Barack Obama is to surrender and say goodbye to his Blackberry. What a sad day for him... I would be devastated lol. Well here's the link:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/16/us...o_interstitial

Im not sure if im able to post links, sorry if i did. Enjoy reading =)
    11-16-08 03:22 PM
    I see that....but I thought he had an iPhone, seems I heard that somewhere.
    11-16-08 03:29 PM
    Already been posted in the News and Rumors forum
    11-16-08 03:33 PM
    "No Mr. President, I'm sorry you can't get a Blackberry without a data package"...

The same old thing with an interesting twist.
    11-16-08 03:34 PM
    oops sorry fellow crackberrians if its a double post...
    11-16-08 03:39 PM
    Yeah that sucks. I'm currently in bb withdrawal waiting for the replacement to my messed up BB. I can't imagine being without my BB for 3 days much less an entire presidency. He has my sympathies.
    11-16-08 03:40 PM
    Honestly, I think he'll be a little too busy to notice. Hmmm...leader of the free world or my berry...
    11-16-08 03:42 PM
    I couldn't do it. More power to the man lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-08 03:43 PM
    Power and no berry....easy choice. Too big of a security risk for a cellphone.

11-16-08 03:55 PM
    They should have a secure presidential BB. that's what I would demand!!!! Lol

11-16-08 04:02 PM
    Heck yeah. Leader of the greatest nation and can't have a secure bb!

11-16-08 04:29 PM
    I did not vote for him but this is bull crap!!

11-16-08 04:32 PM
    This why I will never be President. They'd take my BlackBerry! LOL

11-16-08 04:45 PM
    I'd bet there is a way to make his or any other high profile person's BB secure, at least for the personal communications. I know past presidents have had personal cell/sat phones, private land lines, pages and pdas. Wonder if their accounts were through any of the "regular" cell phone carriers?

11-16-08 07:46 PM
    Honestly, I think he'll be a little too busy to notice. Hmmm...leader of the free world or my berry...
    He ran one of the best-organized campaigns in history thanks in large part to his BB. So he might need the BB to be leader of the free world.
    11-16-08 07:51 PM
    I saw that article and yea I'd be devastated!

Id much rather have no bb than to have all my personal emails put out for the whole world to see. Even though most of my emails are from family members that just got up to speed with the internet within the last 2 years or so. So most of my emails are fwds that have been circulating since I had webtv when it first came out! :[

11-16-08 10:30 PM
    THAT IS LAME !!!!!! I'd step down.
    11-16-08 11:00 PM
    Sad they can't get him a completely secure bb.

I read he went practically paperless and had everything sent to his bb. That's just plain cool.

I also read he's gonna be the first pres with a laptop on the oval office desk hahaha.

What's wrong with goin "hi-tech"? This is why Obama got so many younger votes lol

11-16-08 11:19 PM
    Ha, I just gave up my 3g iPhone for the Berry. I love it.
    11-17-08 01:24 AM
    I'm sure they can get the pres. a secured BB. He will be after all, the pres., and the pres. gets what the pres. wants. By the way. Mr. Pres. elect, on that stimulas package, make it 10 large for working families, that will give the economy a kick start
    11-17-08 04:25 AM
    I still don't understand why he can't keep his BLACKBERRY? WHY WHY WHY?
    11-17-08 04:58 AM
    If you read the article it is what they do with all Presidents. Email can be hacked easily especially yahoo, gmail, hotmail...etc.... key note Miley Cyrus tv pop star was in the news she sent some nearly nude photos to her boyfriend a hacker got in her email account or phones picture sending I can't remember which and plastered the pictures of the near nude teen star all over the news and internet. So imagine what they would do if they hacked the Presidents email straight from his BlackBerry the news media would eat it up and embarass the whole country, We don't want another Bill Clinton issue (remember that one)
    He's human he's gonna make mistakes in emailing friends and family the information that could embarass him so they opt for the President to cancel email and only use their secure media and be monitored 24/7. Face it he is exposed to every Top Secret file, archive, and everything so he is a huge security risk if the wrong people could manage to get him.
    11-17-08 07:47 AM
    I did not vote for him but I feel his pain...lol
    11-17-08 10:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD