man, I'm young and I thought the rocking chair example was pretty dope. It shows how the phone can take inputs from REAL LIFE things to create actions within the phone. SO much more important than making a background parallax...
    09-27-13 12:18 AM
    TAT aka RIM Sweden is working on 10.3

CB10 on Verizon Z10
    09-27-13 12:28 AM
    It's so sad!! All those demo videos are from 3-4 years ago and they look spectacular!! Gimmick or not, it's new, it's different, and it shows a level of innovation that BlackBerry so desperately needs!! But none of this other than the home screen page wake up gesture is used in BlackBerry 10 on my Q10. All I can say is, Could you F***ing imagine what iOS7 would look like if Apple bought TAT instead of BlackBerry?? What a waste!! Please Somebody, do something to get this type of UI onto BlackBerry 10!!

Cheers!!
    09-27-13 12:28 AM
    What is tat twitter account, @tatmobileui is not active. One van ask @gehr?(bbm founder)

I am Zeeing things. There I Zed it.
    09-27-13 01:54 AM
    It's so sad!! All those demo videos are from 3-4 years ago and they look spectacular!! Gimmick or not, it's new, it's different, and it shows a level of innovation that BlackBerry so desperately needs!! But none of this other than the home screen page wake up gesture is used in BlackBerry 10 on my Q10. All I can say is, Could you F***ing imagine what iOS7 would look like if Apple bought TAT instead of BlackBerry?? What a waste!! Please Somebody, do something to get this type of UI onto BlackBerry 10!!

Cheers!!
    BB even can't release Scrapbook for BB 10 which is the only demo developed by TAT and released as complete app for PlayBook. What a mess...
    09-27-13 02:48 AM
    Are you freaking kidding me? That's what TAT has been working on? Insane waste of time and talent!

Posted via CB10
    richardat likes this.
    09-27-13 03:08 AM

Cheers!!
    TAT has done work for iOS before BlackBerry bought them.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 03:09 AM
    TAT is an awesome set of talented people. I feel like they should add more of their wow factor in BlackBerry 10 through exclusive apps and features. I love everything they do!

09-27-13 03:18 AM
    man, I'm young and I thought the rocking chair example was pretty dope. It shows how the phone can take inputs from REAL LIFE things to create actions within the phone. SO much more important than making a background parallax...
    So you think the rocking chair was a big step up from 3-4 years ago when they were designing the videos I posted. Technology expotenially grows every year. Smartphones is a good example of that.
    Almost every smartphone has a altimeter and motion detection. iPhone 5 just got a motion-process chip which is geared towards fitness apps but essentially they could do the same thing.
    For me I just can't picture what the rocking chair demo helping out developers or in a real life situation. Call me narrow minded but enlighten me.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 07:15 AM
    TAT aka RIM Sweden is working on 10.3

CB10 on Verizon Z10
    I keep on hearing this and it is making me excited. But didn't they work on all the passed OS or just the UI? Do you have any proof?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 07:16 AM
    Didn't some people from TAT leave since BBRY bought them?
    09-27-13 07:40 AM
    They're "up" for sale, after doing nothing.
    09-27-13 07:41 AM
    Didn't some people from TAT leave since BBRY bought them?
    The TAT founder left, possibly some other people below him too.
    09-27-13 07:44 AM
    wow that was the stupidest thing that i've ever seen
    It wasn't revolutionary, it wasn't cool....and it wasn't' even funny. To be honest, that's the kind of thing I'd expect to come out of some very bright and industrious high-schoolers to win the science fair.
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    09-27-13 08:43 AM
    To add to all of this. Even if TAT Launches parralax on bb10 it's too late to affect anything. iOS 7 now has the same function and if bb10 gets it in 6 months people will say they are just copying the iPhone. No winning on that front.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 11:52 AM
    To add to all of this. Even if TAT Launches parralax on bb10 it's too late to affect anything. iOS 7 now has the same function and if bb10 gets it in 6 months people will say they are just copying the iPhone. No winning on that front.

Posted via CB10
    It's because of all the CEOs / management of BlackBerry are dinosaurs. They need to bring in someone new with fresh ideas. Thor can do the enterprise **** and the new guys could just get a say in what creative ideas tat makes like cinnamon toast, parallax, live wallpapers, customization etc. BB10.2 is a good base but they need to expand greatly.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 12:09 PM
    They really need to stop being so closed off and hindering themselves from consumer thought. They need to go to some silicon valley restaurant or coffee shop and pick up a kid with fresh thinking and forward ideas. Get a group of kids together and call it berries brainstorming or something.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 12:24 PM
    I heard TAT has been working on 10.3 for some time now creating the "killer applications" like the concepts we saw at CES a couple years back(enterprise confetti app) and also changing aspects of the UI, as well as working on the new version of cascades to be released with QNX 11 and also they might be working on the UI of the next version of QNX Car.
    I hope you heard correctly. Would love for that to be the case.
    09-28-13 01:18 AM
    From TAT founder:

@Kojita_ I left a year ago to found a new company. I know that quite a bit of the design them left to start TOPP ? Designing New Experiences .
    09-28-13 01:16 PM
    So it seems most of the design team left, I hope there enough left to have the TAT awesomeness. We need them all over the OS and not limited to clock, calculator, screen lock, phone book, sotry maker, print to go... every single bit of native BB apps should have the TAT stamp!
    Blackberry_Boss likes this.
    09-28-13 01:17 PM
    So I am trying to track back people involved in BB10 design , check my twitter profile and see the latest person I follow!

Martin Chakirov ‏ @KoxBax
    Interaction Designer @BlackBerry with a passion for fast cars
    User Actions
    Following
    antonboman ‏ @antonboman
    Idea-driven designer with over five years of professional experience. Hyper Island graduate. Co-creator of the new UX for Blackberry10. Co-founder at TOPP
    User Actions
    Following
    Philip Robertson ‏ @fillrobertson
    UX Design intern at BlackBerry Sweden. Industrial designer when the mood strikes. Tweets are often mispelled and my own.
    User Actions
    Following
    Ludvig Linge ‏ @ludviglinge
    entrepreneur and angel investor, co-founded TAT (@TATmobileUI), enjoys good design and people with ideas that can make a difference, spare-time musician
    User Actions
    Following
    Daniel Johansson ‏ @kalasdanne
    Mobile user experience designer. Co-creator of the first version of Android and the new UX for Blackberry 10. Also known as Searchback on Spotify and iTunes.
    User Actions
    Following
    Roger ‏ @rgrrmr
    Co-Founder & Designer at @TOPPDesign in Malm�. Enjoying products, people, places, food, drinks and life.
    User Actions
    Following
    Paul Blomdahl ‏ @paulblomdahl
    Founder of TAT (@TATMobileUI) and BW Entertainment. -- Writer.
    User Actions
    Following
    Oscar Olivestedt ‏ @mullikokko
    Re-arranging & creating pixels.
    User Actions
    Following
    Staffan Lincoln ‏ @stlin_tat
    Interaction Designer and father of three
    User Actions
    Following
    Elena Laskavaia ‏ @elaskavaia
    I am team lead for SDK/tools team at Qnx/RIM. I am also lead of codan component (static analysis) in Eclipse/CDT project
    User Actions
    Following
    Peter Greberg ‏ @TATtour
    User Actions
    Following
    KarlAnders Johansson ‏ @kajoh
    Co-founder of TAT. Now employee at RIM.
    User Actions
    Following
    Jonas Knutsson ‏ @knutsson_j
    I work at BlackBerry, but I tweet my own opinions.
    09-28-13 01:37 PM

Anyone remember this? :'(

Posted via CB10
    Korepab likes this.
    09-28-13 01:44 PM
    TAT still has a great and innovative team,but not properly utilized by blackberry at all
    09-28-13 01:55 PM
    To be fair, I think TAT's design team was good. As part of BlackBerry, though, TAT were asked to do things they had never actually done before. You also have the issue that a few key members of the team left as soon as they could basically.

So BlackBerry bought a kernel team and a front end design team and expected to get a great OS out of that mix. That's a bit like buying a cake pan and some icing, sticking them in the oven and wondering why a black forest cake didn't pop out.
    FSeverino likes this.
    09-28-13 02:08 PM
    Honestly I think it is difficult to judge. However I wish there were more of the original TAT stuff implemented already.

09-28-13 02:29 PM
65 123