I'm on Verizon Wireless and I have had an Alias for too long. I've used a Blackberry 8830 World Edition phone and I really like the idea of a smartphone so I'm pretty much definitely going to be getting one after my contract is up with the Alias. The only problem I have is which one should I get? I'm going to count out the World Edition because it doesn't have a camera, so that leaves me with the Pearl and the Curve. But it doesn't count out every other company's smartphones.

The only problem I have with Blackberry is that the internet browser always feels like an incomplete experience after seeing the iPhone. Are there other phones that have outstanding internet browsers like that?
    08-02-08 11:48 AM
    It's not an iPhone and as a matter of fact, BB was around before the iPhone. Both do what they do well and they both have their faults. I think if people really need the iPhone browsing experience, then get one and you wont have to worry about comparing it to anything else.
    08-02-08 11:53 AM
    I'm not bashing on Blackberry, I know it was around before the iPhone too. And I can't get an iPhone because I'm on Verizon.
    08-02-08 11:54 AM
    I would go with the Curve IMO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-08 11:57 AM
    Before I switched to BlackBerry, I used a pocket PC. The BB is my personal all-time favorite phone/smart device. If you've narrowed it down to the Curve vs. Pearl, think about which size you prefer and if you'd like SureType vs. QWERTY (sure there's more to consider, but those are probably your main considerations).
    08-02-08 12:13 PM
    I haven't tried SureType but I probably wouldn't mind it. What other advantages does the Curve have over the Pearl and vice-versa?
    08-02-08 12:15 PM
    It really depends if you wanna pocket your phone, or Geek it on your belt
    08-02-08 12:17 PM
    Maybe you should take a look at the DARE from LG if you want a close to an iphone experience it has a similar style to the iphone but between the BBs it depends if u want a small phone and can type comfortably with sure type or a bigger phone with a full qweryt keypad the. The choice is solely up to you! Have fun and be sure to look at the pros and cons of every phone

08-02-08 05:47 PM
    i had the pearl before i had my 8320 curve.

the pearl was a very nice phone before i started to get the girly vibe from it.

the curve is the exact same phone as the pearl, only with a bigger screen and full keyboard.

the curve isnt too big to put in your pocket, unless you wear tight pants or soemthin then i guess it might get uncomfortable, but my slips in my pockets just fine.

BB browser does suck at times, but theres Opera Mini to render pages that BB browser has such a hard time with.

verizon has a very nice curve with more memory then the other carriers so i say go with the curve.
    08-02-08 06:14 PM
    Go with the curve you won't regret it. I had the pearl and I'm so glad I got my 8330

08-02-08 06:17 PM
    I havent tried the pearl although I have played with one a bit as a good friend of mine has one. I do however have a curve for about 4 days now.......This is by far the best phone I have ever owned. Ive used palm, wm, and now a BB and this thing kills them all. Iphone... well never used one however I do own an Itouch. For me I do wayyyyyy too much texting to even consider a touch screen phone. My curve fits in my pocket just fine as well.....If you get a Curve, I would just about guarantee that you wont regret it.
    08-02-08 06:27 PM
    Get the Curve cause it's baller and everybody loves a lady with some curve!!
    08-02-08 06:30 PM
    ...so that leaves me with the Pearl and the Curve.
    Don't forget the 8703e....just saying.
    08-02-08 06:34 PM
    I had the Dare and it was horrible. Traded it for the Pearl, which was nice but I kept getting lemon after lemon (3 in total) so I traded for the Curve. I love it and I wish I would've started with the Curve in the first place!

08-02-08 06:50 PM
    Get the curve, the bigger screen and 96 mb are awesome, and when you see the pearl and the curve side by side, the curve really is not much wider

08-02-08 06:57 PM
    Go to a VZW store and play with both devices. Talk to the sales people that have BB's and get their opinion. Then pick what's right for you. If I had to choose between those two BB's, I would choose the Curve. You might want to wait a month or so, if you can and wait for RIM's touch screen to come to VZW
    08-02-08 07:14 PM
    get the curve its worth it and its not too big

and if you really need the iphone "feel" buy an ipod touch (its solved all my apple needs and more)
    08-02-08 07:21 PM
    Curve all the way

08-02-08 07:22 PM
    Go to a VZW store and play with both devices. Talk to the sales people that have BB's and get their opinion. Then pick what's right for you. If I had to choose between those two BB's, I would choose the Curve. You might want to wait a month or so, if you can and wait for RIM's touch screen to come to VZW
    and I believe Verizon doesn't get the Bold until around the holidays and the Thunder isnt rumored to come out until January or thats what I've heard
    08-02-08 07:22 PM
    You'll be a lot happier going with the Curve over the Pearl. The bigger screen and the full qwerty keyboard make it the better choice.

As far as touch screens go, I would have gotten the iphone if it wasn't stuck on att(h8 em). The Thunder also seems pretty nice.
    08-02-08 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD