I got the 9930 (my fourth BB) after trying the Droid Razor for two weeks and realizing it just wasn't for me. I have had HUGE calendar sync problems ever since. Been on the phone for HOURS with the excellent tech people at Verizon, but the "fixes" we come up with don't stay fixed. My basic problem is that Google Sync seems to believe there is another "client" adding to my one and only calendar. The result is that I get events and appts that come up 50- 60 times! I had 9957 entries in my calendar last time erased the whole calendar from my BB. And this is not the first time I've had to do that. It used to happen with my contact as well, but I seem to be having better luck at the moment.

In any event, I cannot trust my calendar! If I can;t trust my calendar then I should go back to a pencil and paper; the thing is useless to me!

Anyone have any advice? Are there aftermarket apps I could install that would allow me to delete Google Sync and the BB calendar altogether?

I need to resolve this.

Thanks in advance!
    02-19-12 10:55 PM
    I would actually try a wipe and reinstall to the latest firmware. My Google Calendar works perfectly on a 2 year old device. Give that a go and see how it works out for you. Sometimes just a fresh install can take care of so many problems that don't seem like they are related to the OS.
    02-19-12 11:03 PM
    I am still using google sync app but I learned from this forum that BIS has it's own calendar sync for google when you add the gmail account. It's when you edit your email and there is a checkbox to synch contacts, calendar, etc.

Maybe the sync issue is related to that email checkbox because you might have that checked and google sync app also doing it's thing?
    app_Developer likes this.
    02-19-12 11:03 PM
    Just nuke Google Sync. Not needed.
    02-20-12 12:07 AM
    I got the 9930 (my fourth BB) after trying the Droid Razor for two weeks and realizing it just wasn't for me. I have had HUGE calendar sync problems ever since. Been on the phone for HOURS with the excellent tech people at Verizon, but the "fixes" we come up with don't stay fixed. My basic problem is that Google Sync seems to believe there is another "client" adding to my one and only calendar. The result is that I get events and appts that come up 50- 60 times! I had 9957 entries in my calendar last time erased the whole calendar from my BB. And this is not the first time I've had to do that. It used to happen with my contact as well, but I seem to be having better luck at the moment.

In any event, I cannot trust my calendar! If I can;t trust my calendar then I should go back to a pencil and paper; the thing is useless to me!

Anyone have any advice? Are there aftermarket apps I could install that would allow me to delete Google Sync and the BB calendar altogether?

I need to resolve this.

Thanks in advance!
    "I feel your pain." Clinton said that and I can say that. I've only had a 9800 and a 9810. On my 9800, Google sync would sync my contacts, but some would exist multiple times. No calendar sync. Fixed by manually deleting the dupes. Not fun, but necessary. I didn't use it again until I had already installed several versions of OS7.1 and had imported several of my church administration calendars into the one I was trying to sync. This time, everything synced. But I'm not guaranteeing myself it'll work right the next time. So, here are my thoughts:

1) You say you can't trust your calendar, but I'd bet it was fine until using Google's sync tool. What does that tell you?

2) Google says they're no longer supporting Blackberry. In my case, the church I help out at uses Google services for a lot of things: domain email, contacts, calendaring. So, I'm stuck having to reconcile my need for both Google and a Blackberry. Eventually, as Google makes changes and improvements to their system, a sync app that they're no longer updating is likely to eventually either create more problems or just break. Unless you really need Google as a sync option, you might look at Outlook to sync with, or one of the various Blackberry cloud options, or no external sync at all.

Besides the church calendars importing into my personal calendar, I use PocketInformant for both calendar and contacts. It has a unified UI and creates its own database on the phone's sd card. I have it set to sync on each start up. so it'll automatically start with any changes that might have imported into the standard contacts and calendar or send any new changes made in PocketInformant calendar and contacts into the Blackberry calendar and contacts.

I hope something in here helps.
    Last edited by kraski; 02-20-12 at 01:40 AM.
    02-20-12 01:37 AM
    Sometimes just a fresh install can take care of so many problems that don't seem like they are related to the OS.
    I agree with this.
    02-20-12 01:59 AM

I need to resolve this.

Thanks in advance!
    I feel your pain....Count your self lucky, I had 10 times that many duplicate contacts & events lol.

The problem is simply that your Google Sync & BIS are both "syncing" your info. This is what you do.

0) go to google & make a backup of your Google Contacts & Calendar events B4 doing anything, just to be safe.

1) go to Desktop Manager & make a backup.
    2) using DM earase your contacts & calendar events.
    3) using DM restore your contacts & events from a previous backup that was made B4 your problem.
    4) go to your BIS email setup. edit your email under syncronisation, un-check email & contacts (leave deleted items)
    5) save changes

Problem Solved

PS do this ASAP becuase your problem will continue to douplicate it's selfe in a rapidly increasing rate. Have a penny, double it, you get 2 pennys, double it again, 4 pennys, double it 25 more times & you have a Million $$$

Get the point?
    02-20-12 05:14 AM
    I am still using google sync app but I learned from this forum that BIS has it's own calendar sync for google when you add the gmail account. It's when you edit your email and there is a checkbox to synch contacts, calendar, etc.

Maybe the sync issue is related to that email checkbox because you might have that checked and google sync app also doing it's thing?
    This is correct. You should use either the Google Sync app or let BIS do it, but not both. Note that BIS sync isn't instantaneous, especially in the web-to-BB direction. It can take up to four hours for changes made on the web to show up on your phone. It's faster in the other direction.
    02-20-12 07:08 AM
    I've also noted that the BIS sync is enabled by default whenever I do an OS upgrade on my device. I just get online and uncheck the boxes and let Google Sync work faultlessly in the background, syncing multiple calendars.
    02-20-12 08:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD