I am currently AT&T user and want to buy a Blackberry device(ex. Curve) for accessing internet and company email(Outlook base.) What kind of data plan I need to have? for how much?

I know unlimited data plan is cheaper than the Blackberry Enterprise data service. The question is that can I just use normal data plan if I have a Blackberry device?

I surfed on CB but it seems there are different answers regarding this. Please advise. Thanks!
    03-17-08 08:14 AM
    I would have to recommend the unlimited BB data plan at $29.99/mo.
    03-17-08 08:15 AM
    I have the unlimited for both my berries. Well, technically, the red one belongs my wife.
    03-17-08 08:30 AM
    Yes, the unlimited plan at $30/month. I use my BB for work & play & the unlimited plan is perfect!
    03-17-08 09:04 AM
    You want the BIS plan if you plan to forward your emails from work vs your company having an Enterprise server.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-08 09:45 AM
    Another vote for the unlimited data plan for BIS. That's assuming, of course, your company doesn't mandate the use of BES.
    03-17-08 09:54 AM
    Unlimited data plan all the way! Congrats on your upcoming wise decision.
    03-17-08 10:07 AM
    Thanks everyone. Here is a follow-up question.

My company gives Blackberry to senior management people and MIS said it's using Blackberry server. However, to pay service fee by myself, I really don't want to pay $45 for enterprise package. Since my company can set up personal computers to access email(using Outlook) so I am thinking if it's applicable to Blackberry handheld device. I would assume it's workable. And I don't need email to be pushed to my device, I don't mind accessing email regularly.
    03-18-08 08:46 PM
    You can use a normal data plan(BIS) if you do not need to connect to a corporate email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-08 08:54 PM
    but the purpose to get a BB is to access company email tho...
    03-18-08 09:44 PM
    If you have Outlook Web Access, you can have your email on your device through BIS. I use BIS and am in the same situation with upper management using BES. I use my OWA to get my emails with no problems at all.

On your questions in the first post, you must have a bb data plan to access data with your bb.
    03-18-08 09:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD