What are you basing this statement on? This is what copy/paste looks like on my phone:

Click to view quoted image

You simply long press on the area you want to start copying and drag the cursor to where you want to go. It even magnifies the text while you're dragging so you know exactly where to stop. Then you have those on-screen options on what you'd like to do with the copied text. To paste, simply long press in any text field and select the paste option when it appears. Easy peasy.
    He's basing how he uses his device and quite possibly experience using or trying other devices. The 99xx can copy/paste exactly as you describe; for me it's quicker to use the trackpad + shift as I don't need to wait that half-second to long-press.

It's all about user preference. I'm seeing quite a bit of vehemence over what people prefer, which is sad. We're not a cookie-cutter nation.
    10-23-11 01:30 PM
    He's basing how he uses his device and quite possibly experience using or trying other devices. The 99xx can copy/paste exactly as you describe; for me it's quicker to use the trackpad + shift as I don't need to wait that half-second to long-press.

It's all about user preference. I'm seeing quite a bit of vehemence over what people prefer, which is sad. We're not a cookie-cutter nation.
    Oh I completely get that. I just don't like seeing false info spread. It seems to me that more people say "these types of devices CAN'T do this this and this" instead of saying "I realize that these devices can do this this and this but *I* just can't make it work for me."

Just like in your example of shift+ trackpad vs long press, I prefer the long press and swipe because I feel I'm more accurate using that method plus I can do it with one finger. The accuracy I have makes up for that half second needed for the long press because I'm not spending 5 seconds correcting where I want the cursor placed. I can say that works the best for me without saying that other devices make it more difficult, are less capable, etc. See what I mean?
    avt123, Thud Hardsmack and house78 like this.
    10-23-11 01:40 PM
    Oh I completely get that. I just don't like seeing false info spread. It seems to me that more people say "these types of devices CAN'T do this this and this" instead of saying "I realize that these devices can do this this and this but *I* just can't make it work for me."

Just like in your example of shift+ trackpad vs long press, I prefer the long press and swipe because I feel I'm more accurate using that method plus I can do it with one finger. The accuracy I have makes up for that half second needed for the long press because I'm not spending 5 seconds correcting where I want the cursor placed. I can say that works the best for me without saying that other devices make it more difficult, are less capable, etc. See what I mean?
    We're on the same page.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-23-11 09:39 PM
    I know this forum is in a lot of countries but here in the us we have freedom of speech. That means good or bad you can say what you want as long as it doesn't imply bad doings.

This is a forum and people express their opinions here. Good or bad it is their thought about the brand.

We have other Sections for other devices so this site is not a biased one. If you feel this thread is hurting you in any way emotionally feel free to report it but for right now its a healthy device discussion IMO

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk

I agree with you and yes, freedom of speech is something we value all over the world, not just in the US.

My concern was about the OP using lines such as "So I am asking you- what are you waiting for? Why are you still holding on so blindly to RIM's products and services?".

Thats more of a freedom misuse and more like somebody comes to your home and asks your family to move out because he doesn't like you!!

I have been reading CB for a long time but decided to join in only last month cos I could see so much negativity (most very deliberate). There are thousands of BB and potential BB users who come to this forum and as DevinThomas noted in another thread, its not a pretty sight if I am looking for advice on buying a BB and come to CB for advice.

I am sure that most of us do not mind genuine constructive criticism, and I have nothing against Andoid or Apple. Both are great products; pick up something that works for you and move on, it need not always be a BB.
    avmsam likes this.
    10-23-11 10:18 PM
    The Playbook is another story. Let's just say it has very good hardware but is near useless. The selection of apps is a big joke. What kind of tablet doesn't have basic PIM apps? I can't believe we are actually praying or RIM to release OS2, and all it delivers are the basics on what a tablet should have to begin with.
    Just like how the first iPhone didn't have copy/paste and MMS? This happens with a ton of different phones and tablets.
    10-23-11 11:41 PM

I apologize for not saying its easier to me. I have had an evo and I use an itouch daily and I guess its my fat fingers but I always go up to many lines and it just seems to be super touchy in my opinion.

I never like bashing other smartphones because I know a phone is not for everyone (even though the 4s is selling like it is for everyone lol) I personally love my BB but for features that may bore other smartphone users like a keyboard and a few others.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-23-11 11:47 PM

So I am asking you- what are you waiting for? Why are you still holding on so blindly to RIM's products and services?
    I am not blindly holding on,

I assure you every device with a keyboard to hit Rogers Wireless, or Bell Canada I have had in my hands and have attempted to write 500 word on it.

I have also done the same with every over hyped device even if I did have to suffer without the wonderful tactile feed back that a hardware keyboard gives.

What am I waiting for?
    someone to offer me a device with a enjoyable to use Keyboard for single hand operation, Someone to offer me the ability to strip HTML from emails so I get only the text content I need, with the lowest data requirement possible, and someone to give me a phone that I can learn the features to make it my own.

if someone else gives me that, and PLEASE gives me a better calendar and better office application, I'll be turning at least 1 line into that device.
    10-23-11 11:54 PM
    i don't really think "single handed use" is a thought process at any development stage, but more of a "oh yeah well i guess that's a nice feature". clearly since full touch devices have totally blown the market wide open, i would say that a keyboard, while serving a noted function and demographic, is likely to find it's way into the hearts of only the minority who insist on having it, the markets clearly already display this. i would also argue to anyone that thinks RIM does email better than anyone else is sadly mistaken. in fact the options you have with blackberry and email are overwhelmingly limited. just take any one of RIM's outages as a broad example of this, or the lack of functions to allow 3rd party clients to exhibit usefulness. both android and iOS offer equally good push services, with a MUCH higher reliability rate, and have thousands of 3rd party, and secure mind you, services that you can customize your experience with, the same goes across the board for calendar. i can't imagine a better contact/calendar/email system than one you can access from any computer at any time, and have it synced to your device. this is how iOS and android function, at the detriment of RIM's services. what i'm waiting for is for someone to actually tell me what RIM is doing as a functional service right now, that is better than offerings that are absolutely smoking them in terms of sales and adoption. and for anyone ready to reply with SECURITY!!!! please, consumers simply do not care about this, if they did android would not own literally half of the global smart phone market.
    10-24-11 12:24 AM
    Why do people like Pepsi over Coke?
    Why do you drive that Ford when there are Toyotas?
    Why do some people use Tide instead of Woolite?

It's a personal preference. I'm not waiting for anything. I like BlackBerry, I don't hate Android, iPhone, Windows Phone, or any phones... I just like BlackBerry. If you don't, find something you do like. The end.

I'm not blind, RIM has made mistakes. But I'm thankful for mistakes, which hopefully give not only RIM but other companies a chance to learn and improve. I'm also thankful we have so many choices when it comes to mobile devices, because a world with only one kind of smartphone would be very dull indeed.
    not quite. pepsi and coke are the same but in their own way; so yes a matter of preference. apple and android can mostly do the same but again in their own way. RIM hasn't been able to do things on the same level as apple or android recently. rather than a ford vs toyota, its more like an automobile vs a bicycle.
    10-24-11 12:38 AM
    not quite. pepsi and coke are the same but in their own way; so yes a matter of preference. apple and android can mostly do the same but again in their own way. RIM hasn't been able to do things on the same level as apple or android recently. rather than a ford vs toyota, its more like an automobile vs a bicycle.
    I disagree

it very much is a pepsi / coke thing, because it is a sum of all parts with the phone ecosystem, when you sum up the taste, the advertising / the availability / the peer group the decision for coke vs pepsi is more and more like the decision as to which smartphone you use.

when one tallys all their needs, and what they are subjected to they then pick their smartphone brand of choice, currently weighing in the pro's and con's of each brand and weighting each pro/con according to personal preference, only Blackberry is relevant for me.

for your statement RIM hasn't been able to do things on the same level as apple or Android, lately, really the only thing RIM hasn't be able to do is provide developer tools and attract developers, the OS's of all 3 major players have great pro's and con's and the biggest detractor to RIM is not the OS, but the lack of Applications, which is the folly of popularity over the folly of technical ability.

A better comparison would be a Honda/Toyota vs Ford, being Apple/Android vs Ford, all make great products, but Honda has the most after market addons with toyota coming in close, Ford, seems to be near the bottom of the pack for after market products. Stock without any additional addons and using only what comes in the box, they are all very comparable devices in terms of usability.
    TRlPPlN and Michelle Haag like this.
    10-24-11 12:56 AM
    I've missed you dR. You're always spot on.
    10-24-11 06:57 AM
    If they supported exchange ActiveSync that would be much less of an issue...

I totally agree with you about the e-mail and two way sync thing. Now that the GMail plugin is included in the OS, I thought for sure two way sync would be flawless. Nope. I'll read an e-mail from my desktop browser, and maybe the next day it shows as read on my BB. Very irritating. Same thing for syncing multiple Google Calendars. It won't do it. And, two way Google contact sync doesn't work either.

This was the main reason I hesitated going back to BB. Of course on an Android phone it's flawless, and that's to be expected. But if e-mail is the "thing" for RIM, it still fails to integrate with popular web based e-mail. And I know a lot depends on Google creating a better enhanced plugin, but why didn't RIM demand true two way sync before including it in their OS?

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express
    10-24-11 10:53 AM
    So after three days of owning a Samsung Galaxy SII, I can say 100% that I have no regrets, and only great things to say about Android. But I won't talk about that here. The only thing I miss about my Blackberry is the LED light. But that's just about it.

I still didn't sell my Playbook in the hopes that some good news would come out, so that I won't totally abandon Blackberry as well. But when I opened Crackberry today, and found out that OS2.0 is not coming out until February (and if I am not mistaken, I believe this is actually a delay), that really did it for me.

And so, my loyalty to Blackberry has totally ended. My Playbook is going up for sale today. Enough is really enough.
    10-26-11 07:07 AM
    The only thing I miss about my Blackberry is the LED light. But that's just about it.
    There's an app (and I think it's free) for the SII called NoLED. It does what BeBuzz does for the BB's. Not quite as functional as BeBuzz, but it does give you light notifications.
    10-26-11 07:13 AM
    thanks, downloaded it and works perfect
    10-26-11 10:35 AM
90 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD