I am a new BB user (two days) I lost my internet connection and my phone displays that the "radio on the device is currently turned off" How do I turn it back on. As far as I know, I didn't do anything to turn it off. Help!
    07-18-08 11:03 AM
    Manage connections and put a check in Mobile Network box
    Also make sure your battery is sufficiently charged, at a certain
    point it will turn the radio off to conserve power
    07-18-08 11:04 AM
    Go to manage connections icon and there will be the option to turn radio on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-08 11:04 AM
    *echo* Manage Connections > Mobile Network > Check! *echo*

Helloooo.... helloooo
    07-18-08 11:05 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry.
    07-18-08 11:05 AM
    Thank all of you for your quick response. Internet is working. Glad to be part of the Crackberry family. What an informative and usefull site.
    07-18-08 11:10 AM
    Yes I ran into that problem a couple of times. For me it. Turned off when the battery level was too low. The phone shut the radio for the cell phone off but you can still access other apps. Just plug it in if you can. Lucky I was in the car when it happened so I just plugged in the car charger.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-08 11:10 AM
    Thank all of you for your quick response. Internet is working. Glad to be part of the Crackberry family. What an informative and usefull site.
    Welcome aboard. We are glad you're here
    07-18-08 11:19 AM
    My battery was fully charged so I'm not sure what caused it to happen. I have been filddling around with alot trying to become familiar so perhaps I did something to cause it. Oh well, I know how to fix it now. By the way........LOVE my BB!

Aloha!
    07-18-08 11:47 AM
    Also Hulagirl, this is also how you put your phone in "airplane mode" when flying... by turning the radio off. I take it you fly often? Hulagirl ---> Hawaii?
    07-18-08 01:08 PM
    Manage connections and put a check in Mobile Network box
    Also make sure your battery is sufficiently charged, at a certain
    point it will turn the radio off to conserve power
    Didn't I see in another thread that either the newer phones or a more recent OS (sorry, can't remember which) allow radio on until the bayyery power dies completely?
    07-18-08 01:20 PM
    Not as often as I would like, considering the price of airline tickets. Guess I will have to stick with a kayak! LOL
    07-18-08 01:20 PM
    Didn't I see in another thread that either the newer phones or a more recent OS (sorry, can't remember which) allow radio on until the bayyery power dies completely?
    I have no idea, but I can tell you that Li-Ion batteries do not do well
    over the long haul when they are deep discharged. Top them off regularly
    and you will have no worries.
    07-18-08 02:02 PM
    I have no idea, but I can tell you that Li-Ion batteries do not do well
    over the long haul when they are deep discharged. Top them off regularly
    and you will have no worries.

Absolutely. I have seen this written in a number of places. I'm surprised how many people don't know this.
    07-18-08 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD