Best
    Iphone 3GS

Worst
    It's a really long list, mostly because I love my current phone so much. But I think my Motorola flip that I got in 1995 tops it
    07-02-10 04:17 AM
    Best:
    BB Pearl Flip 8220 - Tmobile
    Motorola KRZR K1m - Sprint (by far my favorite non smart phone)

Worst:
    Samsung Rant - Sprint

Honorable mention:
    Sanyo 4900 - Sprint - This was my first cell phone and I don't remember what kind of sound quality it had but I do remember this thing held on to calls GREAT and was virtually indestructible. I heard a Sprint salesman tell me he used to just throw this phone across the room several times a day as a demonstration of how tough it was.
    07-02-10 08:40 AM
    Best
    Curve 8330
    Moto E815

Worst
    Razr
    07-02-10 08:55 AM
    Actually with Sprint I've had great call quality with all of the phones I've had with them since back to 2002. Only issue that I did have was the first Tour 9630 (one of the first batch) had a horrible mic on it an no one could here me. Other than that I have had very few dropped calls with Sprint. There was an issue once with one tower on the way home from work for a couple weeks where it would die every time, but they either fixed it or things fixed themselves. Other than that I could probably count dropped calls on my hands and feet over my 8 years with them.
    07-02-10 09:14 AM
    Best - Curve 8330 and 8530
    Worst - Tour 9630 (horribly muffled)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-10 09:15 AM
    I need to add the Motorola Q9C for Sprint as a good one. So far it seems like Motorola and Blackberry appear to make the best phones for call quality.
    07-02-10 01:51 PM
    Hmmm, that is a hard question to answer. Even my very first phone, Moto StarTac was used very infrequently for voice calls. I cant even remember making a call on my phone(s) that were unclear.
    07-02-10 01:55 PM
    I can't remember most of the phones I've had, BUT I think...

Best: BB Storm 9550, BB Storm 9530, and Samsung Alias.

Worst: iPhone 3G, and a long, long time ago I think it was a DiamondTel something or another? We're talking a LONG time ago...lol!

Honestly, I'd say in the past 10 years all the phones I've had have had fine call quality except the iPhone 3G, which "picket fences" and has low call volume. It's still better than a phone from 10 years ago, but by today's standards it's not too hot.

Note: I am only rating on call quality as requested. I could rate the Storm 9530 as the buggiest phone I've ever had...lol! At least for the first 6 months or so...
    07-02-10 07:05 PM
    Curve 8310 - had to do 5+ warranty exchanges but it all worked out in the end because AT&T gave me a free Bold for all trouble...
    07-02-10 07:13 PM
    Best Call Quality:
    1. LG Lotus - superior call quality on both sides of the call
    2. BlackBerry Tour 9630 - very good call quality, especially on the Tour side of the call.

Worst Call Quality:
    1. Palm Pixi - horrible call quality on the Palm's side of the call, okay on the other side of the call.
    2. iPhone 3G - very poor call quality on the other side of the call, although quite good on the iPhone side. Chuck nailed it in his post above ... the iPhone 3G sends "picket fence" call volume. Sometimes the person on the other side can not hear the low volume coming across from the iPhone, and then it blasts the person on the other side of the call with high volume for a few seconds, then back down again. Highly irritating for the person you are calling because they don't know how to set the volume on their phone for the incoming iPhone call. To do so many thing right, why can't Apple fix this call quality issue? After all, the most important thing you do on your "smart" phone is to make phone calls.
    Last edited by IndePanda; 07-03-10 at 11:01 AM.
    07-03-10 10:49 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD