When I am using a desktop email client such as Outlook or Evolution, I prefer to compose new emails in HTML format.

I know that BlackBerry allows one to view HTML emails but not compose them.

Which smartphone platforms allow composition of HTML emails? Is this possible through the native email client, or does one need to use an app to do this?

Does RIM have any plans to add HTML email formatting to the native client?
    07-09-11 12:14 AM
    pretty sure my default thunderbolt email sends in HTML.

edit: Sent a test email to myself at work and outlook told me HTML up top. not sure what the gmail app would send them as but my guess is HTML also
    Last edited by howarmat; 07-09-11 at 12:57 AM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-09-11 12:49 AM
    I'm going to bump this.

I've just gotten a Curve 3G for work after defecting to the iPhone for the last 2 years. Can we compose HTML emails yet on OS6?

I'm pretty shocked that its not a standard feature yet. Anyone want to venture a guess as to why? security?
    07-21-11 11:39 PM
    I'm going to bump this.

I've just gotten a Curve 3G for work after defecting to the iPhone for the last 2 years. Can we compose HTML emails yet on OS6?

I'm pretty shocked that its not a standard feature yet. Anyone want to venture a guess as to why? security?
    It is not possible to compose HTML emails in OS 6. I do not know the reason why, just that BlackBerry lacks that capability.
    07-21-11 11:41 PM
    I remember way back in 4.5 that there were 3rd party email apps that could do it.

Does anyone know if theirs a half decent 3rd party app that works with BES?
    07-21-11 11:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD