This is not one of those cheerleading threads.

As RIM is transitioning from BlackBerry os to QNX, it might be easy for them to miss out features or behaviours of the BlackBerry that people love.

I wonder what do you guys see in BlackBerry?

For me, I like the fast input - I can type, on the go, without staring down at the keypad. The keypad design is still superb (HTC Desire Z / Moto Droid keyboards suck), and the autotext allows me to customize acronyms and such.

I wouldn't say the BBM app itself per se, but the ability to see whether your msg is delivered to your friends, that's great.

BlackBerry is still one of the smartphones with good battery life around - though part of it could be that there aren't enough apps / features to stress it.

What's your take?
    07-14-11 07:50 PM
    I like the physical keyboard. I haven't used a touch-screen BlackBerry, so I can't comment on those. I also like the way a BlackBerry on BES seamlessly integrates with Outlook on a PC.
    07-14-11 07:59 PM
    On my 9700 I love...

The keyboard, the volume on the speaker for radio/music, the battery life, the UI, the notifications system, the phone quality and clarity, the web on OS 6, the fast email, the actual look of the phone, the size/weight, the stability, the travel and traffic apps, social feeds, the speed and universal search integrated in each menu.

I want to say that some of these things I like I also want to be better but I do like them now. There is tons of room for improvement in many areas. I am psyched for the processor increase and more RAM. But I do love most of what my 9700 does and how it looks while it does it.
    07-14-11 08:07 PM
    Outstanding communication tool which is of the utmost importance to me. The speed and accuracy that I am able to respond to email, SMS, bbm, etc is what keeps me from jumping ship. Plus, I have a storm 2 and the battery life is terrific... the response of the sure press keyboard is the same as the day I bought it 1 1/2 years ago and I can type and do anything as fast as I could on any other device I have owned to date.

I just hope they continue to improve and get better without losing what has made them great. If they can, I'll be using blackberry until the end.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-11 09:19 PM
    what you are looking for really is what makes a blackberry a blackberry.its instant push email service,physical keyboard,notification led light,decent battery life,bbm,etc.for me i don't necessarily love all the features but bb has served me well.but since im up for upgrade,iphone is in the mix with bb for my next smartphone.
    07-14-11 09:32 PM
    Messaging capabilities. Nothing can compare to it overall. The email text bbm social network. Hands down the best.

07-14-11 09:37 PM
    The Keyboard and the nice Media Functions
    07-15-11 01:33 AM
    Keyboard, bbm, & battery life

07-15-11 01:57 AM
    Keyboard, BBM, battery life, and the durability on my old 9700. I'm expecting the same qualities in the upcoming 9900.
    07-15-11 01:57 AM
    Everyone mentned Messaging - what part of it really kept you with BlackBerry? On first glance, compared to the HTC Vision, it isn't all that different than their gmail apps.

But I agree, the physical keyboard rules, and the shortcuts, which RIM didn't do a good job promoting, actually makes a lot of things a lot faster and easier.

I'm surprised that browsing made the list - I'll be honest, if I'm reading lots of sites, I would prefer the android / playbook over the BlackBerry. Is this a case of the improvement over BlackBerry 5? I would like to see the browser to be faster; it renders better, but it is slow.

I'm more surprised by the lack of more subtle things that I might put on the list: the holster sensor that prevents accidental dialing + instant locking. Or auto-on/off that is alarm sensitive. Both features aren't default in other phones. Is this another case where RIM had a feature that they failed to promote?

As to the LED, I'm gonna need you guys' help. I know the red is incoming, blue is bluetooth, and yellow is low battery. Are there any built-in customization?
    07-27-11 12:44 AM
    I've always thought that the LED notification light was awesome and insanely useful, granted I have only ever used a BlackBerry for 28 days of my life.
    07-27-11 01:38 AM
    Keyboard and battery life among others. I was stuck in an airport the other day. Flight delayed 5 hours. As I walked from gate to gate (there was some confusion about which gate our flight was at), I was able to easily BBM to my finance *as I walked and without looking at the keyboard*. Really had to in order to do that since the airport concourse was crowded with delayed travelers. Last thing I wanted to do was tick people off by being one of those "walking dead texters" that meanders into peoples' paths as I type and look down, lol. They were not in the mood for that I am sure. I was surprised at how well I could type and not look. Had not really needed to before that.

Another thing was all the people I was traveling with had Android phones. They ran for the AC outlets once we de-planed for the delay. I just in general notice when I am with friends that have Android phones they are constantly looking for juice when I am not.

And I just like the feel of a BB in the hand -- has some heft, feels solid. You can drop the thing, over and over.
    07-27-11 02:15 AM
    Notification Light
    BBM
    Physical Keyboard
    Battery Life
    Themes
    07-27-11 07:12 AM
    On my Storm2, the fact that it WORKS and I've had the BB since February and I haven't had to replace it because it quit working (Hello Curve!)

I also love the v-keyboard, push emails, BerryWeather, the ease of adding apps and NOT having to use iTunes, the ease of backing it up with one click and restoring if need be, the battery life is awesome and of course, BBM.
    07-27-11 09:14 AM
    NOT having to use iTunes
    That is all thats needed
    moiselles likes this.
    07-27-11 09:29 AM
    Fast global search on my 9780, ability to easily make calls (fast dialing ability and fast contact lookup), quick calendar access and Garmin GPS app. I will miss those things when I move to iPhone. It might have something like these or better, I just don't know.
    07-27-11 10:27 AM
    Battery life.

07-27-11 06:21 PM
    Keyboard and messaging supremacy.
    07-27-11 06:44 PM
    - keyboard.
    - BBM.
    - design.
    - what it stands for.
    07-27-11 07:57 PM
    #1 - True multitasking, solid OS that you can count on (read: less flaky than Android).
    #2 - Having recently upgraded from Storm w/5.0 to Bold 9650 with OS6 I'm still finding great new improvements!
    #3 - Keyboard shortcuts
    #4 - Trackpad and keyboard combo make text-intensive tasks a breeze, way better than on virtual keyboards from the other guys

Basically, the BB was designed to "get stuff done", and still fills that role perfectly today, and is about to make a nice leap forward really soon!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    07-27-11 08:32 PM
    - Physical Keyboard
    - LED Notifications
    - Easy ability to multi-task between various apps
    - Word Substitution (OMG, probably one of my favorite things about BlackBerry)
    - Love the BlackBerry OS
    - Battery life
    - Very customizable

I truly like everything about BlackBerry. I will never switch to another device. I'm in the BlackBerry family for life.
    ibigberries likes this.
    07-28-11 09:26 AM
    On my Storm2, the fact that it WORKS and I've had the BB since February and I haven't had to replace it because it quit working (Hello Curve!)

I also love the v-keyboard, push emails, BerryWeather, the ease of adding apps and NOT having to use iTunes, the ease of backing it up with one click and restoring if need be, the battery life is awesome and of course, BBM.
    For one click backup and restore, I guess that'd be blackberry protect?

08-02-11 08:32 PM
    Fast global search on my 9780, ability to easily make calls (fast dialing ability and fast contact lookup), quick calendar access and Garmin GPS app. I will miss those things when I move to iPhone. It might have something like these or better, I just don't know.
    Out of curiosity, how big is your contact list?

08-02-11 08:34 PM
    keyboard, battery, status light, speed- no lag when i push a button. and its just plain easy to use. I love the set up, screens amd icons etc
    08-02-11 09:20 PM
    For me:

The functionality of the OS
    Notification light

08-02-11 09:28 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD