I don't get it, why do the majority of posts have to include the disclaimer, "Sent from my BB 10" or "Sent from my Passport" or whatever? I'm currently viewing a demonstration video of the Blackberry Hub over on Blackberry.com and just noticed that the default phraseology if that's even a word, shows the ubiquitous "Sent from my ..." phrase, and i keep seeing that disclaimer if that's what it's supposed to be, and I think I even see it on Twitter. Folks, it's annoying, it doesn't add or subtract to the flow of the thread, and rightly no one should care.
    It's not like the respondent is thinking, "I wonder what type of device he/she is typing on". Me, I'd rather know something important like are they wearing socks.
    Just a peeve type pet of mine.

Sent from my Dell XPS Tower Computer from my living room, and I'm sockless cuz it's summer.
    05-31-15 09:19 PM
    It's an email signature or if you're seeing it in a thread, it's placed there by an app. It can be enabled/disabled as one pleases.
    donemt, 21stNow and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-31-15 09:21 PM
    If you have business meeting what car you will choose to come and why? Honda Accord or Rolls Royce Phantom?

Posted via CB10
    Alexandru Debu likes this.
    05-31-15 09:40 PM
    Umm I actually look for that. Send from such and such device why being so mad over something so simple?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 09:42 PM
    Sent from my Dell XPS Tower Computer from my living room, and I'm sockless cuz it's summer.
    Seriously?

 CB10 - Q10 - 10.3.2.680 
    05-31-15 09:44 PM
    I don't get it,

Seriously?

05-31-15 10:26 PM
    Its a default signature. You can change it

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.680
    05-31-15 10:30 PM
    Seriously?

It would appear to be hypocrisy at first blush, but he's actually being sarcastic.
    05-31-15 10:35 PM
    In my 'pre-Passport' days I considered it a disclaimer, recipients would understand I was sending them an email from a mobile device so any typos would be quickly forgiven.
    Now, it's a statement of pride. 'Sent from my BlackBerry Passport' and you better bet that there aren't any errors in that message!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    05-31-15 10:58 PM
    Ease up there. It's a default signature, that is easily deleted or edited. Are you new to smart phones? This has been around for years - possibly decades. Believe it or not, "...Sent from my BlackBerry and in turn, "my iPhone") was considered by some to be an indication of prestige/exclusivity before every 15 year old started carrying them. I think at this point it's more likely folks just haven't bothered to edit the signature, or don't realize they can.
    acovey likes this.
    05-31-15 11:01 PM
    I don't get it, why do the majority of posts have to include the disclaimer, "Sent from my BB 10" or "Sent from my Passport" or whatever? I'm currently viewing a demonstration video of the Blackberry Hub over on Blackberry.com and just noticed that the default phraseology if that's even a word, shows the ubiquitous "Sent from my ..." phrase, and i keep seeing that disclaimer if that's what it's supposed to be, and I think I even see it on Twitter. Folks, it's annoying, it doesn't add or subtract to the flow of the thread, and rightly no one should care.
    It's not like the respondent is thinking, "I wonder what type of device he/she is typing on". Me, I'd rather know something important like are they wearing socks.

I like to see what device folks are posting from as long as they aren't obnoxious about it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-31-15 11:03 PM
    He has a point ,I too would like to know if people are wearing socks,or if they just sent me an email while sitting on the can would also be more useful then what device they are using

Passport,Q10,red Z10,Z30, bold 9900
    05-31-15 11:31 PM
    "Sent from my blackberry" is an important sig to receive if you are replying to a work email. The person that receives your email can see that you're away from your desk and does not expect long replies being that you're on your phone!

Posted via CB10
    nglfmark, 3Dee, highos and 7 others like this.
    06-01-15 12:05 AM
    Mainly I think those signatures are kind of outdated, coming from a time when mobile e-mail clients were something really unusual. It added to the character of a status symbol for those carrying around a smartphone while being a disclaimer for problems that occurred with early mobile clients.

The only real advantage of those signatures today is that the recipient can see that you're out of office. Other than that it merely serves as an excuse for sloppy typing, which it shouldn't be, and as a means of easy advertising for the smartphone manufacturer.

However, I have to admit that I still have it turned on my Passport, sometimes deleting it manually for certain professional e-mails.

Posted via CB10
    21stNow likes this.
    06-01-15 03:00 AM
    I like seeing what devices people are using here on Crackberry. I feel like people should be more aware of their email signatures though.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    06-01-15 03:38 AM

The sent my..... is basically to let your email recipient know that you are replying to him on priority from a mobile device and hence excuse the typos or brevity.

In my case I travel every 20 days to middle east for business meetings and I feel this option will also make my clients aware that I am travelling an away from workstation.

The above is for the email signature.

As far as thread signature,

You can disable that option if you don't want it.

Sent from Passport
    06-01-15 03:47 AM
    I hate signatures...

RED Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    06-01-15 05:02 AM
    If you don't get what the signature is for the you're obviously not a business man.

Posted via CB10
    TJ Strozier likes this.
    06-01-15 06:35 AM
    The first of these signatures came from iPhones, this was short before Jobs died. This was a kind of very cheap advertising. Apple misused their curstomers for this and those were happy to shout out all their proudness. I was appalled that my new Z30 sent the first test email with that same idiotic signature and it was one of the very first things I switched consequently off.
    06-01-15 06:43 AM
    In the forums it helps other people to find a solution- OS Specific or device specific.
    In business- when I see someone on a BlackBerry I know this company/person takes security seriously.

Posted via Q10Bold
    06-01-15 06:48 AM
    The first of these signatures came from iPhones, this was short before Jobs died. This was a kind of very cheap advertising. Apple misused their curstomers for this and those were happy to shout out all their proudness. I was appalled that my new Z30 sent the first test email with that same idiotic signature and it was one of the very first things I switched consequently off.
    No.
    BlackBerry was first

Posted via Q10Bold
    06-01-15 06:49 AM
    No.
    BlackBerry was first

Posted via Q10Bold
    Yep, I too remember some of my old BlackBerry phones had that.
    Sent from my BlackBerry� smartphone - or something like that...

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 06:57 AM
    No. BlackBerry was first
    Indeed? Which was the first device with that? Pre BB10?

I remember very well the first of these signatures which occured in web forums. Always "Sent from my iPhone" using Tapatalk.
    06-01-15 07:03 AM
    "Sent from my blackberry" is an important sig to receive if you are replying to a work email. The person that receives your email can see that you're away from your desk and does not expect long replies being that you're on your phone!

Posted via CB10
    I was about to reply the same thing! It just common courtesy for the receiver of the email.
    06-01-15 07:16 AM
    Indeed? Which was the first device with that? Pre BB10?

I remember very well the first of these signatures which occured in web forums. Always "Sent from my iPhone" using Tapatalk.
    The original bold had that sig. Waaaaay before iphones

Posted via CB10
    donemt likes this.
    06-01-15 07:56 AM
75 123