Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what is the purpose of a @blackberry.net email address?

Why would somebody want an email address that can only be accessed on a BlackBerry? I would think most people would want to be able to check their emails on a PC also.
    02-15-10 07:35 PM
    Usually on these forums I recommend it to people who are using an e-mail address
    that doesn't use PUSH. Like if they use an @comcast address or something like
    that, that doesn't use IMAP. When they say they would rather not use a Gmail
    or Yahoo account I tell them to just set the @comcast address to forward its
    inbox messages to the @blackberry address.

Even when sending an e-mail directly with the @blackberry address they could
    just use the @comcast address as the "reply to:" within their BIS settings.

Note: I don't know how well the PUSH is for an @blackberry address though.
    But apparently it pushes fine from what I've read on these forums.
    Last edited by forever29; 02-15-10 at 07:45 PM.
    02-15-10 07:42 PM
    Ok. That makes sense. I have IMAP through my ISP, and I also have a Gmail account, so I have no need for the @blackberry.net account. Now I understand why some people would want it.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-15-10 07:46 PM
    Unfortunately I have Comcast so I had to used blackberry.net as well.
    02-15-10 07:51 PM
    The @blackberry known as integrated email pushes faster from your device theoretically if you noticed, especially when your actual provider has problems with their mailservers. Good to be used as a backup when your emails can be cc'ed to here.
    02-15-10 07:55 PM
    People like it for the "vanity" as well.
    02-15-10 07:59 PM
    I prefer to use it when doing email that I don't want to use my regular e-mail address with. I've also seen some apps that register with your BlackBerry native e-mail account.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-10 08:04 PM
    I use my Blackberry.net address on my personal Blackberry to send emails to business customers, so they don't get my personal e-mail address,
    02-15-10 08:25 PM
    I prefer to use it when doing email that I don't want to use my regular e-mail address with. I've also seen some apps that register with your BlackBerry native e-mail account.

absolutely. I use it when I dont want to give out my home email. I buy a lot of stuff off Craigslist and we all know how that can go-LOL.
    02-15-10 08:37 PM
    I have most of my online notifications set to be sent to my @blackberry account. Things like Facebook, twitter, and such - I don't want the notifications to go to my regular e-mail and clutter up the inbox. Since they go through immediately with push e-mail, I get the notifications quickly as well.
    02-15-10 09:33 PM
    I use the @blackberry email for smrtguard being as though it asks for a device email. For anyone that uses smrtguard you pretty know why you would want a second email. Gibberish.
    02-15-10 09:57 PM
    I give it out as my "Pager". When I want/need someone to be able to contact me without giving them my cellphone number.
    02-15-10 09:58 PM
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what is the purpose of a @blackberry.net email address?

Why would somebody want an email address that can only be accessed on a BlackBerry? I would think most people would want to be able to check their emails on a PC also.
    Aside from everything else others have said, it's not that easy to use this address ... [email protected]? Not an easy address to give others.
    02-15-10 10:21 PM
    I give it out as my "Pager". When I want/need someone to be able to contact me without giving them my cellphone number.
    That makes sense. I would probably give them my PIN instead, though.

02-15-10 10:24 PM
    ===== QUOTE lak611 ====

===== /QUOTE ====

Aside from everything else others have said, it's not that easy to use this address ... [email protected]? Not an easy address to give others.
    I give people my PIN if I don't want to give them an email address or phone number.

02-15-10 10:26 PM
    That's what I use google voice for
    02-15-10 10:29 PM
    That's what I use google voice for
    Darn good idea.
    02-15-10 10:41 PM
    I give people my PIN if I don't want to give them an email address or phone number.

To me, that's just like giving your phone... your pin won't change unless you change your BB. They can send you pin messages instead of bbm, in case you may be thinking you would just deny them on bbm.
    02-15-10 11:17 PM
    absolutely. I use it when I dont want to give out my home email. I buy a lot of stuff off Craigslist and we all know how that can go-LOL.
    I use my Gmail address for that.
    02-15-10 11:19 PM
    I have most of my online notifications set to be sent to my @blackberry account. Things like Facebook, twitter, and such - I don't want the notifications to go to my regular e-mail and clutter up the inbox. Since they go through immediately with push e-mail, I get the notifications quickly as well.
    Ok. I don't do Facebook, Myspace or Twitter.
    02-15-10 11:20 PM
    To me, that's just like giving your phone... your pin won't change unless you change your BB. They can send you pin messages instead of bbm, in case you may be thinking you would just deny them on bbm.
    I haven't had any issues with PIN message spamming. That is a good thing to keep in mind, though.
    02-15-10 11:22 PM
    +1 on Google Voice. Best thing to use when you don't wanna give your real number to a chick.

02-16-10 09:18 AM
    When i dl stuff like walls, and ringtones from here thats where i have it sent as to not clutter up my other email. My employer uses it as a backup when our outlook server is down.
    02-16-10 09:22 AM
    Google voice is not availaible here in the U.K
    02-16-10 09:29 AM
    Google Voice !!

Giving out your Pin only works if the other person uses a BB also
    02-16-10 10:32 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD