during Christmas. But the commercials that followed hardly showed the device off at all. The 99xx is a gorgeous phone, they should be hard pressed to show it off.

Sent from Motorola ATRIX 2 using Tapatalk
    01-29-12 01:44 PM
    Perception is reality, after all.

I still believe Iconic, All-Touch and Slider are fine. Just make them all available for every carrier, instead of pick-and-choose.

I had Verizon for years, and all I wanted was to replace my Storm with a Torch 9800. Burned my biscuits when it was AT&T exclusive!

RIM doesn't make too many handsets. They make a slightly different model for each network type and it seeeeeems like there's 80 devices coming out.
    I really believe that if the Torch had been on Verizon during the time all of those Storm and Storm 2 subs were starting to come off contract, that would have helped considerably for those who still wanted a touch screen BlackBerry experience. Exclusiveness kills, especially if you're not Apple.

Sent from Motorola ATRIX 2 using Tapatalk
    Rickroller likes this.
    01-29-12 01:50 PM
    Perception is reality, after all.

I still believe Iconic, All-Touch and Slider are fine. Just make them all available for every carrier, instead of pick-and-choose.

I had Verizon for years, and all I wanted was to replace my Storm with a Torch 9800. Burned my biscuits when it was AT&T exclusive!

RIM doesn't make too many handsets. They make a slightly different model for each network type and it seeeeeems like there's 80 devices coming out.
    Good point. I don't think this would apply so much here in Canada as we have much less population,and the carriers all use GSM. Although some carriers use both Cdma and Gsm. There are some phones exclusive to one carrier, but most phones you can get from any of the three main carriers.
    01-29-12 04:02 PM
    The IPhone to me is like a chick flick. More of a feminine phone. Like a convertible. The Android is like Star Wars. For the nerds out there. Like a hybrid. And Blackberry could be like a luxury car. Like a Cadillac. It could be the universal phone and cater to everyone.

It's quit simple. Have 3 versions on the phone. An all tough screen that resembles the IPhone, a Torch and a Bold. Variety is key.

Specs that match or are better than those of the top IPhones and Androids. The most important thing about this, make sure the specs are above or the same at the same time a new IPhone or Android comes out.

Rim has always been a year behind. They need to be up to date or in front of the others.

Have some apps that are exclusive only to Blackberry.

I guarantee that Rim will be back on top again. Especially with the Bold form factor. I hate touch screen and so does every IPhone and Android user whether they admit it or not.

I'd call Blackberry a pickup truck- because it actually gets things done. In theory. The cold hard truth is that RIM needs to figure out how to make competitive products.
    01-29-12 09:44 PM
    a lot of hard work

• better specs
    • better UI (which QNX already is)
    • ON TIME DELIVERY OF PRODUCTS
    • WORKING PRODUCTS
    • NO DEAD PIXELS OR DUST UNDER THE G0D DANN SCREENS !!!

Last edited by phoreoneone; 01-29-12 at 11:29 PM.
    01-29-12 10:19 PM
    The IPhone to me is like a chick flick. More of a feminine phone. Like a convertible. The Android is like Star Wars. For the nerds out there. Like a hybrid. And Blackberry could be like a luxury car. Like a Cadillac. It could be the universal phone and cater to everyone.

It's quit simple. Have 3 versions on the phone. An all tough screen that resembles the IPhone, a Torch and a Bold. Variety is key.

Specs that match or are better than those of the top IPhones and Androids. The most important thing about this, make sure the specs are above or the same at the same time a new IPhone or Android comes out.

Rim has always been a year behind. They need to be up to date or in front of the others.

I guarantee that Rim will be back on top again. Especially with the Bold form factor. I hate touch screen and so does every IPhone and Android user whether they admit it or not.
    Cadilac is not true luxury and I could see RIM getting back to number one, IF, there was some huge security flaw in iphones and or androids, and people went to BB for personal security reasons.
    01-30-12 12:45 AM
    Now I don't want to Argue RIM will be #1, nor do I expect them to be #1 again, but they very much COULD be #1 again with many scenarios'

Scenario 1:

Scenario 2:

Scenario 3:

ALL 3 Scenario's are not likely to happen, but Any of them could bring people back to RIM and Make RIM #1, to say it will never happen is to say in the 90's that Apple will never be anything more than a niche electronics manufacturer.
    Sorry but I think it would take all three scenarios to get RIM to #1....

But I do think that Security is something that is on a lot of peoples minds and yet RIM doesn't even promote it in the little advertising the do. As for celebrities, most of them seem to use BB already because of the security - RIM should be on the red carpets handing out devices and using celebrities in their marketing. RIM needs to do more to educate the average consumer on how a BB works and what makes it more secure to use. While we don't all have paparazzi stalking us and trying to hack our phones to "get the dirt"... we do all have credit cards and imagine in a few years how many will be making purchases using their Phone.
    01-30-12 03:30 PM

This topic pops up so much on CrackBerry and it's really not that simple.

They can't just "get some apps", it involves developers that are willing to put the majority of their focus on the ecosystem. Developers are plain and simply trying to make money and they don't see that opportunity in an ecosystem that isn't growing at a good rate.

As for consumer mindset, the average consumer doesn't view iPhones as feminine and Androids as geeky Star Wars, that's just you. RIM can't just say "Buy a BlackBerry, it's similar to a luxury car" when the public doesn't view them that way.

And no, not every iPhone and Android user hates touch screens, that's just your personal opinion again.
    01-30-12 05:34 PM
    Yes. BB has to think a step ahead for hardware improvement much above than iphone and android. BB has uniqueness for its security and messaging but has to keep supremacy in hardware too.
    01-30-12 07:39 PM
85 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD