Where in my comment did I mention Microsoft? Or Apple products? Try staying on topic next time.
    You didn't, that's why you were wrong and I was correcting you.

Google bought Motorola to fend off Microsoft from suing Android manufacturers for royalties on patents Microsoft had. Look it up. In the end, many settled on licensing those patents, and its referred as the Microsoft tax.

Next time, be right about what you're saying.

Edit: it seems Apple was lawsuit crazy over phone design, but I mostly see Microsoft signing Android licensing deals. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smartphone_patent_wars
    Last edited by BCITMike; 01-11-16 at 06:18 AM.
    01-11-16 06:02 AM
    Really? How do your groceries get to the store. Seen any solar powered jets to take us on holiday. It's all our problem not just theirs....just saying

Posted via CB10
    They are coming...
    Elon is probably working on this right now... ;-D

Trucks and transportation will still need gasoline / diesel (fossil fuels) for a while (food miles and distribution are also a topic - local farmers send produce to state capital 1700kms away, and truck it back to the supermarkets here, that's Queensland!). Individual transport is a different story. GM's fabulous little electric car was trashed. Most likely for the reasons I stated in earlier post. Sad.

(and I guess we're going off topic here...)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    01-11-16 06:20 PM
    Bb10 was 2 years late and unpolished upon it's release. Took until 10.2.1 to be decent.

That said I feel like it had to happen. Legacy BlackBerry's were already 8 years old upon release of the iphone.

Better marketing and better default settings may have helped. BlackBerry's default settings still suck. Only skilled people know why BlackBerry is superior at performing critical tasks (they aren't consumers).

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 08:26 PM
    Sitting on their *** when ios and android started taking over the smartphone market back in 2010. It was a premium device, and had they played their cards right they would of been up there with ios and android. Not sure why management never made moves at the time.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-16 07:15 PM
    Bb10 was 2 years late and unpolished upon it's release. Took until 10.2.1 to be decent.
    Which is why they should have taken a page from Apples introduction of the iPhone. Namely, focusing on making the Android runtime environment fit seamlessly with Flow and properly integrate with BPS. Apple offered only web technologies at introduction. Blackberry had the advantage of the existence of AOSP and Web technologies. It would have bought them time to perfect the native SDK by using it internally to deliver BB10 functionality.
    01-12-16 10:48 PM
155 ... 567