View Poll Results: What Launch announcement suprise would you most prefer?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Better than expected hardware specs for phone

21 19.44%
  • Some new revolutionary software feature

41 37.96%
  • New tablet revealed

2 1.85%
  • Os10 for playbook available at phone release

12 11.11%
  • N series will be released at same time as L series

6 5.56%
  • L series will be released within a week of launch

17 15.74%
  • Other

8 7.41%
  • Don't care

1 0.93%
    If you had to chose one suprise for launch, which would you most prefer to happen?
    12-09-12 02:12 PM
    Would love to see the L series launched within 2 weeks.
    #BB10BELIEVE
    ctuffy and Stewartj1 like this.
    12-09-12 03:28 PM
    I know its not likely but I'd love to see a whole portfolio of mobile phones and tablets announced. I just think it would led weight and scale to the whole launch of BB10, as in "Over the long term these are the BlackBerry products for mobile computing and they will continue to get more powerful and ubiquitous. Look for them to be available 1st, L (Touch) series, quickly followed by qwerty N series and gen2 Playbooks of 7 and 10 inch sizes" (quotes are mine) Make sure the portfolio works together to add value for businesses and have consumer apps available and market then the snot out of it to businesses with a sales force that builds relationships with people who make decisions in those businesses re:IT and then make targeted consumer ads to increase general visibility and product awareness.
    12-09-12 04:07 PM
    I guess I'd like to see specs increased over what we expect. I see a lot of concern that the A series may come out within 6 months with great specs. Would be nice if the rumored A series specs were in the L series.

Hey I can dream. :-)
    12-09-12 04:26 PM
    OS 10 for Playbook. I'm not planning on buying a BB10 phone right away, so that's the only one that appeals to me.
    12-09-12 04:32 PM
    I know its not likely but I'd love to see a whole portfolio of mobile phones and tablets announced. I just think it would led weight and scale to the whole launch of BB10, as in "Over the long term these are the BlackBerry products for mobile computing and they will continue to get more powerful and ubiquitous. Look for them to be available 1st, L (Touch) series, quickly followed by qwerty N series and gen2 Playbooks of 7 and 10 inch sizes" (quotes are mine) Make sure the portfolio works together to add value for businesses and have consumer apps available and market then the snot out of it to businesses with a sales force that builds relationships with people who make decisions in those businesses re:IT and then make targeted consumer ads to increase general visibility and product awareness.
    No no no no no. Then they would all be on the same refresh cycle and rim cant concentrate on one thing at a time
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    12-09-12 04:37 PM
    Near perfect execution.
    It would be a refreshing surprise.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    12-09-12 04:44 PM
    Some native services that will he attached to Blackberry. Something like cloud storage etc.
    12-09-12 04:55 PM
    I voted for L series will be released within a week of launch, but I really wanted to vote for "all of the above" except "don't care". Why is that even in the list?
    12-09-12 05:23 PM
    No no no no no. Then they would all be on the same refresh cycle and rim cant concentrate on one thing at a time

@Bold I get your concern there, and I'm not talking about immediate product availability except for the L series, but I'm also imagining that product development has begun on the next Playbook gen, with a parallel team devoted to that, optimizing it for BB10 and as a computing productivity platform. So, I'm hoping to see them flesh out their product roadmap for businesses and articulate their vision of mobile computing within the enterprise including BES10 and how BlackBerry products provide the most secure cost effective solution that they can buy into on the market. So my hope is that the next gen Playbooks would be available in the summer or for back to school. Again, not likely, but a lovely surprise if it happens.
    12-09-12 05:24 PM
    I voted for L series will be released within a week of launch, but I really wanted to vote for "all of the above" except "don't care". Why is that even in the list?
    To make it a fair poll of those on here that dont care one way or another
    12-09-12 05:27 PM
    I expect/hope for:
    1. Some amazing new feature that we couldn't have dreamed of from a smartphone (eg: maybe the phone makes coffee, or has a pico projector built in etc.). These could also be in form of some cool accessory bundled-in with the phone. One can dream, right? :-)
    2. Amazing battery life (20+ hours on a single charge on 3g/4g, wifi on) and waterproof or water-ressistance, shock ressistance!
    3. Immediate availability, < 1 week
    12-09-12 05:28 PM
    I'll take a game changing feature here. I've been with the others and came back to the 9810 because it has what I need. It might take something game changing to get me to give up my trackpad, convenience keys, etc.
    12-09-12 05:39 PM
    I'm hoping for a $400 off contract price for London if leaked specs are what shows up, and a BlackBerry TV devices to be announced along with a BB10 home vpn/router. Last is pipe dream of mine.
    12-09-12 05:44 PM

@Bold I get your concern there, and I'm not talking about immediate product availability except for the L series, but I'm also imagining that product development has begun on the next Playbook gen, with a parallel team devoted to that, optimizing it for BB10 and as a computing productivity platform. So, I'm hoping to see them flesh out their product roadmap for businesses and articulate their vision of mobile computing within the enterprise including BES10 and how BlackBerry products provide the most secure cost effective solution that they can buy into on the market. So my hope is that the next gen Playbooks would be available in the summer or for back to school. Again, not likely, but a lovely surprise if it happens.
    I put it on the poll, but I really have my doubts about a new tablet for now. Considering how much money they lost on the playbook. But the old roadmap showed one so who knows. It would be a suprise like the title of this says!
    12-09-12 05:54 PM
    I put it on the poll, but I really have my doubts about a new tablet for now. Considering how much money they lost on the playbook. But the old roadmap showed one so who knows. It would be a suprise like the title of this says!
    Agreed......unfortunately.
    12-09-12 10:42 PM
    Love the list of options it was actually pretty difficult to decide haha!
    but bb10 for playbook hands down. just to rub it in my friends face who decided on the ipad mini over the playbook
    12-09-12 11:30 PM
    I would love to see the phone available for sale or at least pre-order on launch day....in black or white.....on ALL carriers
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    12-10-12 08:33 AM
    I would love to see the phone available for sale or at least pre-order on launch day....in black or white.....on ALL carriers
    Pre order is not the best option for getting a device first. Pre order is best when a device is expected to sell out very fast and you want to ensure you get one of the first batch. In blackberrys case i would just go to a carrier store and pick one up on release day.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    12-10-12 09:24 AM
    Pre order is not the best option for getting a device first. Pre order is best when a device is expected to sell out very fast and you want to ensure you get one of the first batch. In blackberrys case i would just go to a carrier store and pick one up on release day.
    If RIM makes a big enough deal about BB10 on launch day, it just might sell out. If they market it correctly as a new device you NEED to have AND it has the specs/features/app support people want, they could pull it off.
    12-10-12 09:33 AM
    If RIM makes a big enough deal about BB10 on launch day, it just might sell out. If they market it correctly as a new device you NEED to have AND it has the specs/features/app support people want, they could pull it off.
    Im not taking that risk. I will be at the rogers store in conestoga mall, waterloo,ontario, canada first in line again on release day. The rogers store closest to headquarters. Will get it the minute it is released like the 9000 and 9900. Able to inspect my device to make sure they have no defect.
    12-10-12 09:37 AM
    I want a shiny red one. On launch day.
    12-10-12 10:07 AM
    I want a shiny red one. Yesterday.
    Fixed it for you
    NFLPLAYBOOK and moralcode like this.
    12-10-12 10:40 AM
    Much of what I'd like to see has already been mentioned:

1) A range of devices announced.

2) Perfect execution. I've only had two BBs -- the 9800 and the 9810. If BB10 and RIM do things right, I'll get the first shot at not getting a warranty replacement in under a year after purchase. That would be refreshing.

3) A $400 off contract price was mentioned. I'd add unlocked to that. It's time that RIM cut the carrier umbilical cord. The Nexus 4 was $50 less than $400, unlocked, quint band to cover most GSM carriers. It sold out at least once.

4) Marketing! Please, RIM, fix your marketing. There's nothing about BB10 anywhere except tech sites. And we're under 2 months from launch! There should already be a buzz being generated about BB10 for the nontechies! What press there is out there seems to be split between pro and con. Is RIM even trying to nudge the press in the right direction?
    12-10-12 10:56 AM
    Much of what I'd like to see has already been mentioned:
    1) A range of devices announced.
    This and immediate availability (< 1 week)
    2) Perfect execution. I've only had two BBs -- the 9800 and the 9810. If BB10 and RIM do things right, I'll get the first shot at not getting a warranty replacement in under a year after purchase. That would be refreshing.
    This.
    3) A $400 off contract price was mentioned. I'd add unlocked to that. It's time that RIM cut the carrier umbilical cord. The Nexus 4 was $50 less than $400, unlocked, quint band to cover most GSM carriers. It sold out at least once.
    This
    4) Marketing! Please, RIM, fix your marketing. There's nothing about BB10 anywhere except tech sites. And we're under 2 months from launch! There should already be a buzz being generated about BB10 for the nontechies! What press there is out there seems to be split between pro and con. Is RIM even trying to nudge the press in the right direction?
    I am guessing they are waiting for holiday season to be over. Don't want their marketing message to be lost among 1000s others that are competing for attention in holiday season. I think we will start seeing marketing buzz build-up starting January.
    12-10-12 11:52 AM
52 123