We all don't know what is going on with TCl and BlackBerry at this point.
    Some believes Key3 is coming with Pie for Key2 devices.
    Others believe this is the end of BlackBerry Mobile after that long silence period.
    Another group of people thinks that there should be a solution in the middle like Alcatel devices with a BlackBerry physical keyboard or another licensee will show up.

In this thread, every interested body could write his/her overview of the situation.

In your own words, what do you think it is happening now? What about next?
    Where do you see BlackBerry devices in the next few months and years?
    What will happen to the brand, TCL contract, Android update, future devices, and so on...?

This thread is all about speculations, and I hope we upvote the most accurate post in the future when we realize the truth and TCL decision.

I also hope the old people in this forum to participate (like administrators and moderators and old members) because they should have a great experience in that BlackBerry long journey.

The more detailed post will be better.

Thank you...
    08-28-19 03:31 PM
    Isn't this just the same as this thread just re-worded? - https://forums.crackberry.com/genera...ailed-1175539/
    ppeters914 likes this.
    08-28-19 04:01 PM
    Isn't this just the same as this thread just re-worded? - https://forums.crackberry.com/genera...ailed-1175539/
    What? Search before posting? That's just *CRAZY*!!!!!
    Smokeaire and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    08-28-19 04:11 PM
    I read the discussion there.
    It didn't address my points here at all. My thread is calling for an opinion from th members about thier future overview.

People there are discussing the PKB and BB10, which are all off-topic.
    That's why it is requested here to be more direct and specific, with being on topic.
    08-28-19 04:24 PM
    Okay, everybody keep on topic of thread which seems to be everything CrackBerry and such.....
    08-28-19 05:38 PM
    Is that two old people that have replied already. Wait a minute I forgot about myself that's three then. Lol 😆
    08-28-19 06:11 PM
    PKB's are off topic regarding the future of BlackBerry devices?

Umm....okay.... you betcha....
    08-28-19 06:26 PM
    Maybe capture a few various models of BB's that are out in the wild and crossbreed. What's born could be the ultimate BB 🤔
    08-28-19 06:45 PM
    We all don't know what is going on with TCl and BlackBerry at this point.
    Some believes Key3 is coming with Pie for Key2 devices.
    Others believe this is the end of BlackBerry Mobile after that long silence period.
    Another group of people thinks that there should be a solution in the middle like Alcatel devices with a BlackBerry physical keyboard or another licensee will show up.

In this thread, every interested body could write his/her overview of the situation.

In your own words, what do you think it is happening now? What about next?
    Where do you see BlackBerry devices in the next few months and years?
    What will happen to the brand, TCL contract, Android update, future devices, and so on...?

This thread is all about speculations, and I hope we upvote the most accurate post in the future when we realize the truth and TCL decision.

I also hope the old people in this forum to participate (like administrators and moderators and old members) because they should have a great experience in that BlackBerry long journey.

The more detailed post will be better.

Thank you...
    I honestly don't know what will happen, but I'd bet that TCL does not renew its licencing agreement - at least not under the same terms.

Will TCL or any other OEM simply licence the BlackBerry keyboard in the future? I'm not sure, but I hope so.

Will Pie come to the KEY²? I still hope so.

Will there be a KEY³? I still hope so. I think they can make a few more bucks off the diehards like me.
    08-28-19 07:06 PM
    Another group of people thinks that there should be a solution in the middle like Alcatel devices with a BlackBerry physical keyboard
    If BBMo were to end, this would be the first thing I'd have interest in
    08-28-19 07:11 PM
    Will there be a KEY³? I still hope so. I think they can make a few more bucks off the diehards like me.
    If the rumor thread is true (and given that so much is in line with other information and predictions, I'd be very surprised if it wasn't), then BBMo is already losing money with the current phones. Not sure how they'd make money with another one, with an even smaller sales volume.
    08-28-19 08:13 PM
    If the rumor thread is true (and given that so much is in line with other information and predictions, I'd be very surprised if it wasn't), then BBMo is already losing money with the current phones. Not sure how they'd make money with another one, with an even smaller sales volume.
    You see my friend, it's simple:

BBMo's KEY3 will be a slightly updated LE and will retail for $999 to make up for lack of sales volume.

Kind of like Apple, isn't it?

Higher profit margin per device and less devices sold.
    08-28-19 08:16 PM
    If they turf the extra layer of infrastructure and just sell into a couple of markets, they would probably be able to unload them pretty quickly.
    08-28-19 08:17 PM
    $2K for a non-4K phone to compete with foldable hardware but itself non-foldable but priced as such due to PKB and recreational marijuana card guaranteed since to purchase you got to be smoking premium grade.

New brand and name : the Zig-Zag Blunt
    08-28-19 08:29 PM
    I honestly don't know what will happen, but I'd bet that TCL does not renew its licencing agreement - at least not under the same terms.

Will TCL or any other OEM simply licence the BlackBerry keyboard in the future? I'm not sure, but I hope so.

Will Pie come to the KEY²? I still hope so.

Thanks. I really wanted to know your opinion regarding this.
    08-28-19 09:11 PM
    If BBMo were to end, this would be the first thing I'd have interest in
    Ypu recently started to hate BlackBerry brand 😆 lol.
    08-28-19 09:31 PM
    They still got two more years left in this contract, so they might fill this gap with another device to extract the remaining fans.
    08-28-19 09:39 PM
    They still got two more years left in this contract, so they might fill this gap with another device to extract the remaining fans.
    And charge accordingly I'm afraid.
    08-28-19 09:42 PM
    I'll support a PKB whenever given the chance, whether there's a BB logo on the back or not.

Personally, I don't think said logo can recuperate or be saved.

Not so much for the PKB itself, which does not need BB to exist contrary to some beliefs.

Ypu recently started to hate BlackBerry brand lol.
    It's getting harder and harder by the day to defend these guys... I partially gave up already.

The company hasn't said a word since February and all we get to have is the same repetitive Instagram posts, showing devices which are very hard to find.

Remember when BBMo used to post the link to Best Buy and Amazon in their post or in comments?

Well, they don't do that anymore, and I wonder why...
    08-28-19 10:07 PM

Not so much for the PKB itself, which does not need BB to exist contrary to some beliefs.
    If you're fine with crappy keyboard cases like the one for Samsung or the Typo, then you're not very hard to please.
    08-28-19 10:12 PM
    If you're fine with crappy keyboard cases like the one for Samsung or the Typo, then you're not very hard to please.
    They don't have to be that bad either.

Typo case gen 1 had BB sculpting, so it always pretty decent as far as accuracy, but it had no chin and it protruded out the front which made it a bit awkward to hold. The key clickiness was way too harsh and not smooth enough, and each key of that thing sounded louder than the KEY2 spacebar, and that's saying alot.

The S8 keyboard cover wasn't on par with BB keyboards, it had many drawbacks but the keys themselves had much much better click than the Typo cases, and the keys were made of a rubber which added much grip to the thumbs, which helped make up for the lack of sculpting.

Anyhoo, those are two examples, it can be done better.

A good example is the Nokia E series, which were the best Bold clone at the time.
    08-28-19 10:16 PM
    Might be cheaper for them simply to pay any early exit penalties than make phones.
    08-29-19 09:45 AM
    Might be cheaper for them simply to pay any early exit penalties than make phones.
    Especially since they've already tried the "bolt together the spare parts and spray on a new coat of paint" approach.
    cgk likes this.
    08-29-19 10:04 AM
    We don't know if they even have to make phones while remaining under the current licencing agreement.
    cgk likes this.
    08-29-19 10:07 AM
    We don't know if they even have to make phones while remaining under the current licencing agreement.
    Right. There's obviously a % of each device sold or a flat fee, but perhaps if there are no devices being made, there's no % to payout. Depending on how it's set up, they could just take the flat fee charge and produce nothing.
    cgk likes this.
    08-29-19 11:06 AM
27 12