The brand is living its worst days probably along the last 18 years. Day by day, BlackBerry value is diminishing. We already lost the huge value of a unique operating system and the hardware made by BlackBerry Limited.

Today, I think these are the remaining features that I will miss if I ditch my Key2:

- Definitely, the gorgeous physical keyboard.
    - Dtek app. I guess it is very unique and useful.
    - BlackBerry virtual keyboard was amazing before the latest update. I used to love it, but I really don't know why the keyboard is a big mess rightnow, at least for me.
    - I also feel safer with BlackBerry Secure software, but I don't know if it is more secure than Samsung software, for instance!
    - I don't use the hub or other BlackBerry apps regularly, but still love the phased out Power Center.

What about you? Where do you see BlackBerry value?
    What BlackBerry feature you really need?
    Do you think your life will be harder if no more BlackBerry devices?
    11-03-19 02:07 PM
    The brand is living its worst days probably along the last 18 years. Day by day, BlackBerry value is diminishing. We already lost the huge value of a unique operating system and the hardware made by BlackBerry Limited.

Today, I think these are the remaining features that I will miss if I ditch my Key2:

- Definitely, the gorgeous physical keyboard.
    - Dtek app. I guess it is very unique and useful.
    - BlackBerry virtual keyboard was amazing before the latest update. I used to love it, but I really don't know why the keyboard is a big mess rightnow, at least for me.
    - I also feel safer with BlackBerry Secure software, but I don't know if it is more secure than Samsung software, for instance!
    - I don't use the hub or other BlackBerry apps regularly, but still love the phased out Power Center.

What about you? Where do you see BlackBerry value?
    What BlackBerry feature you really need?
    Do you think your life will be harder if no more BlackBerry devices?
    I'll survive on whatever. But I will miss typing on a physical keyboard.
    11-03-19 02:13 PM
    Giving up the physical keyboard is definitely going to be the toughest.
    coffee-turtle and merlin29 like this.
    11-03-19 05:33 PM
    I miss PKB, but got used to black slabs already. BB death didn't make my life harder even for a second. I really don't drop any tears for ant brand company.
    cribble2k likes this.
    11-03-19 05:42 PM
    I miss PKB, but got used to black slabs already. BB death didn't make my life harder even for a second. I really don't drop any tears for ant brand company.
    Im certainly crying! I love my BlackBerrys and am super bummed over what has happened.

Should people be so emotionally invested in any brand? Sure, why not? As long as it's not hurting anyone. Will life go on? Of course it will. Will people continue to debate which is better, BBOS v BB10 v DroidBerry on CB long after the KEY2 Red Edition has breathed its last breath? I certainly hope so!
    11-03-19 07:00 PM
    I'll survive on whatever. But I will miss typing on a physical keyboard.
    Conite, I think time is well overdue for you to focus your efforts over on Android Central. We could certainly use your extensive knowledge over there.
    John Albert and elfabio80 like this.
    11-03-19 07:27 PM
    Conite, I think time is well overdue for you to focus your efforts over on Android Central. We could certainly use your extensive knowledge over there.
    It would certainly be a natural transition if traffic here gets below a certain threshold.
    Laura Knotek and elfabio80 like this.
    11-03-19 07:46 PM
    It would certainly be a natural transition if traffic here gets below a certain threshold.
    Which brand will you champion now that the BlackBerry dream is over?
    11-03-19 07:49 PM
    Which brand will you champion now that the BlackBerry dream is over?
    My preferences on Android are in line with the pure (or close to) stock OEMs - like Pixel and Android One.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-03-19 07:51 PM
    I just checked out the AC forums hoping to find some lively discussion around the upcoming Motor Razr and Unihertz Titan, but alas, not much meat on them bones.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-03-19 08:12 PM
    I will definitely miss the shortcuts and speed key. They were a simple but extremely useful feature. I'll also miss the slider with my day's calendar on it, the dTEK app, the rubber-like backing and the security that comes with every blackberry. The Key2 will be my daily driver for another 2-3 years. If I had to choose a replacement now, I'd have to go with the Samsung A90 or Motorola Razr v4 (upon release).
    11-03-19 08:23 PM
    I just checked out the AC forums hoping to find some lively discussion around the upcoming Motor Razr and Unihertz Titan, but alas, not much meat on them bones.
    I think the Razr will be my next phone, if all looks good on release. I was toying with the thought of the Titan, but as much as I loved my Passport, not being able to use it one handed is a deal-breaker, I think.
    11-03-19 08:53 PM
    I will definitely miss the shortcuts and speed key. They were a simple but extremely useful feature. I'll also miss the slider with my day's calendar on it, the dTEK app, the rubber-like backing and the security that comes with every blackberry. The Key2 will be my daily driver for another 2-3 years. If I had to choose a replacement now, I'd have to go with the Samsung A90 or Motorola Razr v4 (upon release).
    Yes, I forgot to mention the speed key and the rubber back. I love those and still don't know why all flagship phones are now made of glass and only glass!
    11-03-19 10:05 PM
    I think the Razr will be my next phone, if all looks good on release.
    The form factor of the razor is ideal but the longevity of the screen technology is a concern. Hopefully generation 2 of the razor will be robust and long lasting. At least it's a clamshell. That's a major advantage over the huawei offering.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-19 10:14 PM
    The form factor of the razor is ideal but the longevity of the screen technology is a concern. Hopefully generation 2 of the razor will be robust and long lasting. At least it's a clamshell. That's a major advantage over the huawei offering.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, that's a concern of mine, as well. With the constant opening and closing of the phone, it's hard to say how the screen will hold up. I'm hopeful in thinking that they've stress tested the bejesus out of it?
    11-03-19 10:38 PM
    Yeah, that's a concern of mine, as well. With the constant opening and closing of the phone, it's hard to say how the screen will hold up. I'm hopeful in thinking that they've stress tested the bejesus out of it?
    From what I have seen, the hinge is mutistepped so that there is no 90 degree bends. Unfortunately some of the Motorola design team have admitted that plastic covered bendable screens are their best on day one and only deteriorate from those point onwards.

One can only hope they get it right. The form is beautiful and is what a mobile device should be.
    11-03-19 11:04 PM
    From what I have seen, the hinge is mutistepped so that there is no 90 degree bends. Unfortunately some of the Motorola design team have admitted that plastic covered bendable screens are their best on day one and only deteriorate from those point onwards.

One can only hope they get it right. The form is beautiful and is what a mobile device should be.
    The flip Razr concept phone was shown over a year ago, and now it will see the light of day. It's been a long wait. Even my wife got excited over this (but not with the price, I'm not either).
    I loved my Razr V3. That was the best phone I've owned.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app
    11-04-19 03:14 AM
    The flip Razr concept phone was shown over a year ago, and now it will see the light of day. It's been a long wait. Even my wife got excited over this (but not with the price, I'm not either).
    I loved my Razr V3. That was the best phone I've owned.
    I owned one as well. A great phone that was so pocket-able. A razor + laptop was the outfit of the day.

One can only hope that some Android OEMs release some models that are smaller than the mega-slabs that currently fill the shelves.
    11-04-19 03:38 AM
    Stop trying to steal one of our best Ambassadors! ☺
    @conite
    11-04-19 07:49 AM
    I hope that doesn't happen. @Lex24 recently pulled together and created "current" documentation for BBOS (7) devices!

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...pdate-1178094/
    11-04-19 07:52 AM
    Stop trying to steal one of our best Ambassadors! ☺
    @conite
    Well, you won't need him for much longer anyway. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
    John Albert likes this.
    11-04-19 08:02 AM
    That's because devices have always driven the forum discussions; and until these are released there are only so many speculative posts that can be generated.
    11-04-19 10:08 AM
    The PKB isn't particularly valuable to me. I miss the way that BBOS and BB10 prioritized enterprise Exchange services over third party apps and created a clean, minimalist UX that was one-handable and content-centered, with monochrome text composition and editing in a dedicated window with no distracting controls or awkward gestures.

I have zero hope that Apple or Google will do anything to address my desires, so I'm planning to move more and more of my work off of mobile and back to my laptop.

As laptops become more mobile, and phones become larger and more awkward, I find more value in the older form factor.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    11-04-19 02:19 PM
    Doubt there will be either. Android Central and iMore both are lively around current flagship high volume models. It’s not just BBMo that gets ignored but LG, Moto, Nokia and the other second tier brands. It’s simply a numbers game much like when BlackBerry, Palm and Microsoft ruled the conversation last decade.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-04-19 02:40 PM
    Yes, I forgot to mention the speed key and the rubber back. I love those and still don't know why all flagship phones are now made of glass and only glass!
    Because glass is the only "premium material" that is transparent to radio, which also includes wireless charging and NFC for payments.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-04-19 06:25 PM
153 123 ...