I bought a Q10 a couple of months ago and I love it. Now that the company went private, what does that mean about their phones? Are they going to become worthless? I don't want to end up buying another phone in a couple of months when I just bought this one. So should I sell it now before they become worthless?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 09:24 AM
    That means business as usual for you and for me. Only people with BBRY shares should be bothered.

BlackBerry going private: What does it all mean now that it

But you CAN ship it my way. I'll PM my address if you so decide to!
    ghundiraj likes this.
    09-24-13 09:26 AM
    I sold my Z10 for $250 a month back, and boy am I glad I did... Throw it up on kijiji today and you might get $100 for it. I got $90 for my 16GB PlayBook too! You'd get $20 for it today.
    09-24-13 09:27 AM
    I bought a Q10 a couple of months ago and I love it. Now that the company went private, what does that mean about their phones? Are they going to become worthless? I don't want to end up buying another phone in a couple of months when I just bought this one. So should I sell it now before they become worthless?

Posted via CB10
    Continue to use it.
    09-24-13 09:27 AM
    I sold my Z10 for $250 a month back, and boy am I glad I did... Throw it up on kijiji today and you might get $100 for it. I got $90 for my 16GB PlayBook too! You'd get $20 for it today.
    Phones are not commodities. They are phones. My Playbook still works great and so does by Z10. They will work in the future and I will get a lot more money out of my products than you did. You sold a working phone.
    fluren, cdnynot, igor10000 and 3 others like this.
    09-24-13 09:29 AM
    It will still work for the foreseeable future. Whether you want to hang on to a phone that likely will no longer get updates or new apps (at least from BB World) is your call. If it were me, I'd move on. The financials of the situation would have some bearing, too -- how much I could get for it, upgrade eligibility/discounts on a new phone, etc.

Others, and you'll no doubt hear from them, love their BBs so much that they will use them as long as they possibly can. If you are that much of a BB fanatic, just hang on. My stepmother is still rocking an 8830, and has never had any inclination to upgrade it because it does all she needs it to do -- makes phone calls and sends and receives texts and email.
    09-24-13 09:31 AM
    If you know nothing you will sell it, like that other dude. If I were you I'd keep it, phones will always work as long as you pay your phone bill

Posted via CB10
    iToya likes this.
    09-24-13 09:32 AM
    I'd suggest wearing it as a hat.

I jest... The phones will still work. The company will still be around. The only difference is that they'll be private, not publicly traded. That means scathing media reports will start to dwindle, that they'll be able restructure outside of the public eye and, hopefully, come back to the market as a real contender.

I have a Z10. I will continue to use my Z10, as it is a fantastic phone. I have had no problems with it and I am a heavy user... I don't forsee any issues with it either.
    ital1 and sentano like this.
    Well, they've been downgraded to 2nd tier devices and consumer support has been pulled, so if you're looking for updates & apps you're probably already out of luck.

Posted via CB10
    By the way I got mine in May and I'm keeping it, especially with 10.2 in a few weeks

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Tank1978; 09-24-13 at 10:57 AM.
    09-24-13 09:33 AM
    Well, they've been downgraded to 2nd tier devices and consumer support has been pulled, so if you're looking for updates & apps you're probably already out of luck.
    Please show us all where consumer support has been pulled.
    09-24-13 09:34 AM
    That means business as usual for you and for me. Only people with BBRY shares should be bothered.

BlackBerry going private: What does it all mean now that it

But you CAN ship it my way. I'll PM my address if you so decide to!
    I wouldn't rely on that "analysis" at all. It completely ignores what happens during and after a buyout.
    09-24-13 09:37 AM
    .....Whether you want to hang on to a phone that likely will no longer get updates or new apps (at least from BB World) is your call.....
    Where does anybody say they will stop providing updates or new apps? The platform is not dead and they aren't winding down operations. They are taking the company private.

I'm sure the phones, OS updates and Apps will keep coming.
    09-24-13 09:43 AM
    Made a phone call with my Z10 a few minutes ago...
    Sent a text as well...
    Just typed this message to CrackBerry online...

Mine still works! Lol

As said before, until you stop paying your phone bill or until the OS craps out and needs update support and BlackBerry isn't there anymore period, then start looking for another phone.
    If you need your phone to be something other than a solid communication device, then go shopping now. #ireallyneedafartapponmyphone.

Posted via my Zee 10
    fluren and MJ Badagliacco like this.
    09-24-13 09:47 AM
    Where does anybody say they will stop providing updates or new apps? The platform is not dead and they aren't winding down operations. They are taking the company private.

I'm sure the phones, OS updates and Apps will keep coming.
    Yes. These naysayers don't have a clue. There is no value in stopping development of BB10. It will be needed for Enterprise services. And who says that they will only work for business people. A lot of businesses will have current BB10 devices and they will expect updates.
    sklotz2000 and MJ Badagliacco like this.
    09-24-13 09:47 AM
    Apps aren't that big of a deal for me. The only apps I wish they had were more banking apps for Chase or Wells Fargo but even then I can still sideload them. BB10 has potential to be amazing (eventhough it already is) but people don't see that. I just don't want to company to fall of completely and I'm stuck with this phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 09:49 AM
    It's uncertainty...none of us really know how this will play out.
    since Q10 is non -BIS , it will continue to work no matter what happens.
    The question is ... depending upon what they do in the future...will developers support it with Apps or App updates...probably it will be reduced unless BlackBerry actually recovers...
    BlackBerry I'm sure will continue to release OS upgrades/support, but may not be as frequent...assuming they continue as a software business.

Unknowns...unknowns..
    Worse case...Competitors will probably offer a "deal" to swap your phone to their phone
    09-24-13 09:52 AM
    Everything will work as usual. I have the Q10 too and I am not planning on jumping ship. Remember that purchasing any tech device is a bit of a gamble, regardless of the company. BBM isn't going anywhere either even if the company is broken up at some point.
    09-24-13 09:55 AM
    Worse case...Competitors will probably offer a "deal" to swap your phone to their phone
    that's a highly unlikely case, competitors don't even see us on the radar let alone even know of the existence of BB10, they're not even going to be bothered.
    09-24-13 10:00 AM
    That's interesting. I just sold a Q a couple weeks ago for $550. Maybe you're just a bad salesman.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799, madxcape and SK122387 like this.
    09-24-13 10:02 AM
    BlackBerry for life, they will have to pry it from my dead hands or until it stops working.....lol

ssinghb likes this.
    09-24-13 10:02 AM
    BBM isn't going anywhere either even if the company is broken up at some point.
    Won't the continuing operation of BBM service depend on the new owner's decision? Also, I am wondering if push mail (gmail or outlook) will continue to work.
    09-24-13 10:09 AM
    Hmmm, time for me to make some cheap purchase

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 10:11 AM
    Give me a break people! You are acting like the sky is falling... The purchase of BB is a great thing for everyone... It will actually breathe some new life into BB, not kill it! I think what you will see is a concerted effort by the new ownership to make BB relevant again. Everyone who is looking at this as a negative needs their head examined!
    09-24-13 10:11 AM
    I've been looking for a Q10 on eBay. The Q10 is going for around $375-$400, unused and still in a sealed box on eBay so a used one would go for a bit less than that but prices are dropping dramatically by the week. If you are worried about it, put it up on eBay and get yourself another phone. I'm waiting for prices to drop more to get my Q10. I'm not worried about the phone being obsolete but I don't blame anyone for wondering about the future of their BB device, OS or anything else that has to do with a company going through turmoil.
    srfinva likes this.
    09-24-13 10:19 AM
63 123