I've gotten the *best* thing ever. I have a portable wifi hotspot. I got rid of my internet connection at home and use that as my primary connection. I don't take it out with me all the time, like when I know I'll be busy doing other things and not using much data. But it's AWESOME on vacation.
    hhhhmmmm.....don't be giving me ideas, gurlie.....
    12-26-12 09:18 AM
    I've been worried about the size too but all my friends who have the S3 wished they had gotten the Note2 cause of the screen size. I don't care much about one hand typing cause my fingers can only stretch across my 9900 keyboard. Either way I always need 2 hands to type.

During your switch to the N2, is there anything which you dislike about it? Is it easy to multitask?

My main point is that I don't wanna jump to android and end up seeing BB10 having what I need (skype and whatsapp) cause I'll stab myself if that happens. Moreover, all bb are tied to BIS, and I can't change my phone plans for the next 2 years once I get the new contract...
    It's very good, I have no dislikes. The only thing I hated was when I plugged it into my pc, I was like "Why is there no usb mode!?", then I downloaded it haha, Android noob. I too don't wanna be tied down, but the size is really good for media. I study media and gaming right now so I love browsing.

Oh, and don't worry qbnkelt. I only openly browse when I'm on WiFi. The trial period is only 7 days now and my phone arrived last Thursday.

I do prefer emailing on BB, and there's BBM of course.
    12-26-12 09:31 AM
    Again, I'm pretty sure she's comparing the size of the SGS3 in relation to us midgets as roughly the same as the Note in relation to a normal sized person. For me personally, the Note is too big. I'd rather have a SGS3-sized phone, and a larger tablet than one device that's too big for one and too small for the other.
    I agree, for a phone the 9900 is my limit, maybe slightly too big and I prefer doing the heavy stuff on a tablet or my little HP laptop. I don't like devices that try to do it all, the Note is a poor tablet and terrible phone.

The 9700 or my wife's 9790 feels far more comfortable to use one handed while active.
    12-26-12 09:43 AM
    Wait.....WAIT.....don't move, if you're on the fence.

As I said to the OP, test the device yourself.
    I am from sunny Singapore, we don't get to test a device and return it. Everytime we get a new phone it's a life or death decision which we might regret for the next 2 years lol. Moreover, our telcos here haven't confirm the dates which BB10 will be launched here.

My upgrade is due in Jan but i'm not sure if I wanna wait for BB10 and if it doesn't pack the features which I want, I'll regret waiting. By then, the N3 might be coming out soon and it'll mean i'll need to wait somemore. Kinda annoying to keep waiting really.
    But if I jump ship and BB10 has everything I want, then I'll wanna stab myself cause I like BlackBerry. Although like my friends reasoned with me, the non-blackberry phone also pack what I need... >.<
    12-26-12 09:43 AM
    It's very good, I have no dislikes. The only thing I hated was when I plugged it into my pc, I was like "Why is there no usb mode!?", then I downloaded it haha, Android noob. I too don't wanna be tied down, but the size is really good for media. I study media and gaming right now so I love browsing.

Oh, and don't worry qbnkelt. I only openly browse when I'm on WiFi. The trial period is only 7 days now and my phone arrived last Thursday.

I do prefer emailing on BB, and there's BBM of course.
    I've heard my friend complaining that gmail lags on his LG DROID. I hope this isn't the case for Samsung cause emails are extremely important for me due to work reasons....
    12-26-12 09:45 AM
    I'm sure size does matter, thus the success of the Note line of phones. Is THAT so hard to understand? As for one handed use.. The phone can be easily set up for one handed use thru apps and custom launchers (all available for stock phones). I can open my notification bar with one downward swipe anywhere on my screen, so that I don't need to reach the top of the device. And texting one handed has never been easier with Swiftkey Flow or Swype.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    The Note and phablets in general are not really that successful, still just a niche by any standards. In fact the Note is the only one that had any success at all.
    12-26-12 09:56 AM
    I am from sunny Singapore, we don't get to test a device and return it. Everytime we get a new phone it's a life or death decision which we might regret for the next 2 years lol. Moreover, our telcos here haven't confirm the dates which BB10 will be launched here.

My upgrade is due in Jan but i'm not sure if I wanna wait for BB10 and if it doesn't pack the features which I want, I'll regret waiting. By then, the N3 might be coming out soon and it'll mean i'll need to wait somemore. Kinda annoying to keep waiting really.
    But if I jump ship and BB10 has everything I want, then I'll wanna stab myself cause I like BlackBerry. Although like my friends reasoned with me, the non-blackberry phone also pack what I need... >.<
    I think what she meant was to go into a store and physically try the unit's hands on. See which one you find more enjoyable and can see yourself using for the next couple of years. It's a lot to try and figure out in the span of a few minutes of use but you will get a feel as to how each functions and handles the basics.
    12-26-12 09:58 AM
    really easy BB10 vs Note 2

For BB10
    Agree on these ones, but not on the rest.
    3. Smaller form factor - Intended for single hand usage
    6. Secured & certified - fips (no antennaegate, wifi, note 2 system crashes, no hacking)
    10. It's a BlackBerry!

(I don't have a Note but I'm using my GS3 as a proxy since they are close relatives)

1. Ease of use - faster in doing things on the device, eg, hub, active frames, screen sliding, gestures
    Umm, I don't think so. Come up with the 20 most common things people use their smartphones and I will bet that 15 of them can be done more efficiently on the Note. Google Now, quick settings, notification, customizable launcher, keyboard, voice command, voice typing, plus all sorts of convenience apps you didn't even know existed.

2. Better hardware - build quality, cameras, screen, speaker, glass, microusb, standard hdmi (better than n2)
    Where can I see this list of hardware specs? BTW, I thought specs didn't matter.

4. Best for communication (email, SM, chat, conference, networking)
    If you don't have the apps to communicate to the people you need to talk to, how can it possibly be "best for communication"?

5. Smart technology - Web standards, QNX
    Everyone complies with web standards up to the point that it matters. And that point is determined by what Safari on iOS can support. As for QNX, what does it mean to an end user? I still have not seen a user app or user feature that is unique to QNX and cannot be done on Android.

7. Business/professional oriented
    What does this even mean?

8. Maximum native applications now also integrated with best in class performance - Protect, Traffic, Wallet, Travel, calendar, contacts, notes, bridge, docs, fb, tw, bbm, browser
    Unsubstantiated and unsupportable claim. This topic is too big to refute

9. Best in class keyboard - onscreen and physical options
    After trying many alternative onscreen keyboards, I've settled on Swiftkey as having the best offerings. I'm currently using Swiftkey Flow. I'm sure that the BB10 onscreen keyboard is going to be good, but will it be the best choice for everyone? One thing I think I'd have a problem with are the suggested words appearing beside the keys. To take advantage of this feature you need to keep your fingers out of the line of sight, floating them above the keyboard , which necessarily slows down your typing. The word flinging gesture is demonstrably slower than the more common alternatives. I'm pretty sure that it will not win speed contests.

The thing about Android, is you don't need to believe the manufacturer when they say it has the best in class keyboard. If they're blowing smoke, there's going to be something better in the marketplace. Econ 101: competition in an open market results in the true "best in class" products.
    12-26-12 10:01 AM
    I agree, for a phone the 9900 is my limit, maybe slightly too big and I prefer doing the heavy stuff on a tablet or my little HP laptop. I don't like devices that try to do it all, the Note is a poor tablet and terrible phone.

The 9700 or my wife's 9790 feels far more comfortable to use one handed while active.
    My 9700 is way too small now to use one handed, especially when I'm doing something else just because I've gotten used to larger phones over the past couple years. When I'm walking and BBM'ing, I actually have to stop to hammer out the message, and that's using two hands. I can type a lot better on my SGS3 while moving, again using two hands. Again, that's just what I've gotten used to so that's why I'm more efficient at it now.

I too have a HP laptop, and it feels like a friggin' tank and looks huge compared to what's out there now and it's only about a year old! I wish I had gone with something smaller, like around 13" instead of 15.4"
    12-26-12 10:32 AM
    I'm sure size does matter, thus the success of the Note line of phones. Is THAT so hard to understand?
    Wow! If you compare Note2 to SGS3 (everything same on both, except screen size) then it's clear that size does not matter. Please relax.

Notafanboy - read the stuff in bold

Agree on these ones, but not on the rest.
    3. Smaller form factor - Intended for single hand usage
    6. Secured & certified - fips (no antennaegate, wifi, note 2 system crashes, no hacking)
    10. It's a BlackBerry!

(I don't have a Note but I'm using my GS3 as a proxy since they are close relatives)

1. Ease of use - faster in doing things on the device, eg, hub, active frames, screen sliding, gestures
    Umm, I don't think so. Come up with the 20 most common things people use their smartphones and I will bet that 15 of them can be done more efficiently on the Note. Google Now, quick settings, notification, customizable launcher, keyboard, voice command, voice typing, plus all sorts of convenience apps you didn't even know existed. You already lost me with all of this.. You would take a day to setup all of this. Which is 24 hours.. Which means I am already 1440 minutes ahead and faster than you You think you would ever be able to regain that lost time?

2. Better hardware - build quality, cameras, screen, speaker, glass, microusb, standard hdmi (better than n2)
    Where can I see this list of hardware specs? BTW, I thought specs didn't matter. You will see them on Jan 30! The 'specs race' does not matter. and trust me, samsungs are no biggie on specs.

4. Best for communication (email, SM, chat, conference, networking)
    If you don't have the apps to communicate to the people you need to talk to, how can it possibly be "best for communication"? What do you mean? Email, Social Media, BBM, MVS, Gtalk, iM+, I'm sorry it doesn't do braille for you.

5. Smart technology - Web standards, QNX
    Everyone complies with web standards up to the point that it matters. And that point is determined by what Safari on iOS can support. As for QNX, what does it mean to an end user? I still have not seen a user app or user feature that is unique to QNX and cannot be done on Android. Haha What do you mean determined by Safari? I used Safari this morning on my iPad and it's really bad for the hype you give it. As for QNX, it is not something for the consumers. It's what gives the consumers an opportunity to leverage their connection.

What does this even mean? It means that when I have a work order email to submit I do not get bubbly type pop-ups, or my boss' messages don't look like they sent to me from playschool. My emails look crisp and clean with only the relevant information. I have a profile that I can setup under my communication which gets distributed to my contacts with all my details organized neatly. I don't have to rely on Whatsapp to communicate globally to my clients since it's unreliable. So I have BBM specific for work where I can coordinate easily with all my networks. The notifications, settings and flow is structured by default adjusting all types of options. In short, I buy a BB and never get into anything that you mentioned in Point 1. Because I'm a working man and I don't have time to search for the best keyboard and put in 100 settings. Really.

8. Maximum native applications now also integrated with best in class performance - Protect, Traffic, Wallet, Travel, calendar, contacts, notes, bridge, docs, fb, tw, bbm, browser
    Unsubstantiated and unsupportable claim. This topic is too big to refute It's too big to fit in your small head.

9. Best in class keyboard - onscreen and physical options
    After trying many alternative onscreen keyboards, I've settled on Swiftkey as having the best offerings. I'm currently using Swiftkey Flow. I'm sure that the BB10 onscreen keyboard is going to be good, but will it be the best choice for everyone? One thing I think I'd have a problem with are the suggested words appearing beside the keys. To take advantage of this feature you need to keep your fingers out of the line of sight, floating them above the keyboard , which necessarily slows down your typing. The word flinging gesture is demonstrably slower than the more common alternatives. I'm pretty sure that it will not win speed contests.

Haha. Swiftkey? Really? Truth is Android never gave you a decent keyboard. Samsung never did. You have no choice but to use Swiftkey. Honestly, Android keyboards are the worst keyboards to ever exist. I would rather cut of my fingers and verbally record all my communication than type on Android. My Keyboard or ANY REAL KEYBOARD IN THE WORLD does not have a settings key. It may have a Windows key, a Command key but NOT A SETTINGS KEY. Makes me sick. And secondly. What's the deal with numbers on top of letters? That's so BlackBerry wannabe. Even BlackBerry is moving out of that and now you want everyone to use it?

See the difference is, BlackBerry Keyboard does not need to win any Speed contests as you say. It's not for school exams that there is some time limit on things. BlackBerry keyboard (if anyone's used the PB suggestions) you'd know that it improves your grammar drastically and helps you frame better sentences. How would you know? Busy punching in keys, your post shows..

The thing about Android, is you don't need to believe the manufacturer when they say it has the best in class keyboard. If they're blowing smoke, there's going to be something better in the marketplace. Econ 101: competition in an open market results in the true "best in class" products.

Did you just gimme an Econ 101? Lemme give you a brainwave 101? Wake up. You are paying Samsung and you are paying Android your precious money. You should demand for nothing but the best. Swiftkey has nothing to do. They are just making more money at your expense.
    12-26-12 10:32 AM
    Hey, to get the swiftkey keyboard runs with all function and benefit, I need to pay USD 2,3 more? What a F**k since I already spend more than USD 700 for note 2?

Again, what a F**k
    12-26-12 10:41 AM
    BB10TH - Um....1) The Note 2 and SGS3 are *not* the same save for screen size. At all. 2) You *do* realize that the BB10 keyboard is licensed by SwiftKey...right??
    Drew808 likes this.
    12-26-12 10:42 AM
    The Note and phablets in general are not really that successful, still just a niche by any standards. In fact the Note is the only one that had any success at all.
    Please define your definition of success? And better yet.. What other phablets do you even have to compare with the Note? The old Dell Streak from 5 years ago? Lol.. There are no other current phablets to compare with. With over 10 million Note 1 sold, and over 5 million Note 2's in 3 months (before they even hit the American market), I'd say they are pretty successful.

Moonbase0ne and Drew808 like this.
    12-26-12 10:42 AM
    Hey, to get the swiftkey keyboard runs with all function and benefit, I need to pay USD 2,3 more? What a F**k since I already spend more than USD 700 for note 2?

Again, what a F**k
    If you can afford to spend $700 outright for a Note 2, then I'm pretty sure you can forego your morning Starbucks run for one day and buy the best keyboard in the biz. I bought mine a couple years ago and was a brilliant purchase. Plus I don't need to worry about activation codes, etc when switching from device to device. SwiftKey goes with me with no hassle. You'll see the power of it in BB10.
    12-26-12 10:45 AM
    I've heard my friend complaining that gmail lags on his LG DROID. I hope this isn't the case for Samsung cause emails are extremely important for me due to work reasons....
    How can you even say that e-mails are extremely important and then go with an Android device? E-mailing is a horrible experience on Android when compared to a BlackBerry. BlackBerry is the best at Native E-mail setup and inbox management, Contact management within e-mail, True back-up and not 'only sync'. Most importantly, fast and fluid. Contact management is a nightmare on Android which in return means communication slowdowns.. E-mailing is a laggy experience on all Androids. BlackBerry handheld + BB Desktop Manager + Windows Live Mail is the best e-mail tool undoubtedly. Afterall it's the sole reason everyone's stuck with a BlackBerry right?
    Wow! If you compare Note2 to SGS3 (everything same on both, except screen size) then it's clear that size does not matter. Please relax.

Notafanboy - read the stuff in bold
    You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Android keyboards have dedicated "settings" keys on their keyboards, not "windows" keys or anything else. Furthermore, Swiftkey is free to use, so they aren't just "taking people's money" like you seem to think.

Please define your definition of success? And better yet.. What other phablets do you even have to compare with the Note? The old Dell Streak from 5 years ago? Lol.. There are no other current phablets to compare with. With over 10 million Note 1 sold, and over 5 million Note 2's in 3 months (before they even hit the American market), I'd say they are pretty successful.

Well, there is the stupid LG Vu...which is a joke and a half.
    12-26-12 10:47 AM
    If you can afford to spend $700 outright for a Note 2, then I'm pretty sure you can forego your morning Starbucks run for one day and buy the best keyboard in the biz. I bought mine a couple years ago and was a brilliant purchase. Plus I don't need to worry about activation codes, etc when switching from device to device. SwiftKey goes with me with no hassle. You'll see the power of it in BB10.
    Why should I let go of my morning coffee after spending $700? Shouldn't I get a free coffee after spending such a high amount? Or maybe it's peanuts for you since you're implying that everyone has enough cash to purchase a $700 phone and then buy $5 keyboard, $5 email app, $5 File manager, $5 calculator, $5 Password lock, $5 browser, $5 Document viewer, $5 weather, ... you see that doesn't make sense.
    12-26-12 10:48 AM
    How can you even say that e-mails are extremely important and then go with an Android device? E-mailing is a horrible experience on Android when compared to a BlackBerry. BlackBerry is the best at Native E-mail setup and inbox management, Contact management within e-mail, True back-up and not 'only sync'. Most importantly, fast and fluid. Contact management is a nightmare on Android which in return means communication slowdowns.. E-mailing is a laggy experience on all Androids. BlackBerry handheld + BB Desktop Manager + Windows Live Mail is the best e-mail tool undoubtedly. Afterall it's the sole reason everyone's stuck with a BlackBerry right?
    So.....you're saying you've never used Android at all for e-mail, correct? Because you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. And if you *have*...well, the user error is strong with this one. I experience absolutely none of the things you're claiming.
    12-26-12 10:48 AM
    Again.. You have no idea what you're talking about. When was the last time you used an android device? 2 years ago? The nonsense you're spouting sounds like rehashed misinformation commonly spread on this forum

12-26-12 10:49 AM
    Why should I let go of my morning coffee after spending $700? Shouldn't I get a free coffee after spending such a high amount? Or maybe it's peanuts for you since you're implying that everyone has enough cash to purchase a $700 phone and then buy $5 keyboard, $5 email app, $5 File manager, $5 calculator, $5 Password lock, $5 browser, $5 Document viewer, $5 weather, ... you see that doesn't make sense.
    $5? Those sound like app world prices to me. Again.. If you don't have any knowledge on the subject.. Please don't bother "contributing" the as all's you're doing is spreading bad information

notfanboy and Moonbase0ne like this.
    12-26-12 10:53 AM
    What does this even mean? It means that when I have a work order email to submit I do not get bubbly type pop-ups, or my boss' messages don't look like they sent to me from playschool. My emails look crisp and clean with only the relevant information. I have a profile that I can setup under my communication which gets distributed to my contacts with all my details organized neatly. I don't have to rely on Whatsapp to communicate globally to my clients since it's unreliable. So I have BBM specific for work where I can coordinate easily with all my networks. The notifications, settings and flow is structured by default adjusting all types of options. In short, I buy a BB and never get into anything that you mentioned in Point 1. Because I'm a working man and I don't have time to search for the best keyboard and put in 100 settings. Really.
    Only addressing the above...

What bubbly pop ups? I get no such thing on my SGIII.
    My messages are displayed with the same look and feel as my desktop
    I use WhatsApp to communicate with friends as a choice and not because I need to. I have not experienced one single outage on Hotmail which is what I use as my personal email so there is no problem with reliability. And before we get high and mighty about reliability, let's not discuss October 2011.
    I'm on BES at work so I use BBM only to communicate brief "start meeting without me" messages. I do not rely on BBM for professional communications. On my personal BB, I have one contact. Given BB's erosion in market share and the droves of people who have left the platform, BBM is only useful for those who remain. Can't use a device specific platform unless there are others with whom to communicate. So that reliability goes out the window since there are so few users beyond my professional setting. On personal BB, one single solitary BBM connected loved one.....
    Those settings he mentioned are *choices* that users can make. Choices that come through the *availability of apps* to be able to *fully customise* a device to a user's liking. *Choice* by its very nature mean that it can be taken or not taken.
    I am a professional woman eight to nine hours a day average. The rest of my day I pursue non professional activities. I am not defined by the "professional woman" label; there is more to me than that. But while we are at it, there are plenty of professionals who are using Android and iOS devices.
    12-26-12 10:56 AM

So if Note 1&2 sold 15 million in total and it's VERY SUCCESSFUL.. then the BlackBerry Curve has sold +60mm .. How would you rate that in success?

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Android keyboards have dedicated "settings" keys on their keyboards, not "windows" keys or anything else. Furthermore, Swiftkey is free to use, so they aren't just "taking people's money" like you seem to think.
    My friend, I was giving an example, A key that is often used with a purpose. Windows key - Frequently used, Command key - frequently used. Settings key on a keyboard? That seems senseless.

And regarding money... You are contributing to SwiftKey. Based on your typing inputs, Swiftkey collects data, trends and keywords which are implemented in the PRO version. Tell me you din't know that?

Well, there is the stupid LG Vu...which is a joke and a half.
    There also will be the Huawei Ascend Mate very soon which is off the wall 100x better than the Note2. There are many more devices in the emerging markets which are competitive to the Note2 series. Just because Note2 is a tad bigger or is locally named 'Phablet' does not mean it's in a market segment of it's own. The SGS3 at 4.8 inches is also a competitor to the Note2 and does some real sales. The Note2 has not even made a mark anywhere. It won't even last another 5 months before production stops on the Note2 like it did with the Note1. So much for success. Short-lived and short-sighted.
    12-26-12 10:56 AM
    $5? Those sound like app world prices to me. Again.. If you don't have any knowledge on the subject.. Please don't bother "contributing" the as all's you're doing is spreading bad information

What he wants to say that we can't get the keyboard if we already spend such lot of money for a smartphone. We shall get it free from manufacturer as complement for purchasing their product. That's all about, that's the key.
    12-26-12 10:57 AM
    So.....you're saying you've never used Android at all for e-mail, correct? Because you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. And if you *have*...well, the user error is strong with this one. I experience absolutely none of the things you're claiming.
    Ofcourse I have. I own a Samsung Tab 2 P3100 and that just got updated to Jelly Bean OS. I have Gmail App installed and also the Native mail app. Both are below satisfaction. Specially me being so tuned to handling Emails in BlackBerry, it is extremely uncomfortable to use Android with regards to email. I have to always fall back on my BB 9810, Bridge or just use Native PlayBook mail.
    12-26-12 11:00 AM
242 ... 34567 ...