I have a symbol that I cannot identify that is at the upper part of my screen. It is round, yellow/gold and has gridmarks that sort of look like longitude and lattitude lines. There is the number 1 in front of it. What is this?
    10-28-09 11:13 PM
    I think youre talking about a browser notification.
    10-28-09 11:18 PM
    Thank you!

What do I do to get rid of the symbol? And what is a browser notification?
    10-28-09 11:20 PM
    Im not a noob or anything but i have never heard of a browser notification, what would cause the browser to notify you of anything?
    10-28-09 11:20 PM
    If you attempt to go to a webpage and can't get there - bad signal or similar, it will sometimes ask if you want to "save" the request. I believe that when the signal reactivates, it will engage that symbol.
    10-28-09 11:29 PM
    Browser notifications occur when you sign up for some type of alert, usually an automated or "push" alert, that is distributed through the browser. Try going to Messages > View Folder > Browser Messages. Some alerts also can be found by going Bookmarks in your browser and scrolling to Browser Channels.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 12:00 AM
    Thanks J...view folder, browser folder did the trick. I guess there was a web page I tried to go to and for whatever reasons, I could not get to the page. It must have saved this page. When I clicked on browser folder, the page loaded and the symbol is gone. I appreciate the help!
    10-29-09 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD