So does anybody have any info on what TAT is working on.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 04:14 PM
    Pong and rocking chairs

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 04:15 PM
    They were at the BB jam Asia keynote. Nothing impressive unfortunately.
    09-26-13 04:15 PM
    Their resumes
    09-26-13 04:39 PM
    Siiiiiiigh.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 04:51 PM
    How many are there in the TAT team?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 04:57 PM
    I've always wondered that. Everything innovative TAT does doesn't get implemented like parallax, cinnamon toast etc..

The problem with all the top dogs/ceos in blackberry is that they are not innovative and are afraid to jump outside the box. Theirs comments are "it's too gimmicky". I love blackberry but they just don't get what the consumers want. Just give the consumers the option to switch it off if it's too gimmicky. They need someone young but that will never happen sadly.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-26-13 05:05 PM
    They were at the BB jam Asia keynote. Nothing impressive unfortunately.
    What did they even show?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 05:09 PM
    What did they even show?

Posted via CB10
    http://devblog.blackberry.com/2013/0...ep-on-rocking/

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 05:14 PM
    Look at the link and I must say....

I get what the rocking chairs are suppose to convey in context to the talk. But in another sense it also gives me the image of Blackberry being old fogies on their colored rocking chairs just puttering along. Picture says a thousand words and to some that's the real truth/point of the picture.

Not the message you want to convey in any case.
    09-26-13 05:21 PM
    Dead man rocking
    09-26-13 05:30 PM
    It's sad to compare this with the very cool TAT demos two years ago. It seems like they're regressing, like having a dementia induced by the mismanagement at BlackBerry.
    09-26-13 06:02 PM
    #LetTATLoose
    h20work and eldricho like this.
    09-26-13 06:04 PM
    BlackBerry has TAT under wraps, but they should have them working on some so-called gimmicks. I like gimmicks. I may only use said gimmick one time, but that one time will be marvelous.
    kbz1960 and h20work like this.
    09-26-13 06:06 PM
    So does anybody have any info on what TAT is working on.
    Better be MOFO Cinnamon Toast!
    Blackberry_Boss likes this.
    09-26-13 06:14 PM
    BlackBerry has TAT under wraps, but they should have them working on some so-called gimmicks. I like gimmicks. I may only use said gimmick one time, but that one time will be marvelous.
    Bbry tasked them with creating the developer tools instead of creating the wow factor. Cascades is great, but they missed a big opportunity here.

If bbry does fold,i hope tat gets picked up by someone that will let them do what they do best.
    09-26-13 06:15 PM
    Yeah - plz stop with the TAT demos. We have seen enough of those (beginning from PB era). Let them produce real stuff that we can use.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-26-13 06:49 PM
    watching clips of the swedish chef on youtube
    09-26-13 07:28 PM
    Their resumes
    Ahahhhaahhahaha

Posted on my Q10.......while on the can
    09-26-13 07:52 PM
    Yeah - plz stop with the TAT demos. We have seen enough of those (beginning from PB era). Let them produce real stuff that we can use.
    BlackBerry bought a team that was known for making a lot of interesting demos.

What we got was a lot of interesting demos.
    09-26-13 08:04 PM
    wow that was the stupidest thing that i've ever seen
    richardat likes this.
    09-26-13 10:39 PM
    I heard TAT has been working on 10.3 for some time now creating the "killer applications" like the concepts we saw at CES a couple years back(enterprise confetti app) and also changing aspects of the UI, as well as working on the new version of cascades to be released with QNX 11 and also they might be working on the UI of the next version of QNX Car.
    09-26-13 10:48 PM
    BlackBerry bought a team that was known for making a lot of interesting demos.

What we got was a lot of interesting demos.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/newrepl...eply&p=9244225

They were also a team that helped to create Android the world's most popular mobile operating system today!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-26-13 10:49 PM
    What blackberry really needs from the previous TAT. Since they are too "gimmicky" which obviously they are for business but for consumers they are perfect. Just have an option to turn them off.

Live wallpapers: maybe not those ones but it should at least be a damn API
    Change my lists from 2D to 3D:
    2D-3D Map: android and iOS have this already.
    Velvet: I don't know how you'd implement this with out making BB10 look like a circus but use it for soemthing

Hopefully they have this type of thing going from BB to QNX Car Syetms this too

It's nice that we have the clock at 2:00 but wheres all the other innovations?

Android first gets in then even iOS7 brings it but not for blackberry? Parallax makes everything look so nice and futuristic
    09-26-13 11:05 PM
    What blackberry really needs from the previous TAT. Since they are too "gimmicky" which obviously they are for business but for consumers they are perfect. Just have an option to turn them off.

Live wallpapers: maybe not those ones but it should at least be a damn API
    Change my lists from 2D to 3D:
    2D-3D Map: android and iOS have this already.
    Velvet: I don't know how you'd implement this with out making BB10 look like a circus but use it for soemthing

Hopefully they have this type of thing going from BB to QNX Car Syetms this too

It's nice that we have the clock at 2:00 but wheres all the other innovations?

Android first gets in then even iOS7 brings it but not for blackberry? Parallax makes everything look so nice and futuristic
    I would argue against TAT bei g gimmick until I die. Some of the demos show concepts that can increase productivity and make collaboration so much more fluid, those are two of the main things any business looks at. Designing a great ui that saves seconds per action when thousands of actions are performed each day by each employee can save a company billions over time.

The issue with TAT, in my opinion, is that they pushed so hard because they wanted to be seen and heard, when BlackBerry bought them they were guaranteed money... and everyone is susceptible to laziness. if the environment at BlackBerry is anything like what everyone says it is then there is no incentive for TAT to push themselves, especially when everyone around them seens to be taking the easy road.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 11:46 PM
65 123