I bought my first Blackberry about 2 years ago and at that time people were switching to Blackberry's phones etc. Over a course of a year people started going to Iphones, and Andriod phones all together. Even when I am on the train I see business people with Iphones more so than Andriods, or Blackberry's. If I had to put a number place on Blackberry for this I would give them 3rd place as I do see blackberry users on the train as well, and some teenagers use them, but now Iphones are the new thing today.

But what is wrong, why is RIM stocks failing? Why are people doubting RIM more so now?

Their products in my opinion are great, well not counting the curve devices as I feel that they are cheap but you get for what you pay for. But when you look at tech reviews for BB products they have high scores and they seem very legit, such as the playbook which has been known to be the top tablet for multitasking, but how come is it almost hard to find one in a store with ordering one online? How come when they say that RIM has no chance at competing in the market but their phones are just about great to go to head to head with an iphone?

Is it because no netflix, no skype, no apps that both the iphone and androids have? What is the main problem?
    09-05-12 09:07 PM
    To keep it simple and IMO, I think it's because a lot of people had BBs years ago and it left them with a bad experience compared to now.
    shemaree09, elibohnert and waker like this.
    09-05-12 09:15 PM
    To keep it simple and IMO, I think it's because a lot of people had BBs years ago and it left them with a bad experience compared to now.
    *cough* Storm *cough*
    09-05-12 09:16 PM
    *cough* Storm *cough*
    LOL. In retrospect, the name of that device is funnily ironic.
    elibohnert likes this.
    09-05-12 09:21 PM
    Most users will say yes to this--Is it because no netflix, no skype, no apps that both the iphone and androids have

And others will say outdated hardware or software...etc

You won't get just one answer.
    09-05-12 09:24 PM
    Most users will say yes to this--Is it because no netflix, no skype, no apps that both the iphone and androids have

And others will say outdated hardware or software...etc

You won't get just one answer.
    I know I asked people what do they think about Blackberry's they would say "Old technology" "They are a failing company" Its like did they even see their new products in 2012. All they tell me go buy an Iphone or an Andriod blah blah blah.

But how do people here on crackberry truly feel about BB10?
    09-05-12 09:29 PM
    The problem with Blackberry now is that it is does what it says it will. Unfortunately compared to the other platforms that is not enough. for me my BB does everything I need it to very well I'm happy with that. For some of my friends it just doesn't cut it.

on top of that you have some very smart people that compare the phone they bought 3 yr ago to the phone the bought yesterday and proceed to call it crap because it is out date and doesn't do everything their new device can.....
    terminatorx likes this.
    09-05-12 09:31 PM
    How about the complicated and expensive email/calendar/contacts setup just to have full sync.

I Just realized I cant have full sync with my Office 365 account unless I buy the more expensive plan! Only on BlackBerry would you find something silly like that. So I have to pay $2 more a month on Office 365 and migrate all my information over since they don't just let you upgrade AND I need to pay my provider $5 more a month for BES. This is what pisses people off! This is a simple and cost free setup with iPhone,. Android and WP7!
    09-05-12 09:33 PM
    The problem with Blackberry now is that it is does what it says it will. Unfortunately compared to the other platforms that is not enough. for me my BB does everything I need it to very well I'm happy with that. For some of my friends it just doesn't cut it.

on top of that you have some very smart people that compare the phone they bought 3 yr ago to the phone the bought yesterday and proceed to call it crap because it is out date and doesn't do everything their new device can.....
    I have a tour from a 8530 that was newer than my tour at the time, but I'm sure my tour is in its elder days compared to the Iphone 4 or the upcoming Iphone, but yeah "Smart" (idiots)
    09-05-12 09:36 PM
    *cough* Storm *cough*
    yep thats a big reason, they wanted a touch and they got the storm, the suretype was cool and gave you good feelings but it really lacked as a full touch
    09-05-12 09:46 PM
    How about the complicated and expensive email/calendar/contacts setup just to have full sync.

I Just realized I cant have full sync with my Office 365 account unless I buy the more expensive plan! Only on BlackBerry would you find something silly like that. So I have to pay $2 more a month on Office 365 and migrate all my information over since they don't just let you upgrade AND I need to pay my provider $5 more a month for BES. This is what pisses people off! This is a simple and cost free setup with iPhone,. Android and WP7!
    If you are referring to BlackBerry Business Cloud Service you can use a BlackBerry smartphone provisioned with either BlackBerry Enterprise Service (BES) or BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS). I would think the same holds true for Microsoft Office 365 since the business plans include free subscription to BlackBerry Business Cloud Service. Or am I out to lunch?
    09-05-12 09:52 PM
    IMO, it has a lot to do with marketing. RIM traditionally relied on carriers for promotion, and they still have not done a good job of promotion beyond that. Just look at the PlayBook. It's still an unknown. Apple has spent a billion dollars on marketing, according to the Samsung trial. I see its effect. I have people choosing the iPhone over BB because they hear so much about the iPhone. "It's better, right?" Is a phrase I hear often. Many users have gotten more use out of iPhone, but I have many users that regret their unresearched choice. We don't allow Android, but I see how it can become the alternative choice to iOS. I don't agree with the idea that every Android owner made their purchase because they love Android, its more a process of elimination based on the options available.
    09-05-12 10:00 PM
    In the beginning BB was cool, then

1. IPhone came with itunes integration and bigger screen with multi-touch, but an OS with lots of rough egdes.
    2. Then IPhone got faster and a little more polished, and android phones came with faster and bigger screens, more apps.
    3. Then BB storm 1 and 2 came with bigger screen but can't get touch screen right, and it was slow, and RIM didn't even know they are far behind at this point and believes the market needs to be educated about what they wants.
    4. Then Iphone 4 came with death grip but even more polished OS, and apps, and ipad, android is also getting more polished and even faster HW
    5. Then BB answered with OS 6 phones that were still so slow and still small screens, now everybody thinks RIM is a failure, and RIM knew it too but refused to admit it
    6. Then Apple slowed down with 4s, ipad 2, but android accelerated with a whole bunch of super phones, and RIM answered with decent OS 7 phones and half baked playbook but nobody cares anymore.

Now, Apple continues to slow down with a long Iphone 5, a incremental changed IOS 6 with features long existed in Android or even BB OS, and a connector incompatible with all the I-accesories from before, and Apple sues samsung to slow down Android competitors too, while RIM finally admit its mistakes in the past few years and changed leadership, refocus on revolutionary BB10, humbled down to improve app developer relationship, in the hope to become cool again

Nobody knows what's going to happen, some believe they know.
    09-05-12 10:11 PM
    The stock is undervalued. Total ignorance of the global market place (not everyone wants or can afford an iPhone) is why the stock is cheap. Wall Street morons are to focused on the USA and think that it is the only market out there.
    terminatorx likes this.
    09-05-12 10:17 PM
    Pubic perception and brand identity. To many people blackberry is that phone that allowed them to get emails. Iphones and android (or even specific brands like samsung) are the ones with apps and the ones "that have web browsers". I was in business meeting with a partner of ours the other day. He has an older curve on us cellular. Probably a 3 year old device. He was talking about his he was about to give up his blackberry for a samsung because the samsung phones can access websites. Lol.

He started out talking about how he needed to look something up on a website but could not because he only had his blackberry with him.

I explained to him that the os 7 devices have great browsers and showed him my torch. But it was like talking to the wall. In his mind blackberrys simply do not browse the web and samsung phones do.

There is not really a lot you can say in those cases.

So I really believe a lot of the reviewers do not spend a lot of in depth time but rather seek to reinforce some negative perception. They exaggerate things.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    09-05-12 10:26 PM
    The stock is undervalued. Total ignorance of the global market place (not everyone wants or can afford an iPhone) is why the stock is cheap. Wall Street morons are to focused on the USA and think that it is the only market out there.
    At some point, you have to assign some blame for RIM's market position on RIM.

I don't think BBOS is outdated, even now. I don't think iOS and Android are, in and of themselves, just so much better as OSes. For me, the measuring stick is productivity. I very reluctantly came to the conclusion that I could do way more on another platform.

RIM allowed its ecosystem to trail. I believe that is the biggest issue.

I like converged devices, and I understand my views are limited to what works for me.
    Syrous44 likes this.
    09-05-12 10:32 PM
    BlackBerry isn't linked with the best services out there! Like netflix Skype and all that good stuff. So in my experience using a BlackBerry, nothing is compatible with anybody else. I have BBM, but hardly have any friends to talk to on there. I have google +, but only get a poor version of it on my BB. It's all about the ecosystem. You can have a great device with awesome hardware, but if there is nothing spectacular to use on that device, then you don't get the full experience of what it can do. And BB is not made for average users. I have been using BB for a couple years now, and I still learn new things about it all the time.

Apple devices are popular because they are simple and are made for the average person. They have all the apps you need and they have great features and are easy to understand. Android has great stuff too, but it takes some time to learn about the device also. But they have all you could want!

BB is not a bad, they just need to improve on creating a user friendly experience with what most people want to use. Everything before OS 7 in my opinion, is terrible! OS 6 was a half version of OS 7. OS 5 and 4 were nice when they first came out, but compared to what's out now, it's in the dinosaur age! I just think a lot of people have had bad experiences with BB and usually that scars them. Why not get a cool iphone or Android with no problems at all! and more than what I need! Smartphones have gone beyond smartphones! They do more than just call and text nowadays. BB is just not there yet...
    Last edited by Maxey05; 09-05-12 at 10:58 PM.
    Syrous44 likes this.
    09-05-12 10:52 PM
    *cough* Storm *cough*
    I know it's like the proverbial red-headed stepchild, but you can't blame the poor Storm for everything. It's not like everyone who had a BB bought a Storm, then promptly dumped BB for good. Afterall, in the U.S., where BB lost the most, wasn't the Storm officially only available on Verizon?
    09-06-12 12:04 AM
    They refused to innovate when iphone came out, and told people that they didn't want touch screens. Turns out people wanted touch screens, the rest is history.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-06-12 01:05 AM
    I thought our biggest problem was that the name BlackBerry requires two capital letters to be written properly, whereas Apple's device starts first with a lowercase letter followed by a capital, and I swear 4 out of 5 people can't spell Android but instead write "Andriod". hmph

Written from BitPusher's BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    09-06-12 01:11 AM
    Nothing wrong with BlackBerry.. The market size for smartphones has increased dramatically.. and what BlackBerry used to be a big fish in a small pond.. the pond now has become a sea..

They are doing good.. they have billions in their accounts.. no liabilities.. 70 million subscribers.. I bet you would die to have that for your company.
    southlander and terminatorx like this.
    09-06-12 01:55 AM
    Re: What is really wrong with BlackBerry...

In my opinion, they never listen to majority... they were just blinded by die hard fans that no matter what they do or not do, they are still the best...

Sent from my BlackBerry PlayBook using Tapatalk 2
    Syrous44 likes this.
    09-06-12 02:04 AM
    @joshua_sx1 there will be something wrong with BlackBerry if the die-hard fans think otherwise.. and I don't think that's happening anytime soon!

BlackBerry by the community for the community!
    09-06-12 02:09 AM
    Even when I am on the train I see business people with Iphones more so than Andriods, or Blackberry's. If I had to put a number place on Blackberry for this I would give them 3rd place as I do see blackberry users on the train as well, and some teenagers use them, but now Iphones are the new thing today.
    I was far from keyboards this summer (excepted my 9900's ) and I spent a lot of time watching what devices people sported (Aug 2012 - France). Two observations :
    - People actually USING their phone (i.e : the ones I can see in action) were mostly (I'd evaluate this over 60-70%) sporting Berries. Young people first (Iphones in their parent's pockets and pouchs, I must say).
    - When talking about BlackBerry with (some of) these people they all sang the same tune : "apple is for the noob masses, droids for the nerds, BB is back in the hype now and ... I love my keyboard". I know this might sound as an "outdated statement" to N.A ears but this is what I heard.

P.S: this is a felt perception; take it as-is.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-06-12 at 02:41 AM.
    09-06-12 02:38 AM
    @Super_Fly.. I see that a lot too.. BlackBerry in the hand and iPhone in the pocket for those dull moments of application entertainment..

Other case.. BlackBerry given by company and iPhone/Android in the pocket.. Even here.. the person is stuck on BlackBerry because, colleagues, clients and friends are on BBM and they have to respond constantly..

The only time the other phone is out when they want to say browse the web (bigger screen) or use an application to book tickets or get some news stuff.. But even then I just use my BB to do the same thing and I like how de-cluttered it feels..

But anyways.. Stuff like Skype and Netflix, I've never seen in action. Although, I see alot of it used on laptops.. So I wouldn't take that into consideration..
    09-06-12 02:57 AM
207 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD