View Poll Results: What Launch announcement suprise would you most prefer?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Better than expected hardware specs for phone

21 19.44%
  • Some new revolutionary software feature

41 37.96%
  • New tablet revealed

2 1.85%
  • Os10 for playbook available at phone release

12 11.11%
  • N series will be released at same time as L series

6 5.56%
  • L series will be released within a week of launch

17 15.74%
  • Other

8 7.41%
  • Don't care

1 0.93%
    What? I don't want any surprises at lunch! oh wait... launch. Stupid tummy keeps thinkin of food. Oh ok then. Let's see, I want BB10 on my PB at or before launch to make my friends ipads look old and outdated. I would prefer that it works well and there are no major fixes needed after launch. This will all be good for the public opinion on RIM. As for goodies, I'm sure we will like whatever surprises RIM has to offer. Whether it's a popular app or increased functionality or whatever, I'm sure we BB fans will love BB10. Especially if all you know of BB is OS5, 6 or 7.
    12-10-12 12:24 PM
    What? I don't want any surprises at lunch! oh wait... launch. Stupid tummy keeps thinkin of food. Oh ok then. Let's see, I want BB10 on my PB at or before launch to make my friends ipads look old and outdated. I would prefer that it works well and there are no major fixes needed after launch. This will all be good for the public opinion on RIM. As for goodies, I'm sure we will like whatever surprises RIM has to offer. Whether it's a popular app or increased functionality or whatever, I'm sure we BB fans will love BB10. Especially if all you know of BB is OS5, 6 or 7.
    I know bb8
    12-10-12 12:26 PM
    I'd love to see Catherine Zeta Jones at my table at lunch! Oh wait! You said at LAUNCH!! Sorry .....hahahahahaha!
    12-10-12 01:13 PM
    I want all of these options except the dont care one
    12-10-12 01:20 PM
    A BB phone that can boot up in 25 seconds or less like my 3 year old Moto phone.
    12-10-12 01:53 PM
    A BB phone that can boot up in 25 seconds or less like my 3 year old Moto phone.
    Should be very possible with the expected hardware and optimizations. iPhone is *nix based, just like QNX and boots up in under 25 secs.

I'm also hopeful that BB10 won't require daily battery pulls either though.
    12-10-12 02:35 PM
    To have FedEx drop off a new BB10 Nevada to me, sent from RIM because of all the love I've shown them (er, don't mention the times I've been critical)
    12-10-12 02:55 PM
    I'd love to see Catherine Zeta Jones at my table at lunch! Oh wait! You said at LAUNCH!! Sorry .....hahahahahaha!
    Yea that would be a nice surprise at lunch. You're hilarious.
    12-10-12 03:04 PM
    I voted for some new software.

I am with BB long enough to remember when the last BB launch set the bar that others aspired to. I would love to see that again. I would consider that a wonderful surprise if the day after launch the headlines read "You have to see this new BlackBerry phone right now!"
    12-10-12 06:23 PM
    Other.

I'd like to see a Swype-style alternate virtual keyboard.
    Or would that count as revolutionary software?
    kraski likes this.
    12-10-12 08:32 PM
    Other.

I'd like to see a Swype-style alternate virtual keyboard.
    Or would that count as revolutionary software?
    And i know you want those navigation arrows too. I guess thats a software vote
    12-11-12 08:29 AM
    Based on the results right now it appears most would be happy with dev b specs, a great launch with some unexpected software features revealed, and it all comes out by february 7!!!!
    12-11-12 08:31 AM
    I would like to see a few knock-your-socks-off features that other phone has right now. Google has Best Face to compete with Time Shift.
    Themes return for BB10.
    A decent number of accessories available at launch (holsters, cases, screen protectors, HDMI Docking stations etc.). RIM isn't just building a new phone they are starting a New Ecosystem so they much have the gear to compliment the device.

And to go out, way out on a limb, I would like a Bluetooth BB watch that will beam messages and email headers straight to my wrist. It doesn’t need a touch screen, but I would like a micro USB connection and water proof to 30 feet. I know it’s a little crazy but if Shaleem can wish for Catherine Zeta Jones for lunch then I am not that far out of the box.
    12-11-12 09:15 AM
    Wireless charging!
    12-11-12 10:02 AM
    I agree with what people have mentioned so far. I think something revolutionary and right out of left field like an unforseen ability to interact with embedded systems built in. I think at this point it is universally agreed that it MUST have the major popular apps at launch to even get a shot at selling the rest of itself. That may seem superficial and will drive us fans (who know what QNX is all about) nuts but that is the reality of the market. One other thing though, BlackBerry Balance is, im my opinion, revolutionary and should be given the attention it deserves during this (hopefully) flawless launch.
    12-11-12 12:56 PM
    1) A great battery, I'd say 2700 mAh would be perfect.
    2) Some new software that blows competitors out of the water by utilizing their blue tooth 4.0 and NFC capability! *cough* samsung *cough*
    12-11-12 02:49 PM
    1) A great battery, I'd say 2700 mAh would be perfect.
    2) Some new software that blows competitors out of the water by utilizing their blue tooth 4.0 and NFC capability! *cough* samsung *cough*
    I think its pretty much final that its 1800...but then again this thread is about suprises
    12-11-12 03:16 PM
    1800 really ? Dang a little on the low side , but at least better than 4S which is about 1400 - 1600
    12-11-12 04:09 PM
    has to be better hardware specs for me... if specs were better than expected, my phone will be able to support the latest bb10 software updates throughout what is likely going to be a 24 month contract... it be nice knowing id have the latest version of the software throughout the whole time and not finish the contract with an outdated handset
    12-11-12 04:16 PM
    has to be better hardware specs for me... if specs were better than expected, my phone will be able to support the latest bb10 software updates throughout what is likely going to be a 24 month contract... it be nice knowing id have the latest version of the software throughout the whole time and not finish the contract with an outdated handset
    Thats what i voted for. I just hope it looks good on paper spec wise for those on the fence deciding. You dont get to see the victor of an experience race by trying it in the store.
    12-11-12 04:20 PM
    Hardware specs have made a comeback and it is starting to pull away from a quick launch
    12-11-12 04:21 PM
    I don't know if you guys saw , RIM plans on sending out software updates every few months for the bb10, some what same concept as iPhone updates 4.0 , 4.1 etc. so I guess if hardware is pretty top notch it'll be able to handle those updates well!
    12-11-12 04:24 PM
    I don't know if you guys saw , RIM plans on sending out software updates every few months for the bb10, some what same concept as iPhone updates 4.0 , 4.1 etc. so I guess if hardware is pretty top notch it'll be able to handle those updates well!
    As opposed to what. We get periodic updates right now
    12-11-12 04:29 PM
    I think its pretty much final that its 1800...but then again this thread is about suprises
    How many hours of usage is 1800 going to be *roughly* equivalent to? I hope 15+ with wifi on, lots of emailing through out, 3g on?
    12-11-12 04:29 PM
    I should have been more specific , I think what the article meant was , just one solid update every planned period , not just updates for bug fixes and such - if that makes sense .
    12-11-12 04:30 PM
52 123