In this post I want to talk about what RIM should have added to the already awesome Bold 99XX series. I am writing down one extra feature which looks achievable but hey this is a forum so you guys can add on too!! Ill update this post from time to time with your quotes!

My idea on a feature which should be added to OS 7:
    Ok it may look like I COPIED iOS 5 but actually I took inspiration so trolls don't give me the junk. I wish RIM could add a system which is also in iOS 5: Finger gestures. I love my 9930. I really do. Sometimes I'm only using my touchscreen when bam! I wanna open up the multi-tasking selector (the thing that opens up when you press the menu key for a bit) Now because I'm using the touchscreen its a bit odd to drop your finger down to click the menu key and then move it back to the touchscreen to click on again. Yes I am lazy but don't you think that RIM should add on something like this?:
    If you swipe 2 or 3 fingers across the screen the multi tasking thing shows up.
    Cool right? Now what happens if you wanted to do the following?:
    Nokia phone with a 5-way click thingy work like this:
    They have 4 way navigational input and a single click button like out trackpad. I noticed that when your on the homescreen if you clicked up on the 4 way pad then it would open an app. Same way with the other 3 ways. You could also go into setting and customize the apps that you want to open (I want calculator but you might want messages). Maybe RIM could do that with the touchscreen. On the homescreen if you swipe from top to bottom it opens an app (two fingers needed for swipe). If you swipe from bottom to top (two fingers) it will open an app of your choice etc. Now when your in an app I would LOVE this feature. I already allotted the left to right as the multi tasker. What happens if within an app if you swipe down with 2 fingers and it tells the BB to shut the app. I wanted shutting the app because lots of people don't and then complain their battery is dead. Also within an app if you swipe up then you got your notification panel sliding down and then when your done you slide it up. That's all I got for now but what do you guys think? Would these features be awesome? Would they be worth it? Should RIM actually incorporate them? Do you have ideas? Write them all below! I am glad to interact and discuss this stuff!!!!!!!!!

EXTRA SUGGESTIONS

-By sir.dangelfield

I worry about a banking app guiding an opportunist
    directly to my account. the mobile browsers are great
    for me and history is immediately deleted afterwards.
    I would like to see a search by phone number option,
    hopefully I havent just missed this feature. Also I cant
    wait for NFC transactions with friends and stores.

-By Jugs:

The craziest thing about ios and android that
    blackberry os needs, is these new things.. They're
    called apps! They do stuff. Real cutting edge.

-By Dadymon:

I would love to see HOTSPOT added to os7!

-By Chrisy520

Mobile Hotspot
    Camera Mute Option
    Visual Calendar or updated calendar
    Widget-like apps like BeWeather
    Option to always show HTML in email
    Flash browser

-By deRusset

What RIM should have added to OS7, and I would hope
    add soon
    > comma delimited Word Substitution importing /
    pushing ( import autotext from a file or have BES admin
    push a corporate set to phones)
    > Theme Builder / and Application porter so Developers
    can move OS6 apps easily, and themers can make my
    phone more functional
    > Calendar on the Homescreen (Home | Outlook on the
    Desktop) ( I want this for my phone and playbook
    soooooooooooo bad)
    > NFC Contact Sharing,
    > Colour options in the Calendar, with a view to include
    emails within the calendar, for scheduling.
    > Ability to change the orientation of the "App Panels"
    like you can do with the Start Menu in Windows, I would
    prefer to swipe laterally to scroll through a pane and
    vertically to change panes
    > Better integration of BlackBerry Travel with Calendar/
    email, and less buttons to press when having multiple
    groups
    > BBM multi lists! I would love to have BBM status for
    Business and BBM status for personal, and my users on
    each phone divided as such
    Last edited by ichat; 10-11-11 at 09:49 AM.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-09-11 10:21 AM
    Hold your finger on the screen. Menu pops up. Touch "switch application". It's already there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-11 10:49 AM
    Hold your finger on the screen. Menu pops up. Touch "switch application". It's already there.

Yes I know its there its just a different concept

10-09-11 10:59 AM
    Yes I know its there its just a different concept
    So why should RIM change it if it's already there, just to be like other cellphones? People want innovation, not duplication. If RIM were to change it to be like the other cell phones, then all they'd be doing is copying what the others did, and that's not very innovative.
    10-09-11 11:23 AM
    So why should RIM change it if it's already there, just to be like other cellphones? People want innovation, not duplication. If RIM were to change it to be like the other cell phones, then all they'd be doing is copying what the others did, and that's not very innovative.
    Alright if you hold down your finger on the screen for a few seconds and then click switch app it takes longer right? This is a new concept in which I took inspiration from iOS 5

10-09-11 11:26 AM
    The craziest thing about ios and android that blackberry os needs, is these new things.. They're called apps! They do stuff. Real cutting edge.
    10-09-11 11:33 AM
    The craziest thing about ios and android that blackberry os needs, is these new things.. They're called apps! They do stuff. Real cutting edge.
    Lolz you got me laughing. Yes they do need apps. I agree but not the silly ones

10-09-11 11:37 AM
    They need to provide way more productive applications to the OS... I mean I have to use ipod touch for almost all my productivity things like banking for example... Capital one has a app.. RIM needs to get on board with them!

10-09-11 02:29 PM
    Alright if you hold down your finger on the screen for a few seconds and then click switch app it takes longer right? This is a new concept in which I took inspiration from iOS 5

It's not a few seconds, it's a second and you can adjust the time it takes to pop up in the settings.
    10-09-11 03:11 PM
    In this post I want to talk about what RIM should have added to the already awesome Bold 99XX series. I am writing down one extra feature which looks achievable but hey this is a forum so you guys can add on too!! Ill update this post from time to time with your quotes!

My idea on a feature which should be added to OS 7:
    Ok it may look like I COPIED iOS 5 but actually I took inspiration so trolls don't give me the junk. I wish RIM could add a system which is also in iOS 5: Finger gestures. I love my 9930. I really do. Sometimes I'm only using my touchscreen when bam! I wanna open up the multi-tasking selector (the thing that opens up when you press the menu key for a bit) Now because I'm using the touchscreen its a bit odd to drop your finger down to click the menu key and then move it back to the touchscreen to click on again. Yes I am lazy but don't you think that RIM should add on something like this?:
    If you swipe 2 or 3 fingers across the screen the multi tasking thing shows up.
    Cool right? Now what happens if you wanted to do the following?:
    Nokia phone with a 5-way click thingy work like this:
    They have 4 way navigational input and a single click button like out trackpad. I noticed that when your on the homescreen if you clicked up on the 4 way pad then it would open an app. Same way with the other 3 ways. You could also go into setting and customize the apps that you want to open (I want calculator but you might want messages). Maybe RIM could do that with the touchscreen. On the homescreen if you swipe from top to bottom it opens an app (two fingers needed for swipe). If you swipe from bottom to top (two fingers) it will open an app of your choice etc. Now when your in an app I would LOVE this feature. I already allotted the left to right as the multi tasker. What happens if within an app if you swipe down with 2 fingers and it tells the BB to shut the app. I wanted shutting the app because lots of people don't and then complain their battery is dead. Also within an app if you swipe up then you got your notification panel sliding down and then when your done you slide it up. That's all I got for now but what do you guys think? Would these features be awesome? Would they be worth it? Should RIM actually incorporate them? Do you have ideas? Write them all below! I am glad to interact and discuss this stuff!!!!!!!!!
    Sounds a little complicated lol, and you do realize almost every letter in the qwerty can open an app or function in the phone from homescreen.
    sir.dangerfield likes this.
    10-09-11 03:14 PM
    I would love to see HOTSPOT added to os7!
    10-09-11 03:32 PM
    Mobile Hotspot
    Camera Mute Option
    Visual Calendar or updated calendar
    Widget-like apps like BeWeather
    Option to always show HTML in email
    Flash browser
    10-09-11 03:47 PM
    Wow thanks for these suggestions. Ill add them to the first post with names later. Thanks!

10-09-11 09:10 PM
    What RIM should have added to OS7, and I would hope add soon

> comma delimited Word Substitution importing / pushing ( import autotext from a file or have BES admin push a corporate set to phones)

> Theme Builder / and Application porter so Developers can move OS6 apps easily, and themers can make my phone more functional

> Calendar on the Homescreen (Home | Outlook on the Desktop) ( I want this for my phone and playbook soooooooooooo bad)

> NFC Contact Sharing,

> Colour options in the Calendar, with a view to include emails within the calendar, for scheduling.

> Ability to change the orientation of the "App Panels" like you can do with the Start Menu in Windows, I would prefer to swipe laterally to scroll through a pane and vertically to change panes

> Better integration of BlackBerry Travel with Calendar/email, and less buttons to press when having multiple groups

> BBM multi lists! I would love to have BBM status for Business and BBM status for personal, and my users on each phone divided as such
    10-09-11 10:40 PM
    Wow deRusset! Nice suggestions adding them in later!

10-09-11 11:29 PM
    Alright guys all of the new comments added

10-10-11 08:45 AM
    So what other comments do you all have about this?
    10-11-11 09:05 AM
    They need to provide way more productive applications to the OS... I mean I have to use ipod touch for almost all my productivity things like banking for example... Capital one has a app.. RIM needs to get on board with them!

I worry about a banking app guiding an opportunist directly to my account. the mobile browsers are great for me and history is immediately deleted afterwards.
    I would like to see a search by phone number option, hopefully I havent just missed this feature. Also I cant wait for NFC transactions with friends and stores.
    10-11-11 09:33 AM
    I worry about a banking app guiding an opportunist directly to my account. the mobile browsers are great for me and history is immediately deleted afterwards.
    I would like to see a search by phone number option, hopefully I havent just missed this feature. Also I cant wait for NFC transactions with friends and stores.
    Alright suggestion going up

10-11-11 09:47 AM
    How about adding a much needed option to OS6.. disabling panes in Home view. I'm sure that doesn't need a 1.2ghz CPU.
    10-11-11 09:53 AM
    How about adding a much needed option to OS6.. disabling panes in Home view. I'm sure that doesn't need a 1.2ghz CPU.
    Yes it would be nice but can you please stay on topic its about OS 7 not OS 6. Do you have any OS 7 suggestions though?

10-11-11 09:55 AM
    Yes it would be nice but can you please stay on topic its about OS 7 not OS 6. Do you have any OS 7 suggestions though?

I'm just sad how RIM has forgotten about its customers.

Anyway, multitouch gestures for OS7 on the homescreen for quick access to some functions.
    10-11-11 10:11 AM
    I'm just sad how RIM has forgotten about its customers.

Anyway, multitouch gestures for OS7 on the homescreen for quick access to some functions.
    EXACTLY what I said lolz. Well RIM has been better than apple at not forgetting about customers

10-11-11 10:13 AM
    EXACTLY what I said lolz. Well RIM has been better than apple at not forgetting about customers

Guess I should have elaborated. It'll be nice if RIM can add something like the N9's Meego multitasking feature.
    10-11-11 10:22 AM
    Guess I should have elaborated. It'll be nice if RIM can add something like the N9's Meego multitasking feature.
    Ok I see. Could you please add a link to a demo of the features? Also comment getting added to list tomorrow!

10-11-11 10:24 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD