The main reason I have it is so I can use it with IM+.

IM+ has a push feature so you can shut down your MSN/Yahoo/Skype?etc. completely and hold conversations over email. Since the @blackberry.net account is one of the fastest to receive push, it's nice to use that one so I can stay on top of conversations when I don't feel like having the app running all day and draining my battery.
    02-16-10 10:35 AM
    Ditto. I also bcc myself on Lotus Notes meeting invites so when I receive it on my blackberry.net account I can accept them and they automatically go to my calendar.

I know archaic, but I don't have BES

The main reason I have it is so I can use it with IM+.

IM+ has a push feature so you can shut down your MSN/Yahoo/Skype?etc. completely and hold conversations over email. Since the @blackberry.net account is one of the fastest to receive push, it's nice to use that one so I can stay on top of conversations when I don't feel like having the app running all day and draining my battery.
    02-16-10 10:55 AM
    I have a client who uses a hotmail.com address. My business email is hosted on my GoDaddy.com account which I have listed on my BB. My work for him involves often having near instant access to email. For the most part, that worked just fine. He would email me at my GoDaddy account and within a minute or two, I was getting it on my BB. However, that is not always the case and there were a few times when it took a great deal longer (reason for which, remains unsolved). Ultimately, we decided to both use our @blackberry addresses and those communications are almost instant! That and for some reason, Smart Guard requires me to use my BB address, lol.
    02-16-10 11:12 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD