SOLVED

I've got cases for a passport SE and a Keyone and neither have magnets to shut off the screen.

I've seen several post about adding magnets but cannot find a thin enough one to slip into the cases.

I have thick and powerful magnets that I see can turn off my passport SE when set on top the space bar, and a recent post where a magnet shuts off a keyone and where to place.

I have cases that shut off a PP Orig and a keyone, but have these others cases that I want to convert. The ones I have that do shut off don't even feel like they have a magnet in them, which makes me think they are the thin flexible plastic magnets.

So, help me out here, where could i find a magnet that your have bought yourself on Amazon.com or ebay or another online store.
    Last edited by EndRacism; 01-09-18 at 08:17 PM.
    01-09-18 04:55 PM
    I've got cases for a passport SE and a Keyone and neither have magnets to shut off the screen.

I've seen several post about adding magnets but cannot find a thin enough one to slip into the cases.

I have thick and powerful magnets that I see can turn off my passport SE when set on top the space bar, and a recent post where a magnet shuts off a keyone and where to place.

I have cases that shut off a PP Orig and a keyone, but have these others cases that I want to convert. The ones I have that do shut off don't even feel like they have a magnet in them, which makes me think they are the thin flexible plastic magnets.

So, help me out here, where could i find a magnet that your have bought yourself on Amazon.com or ebay or another online store.
    The thin one I have is about a thick or thin as a credit card. 1/2 inch in diameter. I purchased a variety of small and thin magnets when I was trying to do what you want - add it to an existing case, where a credit card might fit. Found it someone on the web and it might have been NOT Amazon - just some magnet shop. Some were so small, maybe a 1/16 inch that when I opened the package I thought it was a cylinder since they were all stuck together in a column.

The one I posted in the KeyOne photo is the one I test with but used its equal in a case or two with prior BB's. Funny, the other day I was using it to find wall board screws and found to my amazement that the dark granite on my bathroom sink attracts magnets! Looked that up on the Web and sure enough - yes, granite can have enough iron in it to attract magnets. (sorry for the diversion - it still happens. Years ago it was the dictionary or encyclopedia and now the web....)
    01-09-18 06:33 PM
    01-09-18 08:16 PM
    Plastic magnets, what will they think of next?

Posted via IE
    01-10-18 07:36 AM