04-21-09 11:54 PM
34 12
tools
    While I agree with most on this thread, the facts are these phones (no matter the brand) are hardly perfect. Each has their own niche that they adequately fill... for now.

So, what is so great about BlackBerry? Well, for me at least, it's NOT the trackball.
    04-21-09 05:44 PM
    I have to say this is my first blackberry and I absolutely love it. dont think I could go back to any other now.
    04-21-09 05:57 PM
    Ya know, I sorta agree with this guy, I bought the same blackberry curve that I have now about a year ago but returned it since I was waiting on a beter phone. I've had the Treo 755p for the longest time and just recently I decided to buy the curve again. This phone is far from perfect and my treo could do a **** of a lot more than what this phone could do. But all in all I'm happy with this phone, its a change of scenary for once, or at least until the Palm Pre comes out :-)

As far as being able to store programs on your memory card or record phone calls? Yes Palm can do that.

As for this guy having the phone as long as he has and just now he's complaining? Maybe its because it wanted to give it chance and after having it for a while, he realizes its not for him. Fair enough.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 08:11 PM
    OP = Dude who just wanted to get flamed
    04-21-09 08:32 PM
    Well, I was sitting here and was thinking, "What is So Great About A Blackberry"? So, here is what I cam up with what you can't do.

1) Your media card ONLY supports guess what? Media, right. Programs that I would like to have would eat up memory, so wouldn't it be better to use the memory card for that?

2) I would love to have an editing program for my pictures, but guess what? Blackberry doesn't have one.

3) I can use a phone call recorder, but guess what? I was suggested to put the blackberry on speaker and recorded that way. Boy! what a wonderful concept and primitive. Maybe I should record it with the old type tape recorder.

4) The keyboard who I have named HAL does it own thing when it comes to lighting up. Not a program to have the light lit as much or as long as I want on the 8330.

5) There is not a descent browser for the blackberry as far as I am concerned.

I can go on and some may say, why am I still with a Blackberry, and I would say, I am locked into Verizon and it will cost me money that I don't have to move on.
    I'm sorry you didn't bother actually doing any research before buying your Berry. I feel bad for your Berry that it has such a non-loving home. Berries need love and support to grow, and it's not getting that from you.
    04-21-09 08:35 PM
    I'm sorry you didn't bother actually doing any research before buying your Berry. I feel bad for your Berry that it has such a non-loving home. Berries need love and support to grow, and it's not getting that from you.
    .. Its just a phone.. Plastic and rubber.. Nothing else. Some people aren't into phones like some of us. Maybe he bought his blackberry on looks alone then realized it just wasn't for him.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 11:00 PM
    Well, I was sitting here and was thinking, "What is So Great About A Blackberry"? So, here is what I cam up with what you can't do.

1) Your media card ONLY supports guess what? Media, right. Programs that I would like to have would eat up memory, so wouldn't it be better to use the memory card for that?

Total agreement. This is probably my biggest pet peeve.
    I've had lesser devices that could not only run apps from the memory card but
    could also backup to and restore from it.

2) I would love to have an editing program for my pictures, but guess what? Blackberry doesn't have one.

Again. I agree. This I don't need, but I can definitely see the need for this.

3) I can use a phone call recorder, but guess what? I was suggested to put the blackberry on speaker and recorded that way. Boy! what a wonderful concept and primitive. Maybe I should record it with the old type tape recorder.

Although the phone can't do this natively, there are a few options. For
    instance Google Voice

4) The keyboard who I have named HAL does it own thing when it comes to lighting up. Not a program to have the light lit as much or as long as I want on the 8330.

No idea what this means

5) There is not a descent browser for the blackberry as far as I am concerned.

This is very true. The native browser is adequate, but by no stretch as good
    as the offerings of other platforms. Opera Mini is a over-hyped waste of
    memory. Bolt Browser, while promising, is still not ready for primetime.
    I can go on and some may say, why am I still with a Blackberry, and I would say, I am locked into Verizon and it will cost me money that I don't have to move on.
    Your concerns are very valid. When you go through this thread remember
    this: Those who actually addressed your concerns in a meaningful way
    (whether they agree or not) are those you should listen to.

Those who posted stupid "fanboy" BS should be ignored.
    04-21-09 11:25 PM
    What about the Aerize Card Loader program???
    Not a good idea. This program only puts the installation file(s) on the memory card.
    You can install and uninstall the app from the card. YOU CANNOT run it from
    the card. The application itself will still install to Device Memory.

And with the memory footprint of Aerize Card Loader you are essentially at a
    net negative as far as memory is concerned.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 04-21-09 at 11:37 PM.
    04-21-09 11:34 PM
    whats so great about Blackberry? Mm..

Blackberry is everything. blackberry's apps are free and some charge. you can customize theme devep as a to z for BB or modify codes into Blackberry if you knew how.

You can pimp your berry anythings for fun.

For Record: Blackberry is king of EMAIL over any smart cellphones/PDA/WM devices.
    04-21-09 11:54 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD