Hello, this is my first post here.

I don�t want to sound negative or anti Blackberry. Nothing is further from the truth and I would like to own a Blackberry, but��.

At present, I am with 3 and I have their X Series Silver package (�5 month) which gives me 1 GB of data and all of my email is pushed to my phone via 3�s Email on 3 service at no extra charge. I use an HTC tytn II phone running Windows Mobile 6. I have my own domain for email hosted by Strato (German Company) which is an IMAP account.

New massages always appear on the phone within 1 minute of them being sent and this is sometimes before they appear in Outlook. The phone is perfectly 2 way synced OTA with my desktop and laptop and all subfolders within the IMAP account appear on the phone. I use Plaxo Mobile to OTA sync the outlook calendar and contacts (about �3 per month). So for �8 per month extra to my phone contract, I get 1 GB of mobile data and perfectly 2 way synced mail, calendar and contacts all OTA.

I was under the impression that Blackberry was "THE" mobile Email device. I thought that a Blackberry was what it was all about. Email Email Email! I don�t mind paying a bit extra on the Vodafone contract for a snazzy new phone which will handle email, calendar and contacts with panache!. But will it?

My understanding from a little bit of research is that the Blackberry isn�t very good on the BIS service. It won�t 2 way sync my mail, it won�t load up sub folders within my IMAP account, it won�t sync my Calendar and it won�t Sync my contacts. Oh, but it will if I shell out a bucket load more cash for the BES service on top of everything else, but why should I when I can get it all at a fraction of the cost with 3 on a Windows based phone?

Please, someone tell me that I have got this all wrong because I really can�t see the point of the Blackberry. It does not seem to be very good at what it is supposed to excel at.

I would love to have a Blackberry and will join Vodafone to get one. But I just can�t live with the inferior service. Unless, as I say, I have miss-understood something because at the moment, I just don't get it.

Help or advice gratefully received!
    03-27-09 12:34 PM
    Please, someone tell me that I have got this all wrong because I really can�t see the point of the Blackberry. It does not seem to be very good at what it is supposed to excel at.
    I would love to have a Blackberry and will join Vodafone to get one. But I just can�t live with the inferior service. Unless, as I say, I have miss-understood something because at the moment, I just don't get it.
    If you currently believe that a BB is inferior and does not do it's designed purpose, then why would you love to have one?
    03-27-09 12:38 PM
    Sounds like you should stay where you are. If you are happy with what you have, you shouldn't change everything JUST to own a Blackberry.
    03-27-09 12:42 PM
    Armedtank is right. If your current phone serves all your needs then you should not switch. It wouldn't make sense to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 12:52 PM
    Thanks for the replies.

I think that you are right, a Blackberry probably won't meet my needs. If I am honest, I wanted one because I think they look stylish! I'm not prepared to accept inferior performance for a nice looking phone though.

Regards
    03-27-09 12:58 PM
    Good idea, knifed.
    03-27-09 12:59 PM
    BBM!

lol seriously though, if your fine with what you have then go ahead and stay.

But blackberry has been and will most likely always be the best business phone.
    Whether its Trackball+QWERTY keyboard like most blackberrys or a SurePress touchscreen like the storm blackberry excels in usablilty and features.

there will always be more applications and software availible to make your life easier for blackberry than lets say HTC just because there is a much larger market.
    03-27-09 01:01 PM
    If you currently believe that a BB is inferior and does not do it's designed purpose, then why would you love to have one?
    There's always that guy that doesn't read the whole post.

haha, Anyways. As far as syncing, I don't use that. I have two email accounts that I use on my bb tho and it works completely fine. I don't have separate folders on mine. I'm not sure if you're able to do it that way or what. I've only owned one for about 2 months.
    03-27-09 01:02 PM
    i'd like to know how he gets massages to appear on his phone. shiatsu? deep tissue? does he get a happy ending? if new massages appeared on my phone, i'd never leave the house. i need that new massages app, now, please.
    Last edited by necr0tic; 03-27-09 at 01:16 PM.
    03-27-09 01:12 PM
    Like others have said, if your happy with what you have stick with it. Dont change just cause some one else said they are cool, or thats the phone to have. Keep what works for you and makes you happy.
    03-27-09 01:14 PM
    E-Mail is what did it for me.

I can't stand getting my email late...

Or having to log in each and every time I need to check my E-Mail....

Besides, I Feel that most BlackBerry's Are Aesthetically Pleasing.
    03-27-09 01:18 PM
    Nobody needs a reason to own a BlackBerry, if you like them, get one...
    03-27-09 01:19 PM
    Because BIS is more stable and reliable than Windows Mobile 6.
    03-27-09 01:20 PM
    ^

Agreed and Windows mobile phones in general are terrible laggy and in my opinion a pain to use.
    03-27-09 01:23 PM
    I don't think a BB is inferior, HOWEVER it does seem that your Winmo phone is suiting your needs.
    03-27-09 01:24 PM
    Not a fan of WinDoze at all...
    03-27-09 01:25 PM
    There's always that guy that doesn't read the whole post.

haha, Anyways. As far as syncing, I don't use that. I have two email accounts that I use on my bb tho and it works completely fine. I don't have separate folders on mine. I'm not sure if you're able to do it that way or what. I've only owned one for about 2 months.
    Well, "haha", I did read the whole post. Apparently you did not read the replies. There's always that guy who responds without reading the whole thread first.

... If I am honest, I wanted one because I think they look stylish! ...
    03-27-09 02:23 PM
    email, iming, pandora/slacker, phone
    03-27-09 02:31 PM
    Free instant blackberry to blackberry messages anywhere around the world. That's worth so much. And I know if those messages got there or not.
    03-27-09 02:53 PM
    one thing i will add is i use the bis with the regular BB email and it doesn't have all the options for sub folders but i do not mind that there are also other benefits to the BES i am not fully aware of all of them as in i do not need it. but the one advantage to the blackberry is you can always download a different email application which can be alot better than the BB standard one. it is really all personal preference i have used winmo phones before and they were not terrible but i like the feel of the BB but you might be different. it is hard to say, but even if the BB is the same as ur winmo or even a bit better it probably will not be worth the difference in price.
    03-27-09 03:44 PM
    i'd like to know how he gets massages to appear on his phone. shiatsu? deep tissue? does he get a happy ending? if new massages appeared on my phone, i'd never leave the house. i need that new massages app, now, please.
    Hmmm... I thought there was a massage app. Didn't they blog about it a couple of weeks ago? It sets the vibration rates and pulses it for different massage modes....
    03-27-09 05:11 PM
    I came from windows mobile and happily sacrifice email folders on BIS for a phone that actually works

plus, there are ways to sync contacts & calendar with your BIS
    03-27-09 08:20 PM
    Nobody needs a reason to own a BlackBerry, if you like them, get one...
    Agreed. What is the point of owning a Blackberry? There is no point, if you don't want one. I got a Blackberry just because I like them .

03-27-09 09:07 PM
    Thanks for the replies.

I think that you are right, a Blackberry probably won't meet my needs. If I am honest, I wanted one because I think they look stylish! I'm not prepared to accept inferior performance for a nice looking phone though.

Regards
    Inferior performance, huh? Although I disagree, the terminology used was quite comic. We are different people with different styles and needs. A Blackberry is definitely not inferior; it just seems that something else suits your needs better.

Good luck, though!

03-27-09 10:10 PM
    Well put josh. I was thinking the same thing.
    My balckberry is far from inferior to my ex winmo phones but there are more 3rd party apps for it making it more versitile but it creates lag on the device.
    Take the good with the bad

Ohh and why anybody would want to own a BB is to be a part of this kik arse community, lol

03-28-09 01:11 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD