I e-mailed Supercell and asked if they could release clash of clans on BlackBerry 10 so we wouldn't have to risk losing our saves and this is the reply I got. Seems they class BlackBerry 10 phones as low-end smartphones?

This is what Supercell had to say about Blackberry 10 phones...-img_20140614_045440.png

Z10 on T-mobile running 10.2.1.2947
    Last edited by Elite1; 06-15-14 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Added image link
    06-13-14 11:00 PM
    I can't post a picture for some reason? This has turnt into a request for help lool
    06-13-14 11:01 PM
    Check apps permissions.

Posted via My Awesome Z10 | Follow me on Twitter @angelesrobby
    todparsons likes this.
    06-13-14 11:17 PM
    Let us know what they reply with!

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 12:01 AM
    At least you got a reply. I asked for boom beach a couple months ago and no reply.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 01:25 AM
    It's funny the way some companies are, their apps work fine on BlackBerry 10 yet they don't want to take the few hrs to port it and put it in BlackBerry App World and make some extra cash. I'm not a developer but I assume porting a working android app to BlackBerry wouldn't be that hard or time consuming

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 08:54 AM
    They act as if they've never had a conversation with BlackBerry... I mean they should know better, but why hasn't BlackBerry shown them how easy it is?

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 09:02 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140614_045440.png 
Views:	6479 
Size:	174.2 KB 
ID:	278005

06-14-14 10:19 AM
    Thanks this worked

06-14-14 10:19 AM
    Maybe they don't even know bb10 is different from bbos?
    06-14-14 10:25 AM
    Ya. For sure. BB10 can handle clash of clans. Maybe they just know about BB10 capabilities.
    I assume you indicated that you are referring to bb10 devices not the bbos on the sent email.

Sent from the best touch keyboard, the Z.
    06-14-14 10:30 AM
    I didn't find anything wrong with their response. It was neither disrespectful nor dismissive of BlackBerry in my opinion. I don't think they were implying that BlackBerry had low specs. Clearly it is not one of the supported platforms at this time. Hopefully with more queries like yours they may take a serious look at bringing this app to BlackBerry. ( although I don't want to get hooked on it myself)

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, dtarin, ryanza and 3 others like this.
    06-14-14 10:32 AM
    Give the email id. I too will send them a mail

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.3175
    06-14-14 10:38 AM
    i think they were referring to bbos? How am.i gonna play with it, using the trackpad lol. Did you tell them that you were using bb10?

Posted via My Awesome Z10 | Follow me on Twitter @angelesrobby
    06-14-14 11:45 AM
    Just go get the android version. No biggy.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 12:40 PM
    It's funny the way some companies are, their apps work fine on BlackBerry 10 yet they don't want to take the few hrs to port it and put it in BlackBerry App World and make some extra cash. I'm not a developer but I assume porting a working android app to BlackBerry wouldn't be that hard or time consuming

Posted via CB10
    Are you kidding. Both are totally different using totally different framework. Android app is based on java while BlackBerry is using cascade and c++. Both are from different world and different coding style. Just a few hours you say. Even to port a QtQuick apps to cascade even required weeks which both share the same framework which is Qt.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808
    06-14-14 12:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    because of two factors one you are on an unsupported platform they don't have to give you support you are essentially stealing from them
    If you have issues you can't ask them for support and it costs money to provide support for platforms if you are using an unsupported platform the tech will not know how your phone works and what you did with it each platform works different ways tech support will have to have a completely new proccess just to support your platform if there isn't enough customers it ain't worth it

2nd Then you need to have someone or a team to do the updates and patches since you are talking about native support and to certify that the software doesn't have bugs and works on any phone under then bbry name

You have the q5 the q10 and the pre release q10 and the z3 and z10 and z30
    All different configurations and specs not exactly paradise for tech support

For android you have different specs however there are standards
    Luckily most support the basic screen res and scales but with bbry you have 1gig to 1.5-2gig alot of factors and not to mention the permissions issue
    When you download an app from the play or Apple store it just works because the stores and phones are certified and the app does everything for you bbry doesn't have that as they have all sorts of configurations and cpus

Posted via CrackBerry App
    06-14-14 03:06 PM
    Maybe they don't even know bb10 is different from bbos?
    This is what I'm also thinking. We can't deny the fact that most people still doesn't know about BlackBerry 10. It's quite a "niche".

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    06-14-14 03:11 PM
    Have you thought of sending them back a video of their app running fluidly on your bb10 device? Most app devs no little no nothing about bb10 and perhaps need to see it working. Maybe they'll consider it.
    06-14-14 06:00 PM
    Have you thought of sending them back a video of their app running fluidly on your bb10 device? Most app devs no little no nothing about bb10 and perhaps need to see it working. Maybe they'll consider it.
    Wouldn't matter much since its like sending a cop a video of you stealing a car

Since you are runing it on an unauthorized device and not legally

The runtime is for developers not for consumers
    2nd what would a video do ? It's an unauthorized use of the app
    Meaning he gets no support from the developer nor does it translate into 1000s of dollars worth of transactions

All the bbry users would have to download the app and wait for it and send checks for the developer since Google transactions aren't supported

The user base is too small to pay teams to maintain the app for bbry

Read crackberrys Kevin article even umi s on app developers frustrations bout bb world
    The base is nowhe re close to attract developers to pay teams to support and develop an app
    The op is asking for an native app not an apk anyways that takes time and money to support and maintain not to mention paying bbry 30% of their transactions which is silly look at Kevin's article to see how frustrated developers are about that since its a small base

You aren't talking about millions of users the userbasr is less the 10m

Last edited by Phi Nguyen; 06-14-14 at 06:24 PM.
    06-14-14 06:13 PM

Since you are runing it on an unauthorized device and not legally

The runtime is for developers not for consumers
    2nd what would a video do ? It's an unauthorized use of the app
    Meaning he gets no support from the developer nor does it translate into 1000s of dollars worth of transactions

All the bbry users would have to download the app and wait for it and send checks for the developer since Google transactions aren't supported

The user base is too small to pay teams to maintain the app for bbry

Read crackberrys Kevin article even umi s on app developers frustrations bout bb world
    The base is nowhe re close to attract developers to pay teams to support and develop an app
    The op is asking for an native app not an apk anyways that takes time and money to support and maintain not to mention paying bbry 30% of their transactions which is silly look at Kevin's article to see how frustrated developers are about that since its a small base

You aren't talking about millions of users the userbasr is less the 10m

Not sure why you are just fixated on all the reasons why they won't support rather than the glimmer of hope that they can.

Porting an Android app ain't that much of a big deal.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan, Elite1, web99 and 5 others like this.
    06-14-14 06:40 PM
    In my opinion, the reply sounds like a template they send for any general questions they receive as to why Clash of Clans isn't available for a specific phone. I doubt it was a direct shot at BB10.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    pantlesspenguin and 00stryder like this.
    06-14-14 07:50 PM

Since you are runing it on an unauthorized device and not legally...
    The degrading way some people who post, as if they know everything, is what keeps some people from commenting and visiting these blogs at times.

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    06-14-14 08:00 PM
    Your kidding right z10 has a 2year old cpu because it was designed when s3 came out
    the bbry user base would have to increase exponentially for anyone to even consider them
    They are less then 10m and most are business users
    It costs money to provide support for another platform
    No, I was serious. Despite your response I still don't think their answer was a shot against BlackBerry or its specs. They probably have no clue what the specs are or are not, simply that its not supported. If no one asks I think the chances are less that they would even consider making the app so if you want an app, better to ask than say nothing in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 09:22 PM
    Your kidding right z10 has a 2year old cpu because it was designed when s3 came out
    the bbry user base would have to increase exponentially for anyone to even consider them
    They are less then 10m and most are business users
    It costs money to provide support for another platform
    All BB10 devices can run clash of clans regardless of age of specs... a android port with slight modification to save via Facebook would work without adding huge costs...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    06-14-14 10:34 PM
48 12