okay so i am just as excited for the launch of the tour sunday, i was planning on going to the store 3 hours early to purchase the phone but then today i wake up and my world comes crashing down.
    I follow cx, radio, and blackmannx on twitter, all of those guys have a proven track record of great info and are wonderful at letting us know some information. Well this morning radio posted "A tour... with wifi... On VZ too someday? You betcha ".
    so im thinking great now what should i do, well then blackmannx talked about a verzion blackberry with wifi. right after that blackmannx tweeted to cx saying "pics or it didnt happen?!?!?! LMAO! Yeah thats why when storm users jump to the tour and waste their NE2 I laugh..".
    So im like s%*t at this point, im practically crying trying to figure out what i should do. And then comes the killer cx tweeted to radio saying "Ha! they dont even have a clue. Will be the best BB on the market period. And belong to CDMA carrier."
    radio then replied with "To be honest, I feel a LITTLE bad about this, you know, 2 days before the tour drops... Hrmm, Okay I dont feel bad lol".

AHHH cx, radio, blackmannx you guys are killing me now im not sure if i want to get the tour sunday, but i dont want to wait forever for this new amazing blackberry? what should i do?
    07-10-09 04:06 PM
    Sprint is getting the wifi tour there were like 8 threads on it yesterday lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 04:08 PM
    depends on what "someday" means.

it's not coming out next week thats for sure.

i'll be getting a tour this coming week and deal with deciding if a tour with wifi later is worth upgrading.
    07-10-09 04:09 PM
    Where have you been? I mean you say you're all about all of these newsy places/blogs and you still haven't heard that the Verizon Storm 2 will have WiFi and is likely due out late this year? You don't get out much now do you. The Tour, no, there's no Wifi for the Tour. Forget that.
    07-10-09 04:12 PM
    Well this is when you chalk it up and get the Tour now and sell it to off set the price of whatever demon they are speaking of 6 months down the line. I consider a phones life span to be 6 months anyways.....the Storm is a great grandad now.
    07-10-09 04:13 PM
    Where have you been? I mean you say you're all about all of these newsy places/blogs and you still haven't heard that the Verizon Storm 2 will have WiFi and is likely due out late this year? You don't get out much now do you. The Tour, no, there's no Wifi for the Tour. Forget that.
    i know the storm 2 will have wifi but i had the storm and while its an okay phone touchscreens are not for me, and radio who is a trusted source on the forum said "A tour... with wifi... On VZ too someday? You betcha :"
    07-10-09 04:18 PM
    okay so i am just as excited for the launch of the tour sunday, i was planning on going to the store 3 hours early to purchase the phone but then today i wake up and my world comes crashing down.
    I follow cx, radio, and blackmannx on twitter, all of those guys have a proven track record of great info and are wonderful at letting us know some information. Well this morning radio posted "A tour... with wifi... On VZ too someday? You betcha ".
    so im thinking great now what should i do, well then blackmannx talked about a verzion blackberry with wifi. right after that blackmannx tweeted to cx saying "pics or it didnt happen?!?!?! LMAO! Yeah thats why when storm users jump to the tour and waste their NE2 I laugh..".
    So im like s%*t at this point, im practically crying trying to figure out what i should do. And then comes the killer cx tweeted to radio saying "Ha! they dont even have a clue. Will be the best BB on the market period. And belong to CDMA carrier."
    radio then replied with "To be honest, I feel a LITTLE bad about this, you know, 2 days before the tour drops... Hrmm, Okay I dont feel bad lol".

AHHH cx, radio, blackmannx you guys are killing me now im not sure if i want to get the tour sunday, but i dont want to wait forever for this new amazing blackberry? what should i do?
    we have known for months now that EVERY blackberry AFTER the Tour will have wifi on verizon. It will be a long while though before we see another keyboard blackberry though on verizon that will have wifi that will compeat with the Tour. Next blackberry to hit verizon will be storm 2 with wifi but a lot os us, that won't matter to us becuase we found out how much we hated that touch screen on the storm 1
    07-10-09 04:19 PM
    Sprint is getting the wifi tour there were like 8 threads on it yesterday lol

I saw that but that said sometime next year, not the tour thats comming out sunday.
    07-10-09 04:19 PM
    While he did tweet the following: "There is a new CDMA device coming that will blow all current CDMA's away!! Totally! And it's a World Phone."

"Ha! They don't even have a clue. Will be best BB on the market, period.And belong to CDMA carrier."

He also tweeted, definitely get the Tour now.
    07-10-09 04:28 PM
    i guess im gonna say screw it and get the tour on sunday im too impatient.
    07-10-09 04:31 PM
    I saw that but that said sometime next year, not the tour thats comming out sunday.
    I know, I forgot to say next year lol, if they were getting the wifi version sunday I'd be switching to sprint lol

Last edited by Chuck Q; 07-10-09 at 04:41 PM.
    07-10-09 04:37 PM
    There is always going to be a new BB coming out. Why are you going to wait?
    07-10-09 04:37 PM
    Ah thats what i hate there is always something better comming out. DAMN you rim for getting me addicted!
    07-10-09 04:40 PM
    if you keep waiting for the next best blackberry, your going to be waiting a life time! lol by the time the newest blackberry launches, there will be talk of another bigger blackberry coming out a year later if not a little sooner, its always have been like that and always will be like that, you just have to get whats out there today!
    07-10-09 04:40 PM
    When I was researching my first smartphone, I decided that Wi-Fi was something important I would have like to have in situations where I couldn't use the carrier's data connection. Since then, I can count on one hand the number times I actually used Wi-Fi.

As soon as the Tour is available for my carrier, I'm jumping without a second thought.

Basically, the question of you needing Wi-Fi is something that only you can answer.
    07-10-09 05:15 PM
    i would wait for the one with wifi but i've been waiting forever and am just gonna get the tour! screw waiting for wifi, i'll deal without it haha. i am too impatient! i don't have wifi now or any kind of internet on my phone now, so i'm sure i'll be extremely happy with the tour
    07-10-09 05:20 PM
    Sprint is getting the wifi tour there were like 8 "HUNDRED" threads on it yesterday lol

Fixed^ smile!

07-10-09 05:34 PM
    So sprint is getting a wifi Tour? I didn't see that. I'm late on all this btw
    On sprints page I didn't see it as being wifi equiped??

07-10-09 05:42 PM
    I would like to have WiFi, but I am carrying an office issued ATT curve w/ WiFi, and I rarely turn the wifi on, even when I'm at home or at the office w/ a wireless network, b/c it drains the battery so quickly.

All their smart devices should have wifi, just on principle, but I'm definitely not waiting for one with wifi.

EVDO rev A will be so much better than ATT's network that it's worth losing the wifi capability.

Greg
    07-10-09 06:23 PM
    Get the Tour now."Next year" could mean anything.Or you could hedge your bet and only sign a 1yr contract extention.Might cost a bit more now but you'll be in position to upgrade if the WiFi Tour is released anytime after 2Q in 2010.
    07-10-09 06:58 PM
    When I was researching my first smartphone, I decided that Wi-Fi was something important I would have like to have in situations where I couldn't use the carrier's data connection. Since then, I can count on one hand the number times I actually used Wi-Fi.

As soon as the Tour is available for my carrier, I'm jumping without a second thought.

Basically, the question of you needing Wi-Fi is something that only you can answer.
    I agree. I also thought it was something I must have, but only used it a couple of times. Huge battery drain as well.
    07-10-09 07:07 PM
    After having my piece of **** Samsung i730 for 3 yrs I cannot wait for another 9 months or so for a BB with a physical keyboard and WiFi. I think a WiFi version of the Onyx (or whatever it is) will be out in spring 2010.

My Samsung i730 as WiFi - I have only used it 10 times in 3 yrs.

The Storm 2 sounds good - but I heard rumors of a vibration per keypress (truepress) instead of a screen press (surepress) - that still sound crap to me.

I would get an iPhone if it wasn't for my company demanding we use BBs.
    07-10-09 07:38 PM
    It's like everything that I type in here goes in vain. All this breaking news I've been saying from the get go, and now it's a big deal. Don't worry Sprint heads, July 12th is the date and then bam, July 12th. Sprint will follow suit with wifi, bam breaking news. About to say screw NDA's and get a piece of the action, you know what I'm saying? About to go get a drink because I need it.
    07-10-09 07:44 PM

Exactly my thoughts. I wanted wifi SOOO much, then I got it and realized what a pain it is to set up a wifi connection everytime you wanna use it someplace new. Most airports charge $. I see fast food joints are offering free wifi hotspots, but really how much time do you have to surf the net while downing a Whopper? Is it even worth setting up the connection? My home network... That's what the computers are for. Motels=Notebook pc connection. As good a phone as the BB is, it's not a dedicated internet device; therefore, it doesn't render web pages as well as a dedicated internet device would. i.e. it's internet cabability does not really neccessitate a wifi connection. I never use wifi and often find myself making sure it stayed off so it wouldn't leach my battery life. Wifi is a battery killer. I have made a brief downgrade switch to the 8330 (was roaming too much for my gsm carrier's taste and got kicked out) and I don't miss the wifi capability in the least. Things like OS lag and cramped keyboard are the only things nagging at me. Don't get me wrong, it's still a BB so I'm still doing better than if I was stuck with my E71 or (worst of all) my old HTC. I couldn't care less about losing wifi at this point.
    07-10-09 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD