I would rate these Blackberry phones in this order because I own them. #1 Passport and Priv toss-up #2 Z30 #3 Classic #4 Leap #5 Z10. Right now I'm comparing the Passport and Priv. All I can say right now is that after using both I hope BlackBerry can combine the two and they will really have a winner. Maybe call it the" Priv-Port"

Sent from my Passport, because Crackberry app best on BB10.
    BerrySoul likes this.
    11-14-15 08:25 PM
    Personally I see the leap a downgrade from a z30. If you really want to upgrade to then I would say passport. Beast of a phone. Classic could be an option but I think it's overpriced

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 09:16 PM
    OP:

I've used BB10 and I've used Android, iPhone and Windows Phone side-by-side for a long time now. I have one phone on my business line and one personal. If you take the plethora of Apps out of the Droid equation, I prefer BB10 BIG TIME over Droid. I'm not saying that as a fanboy of BB10, but as a personal and business user. BB10 OS just flows elegantly and is incredibly intuitive and productive. Droid is more of the Open Apps and Widget formula experience that we've seen for years, just as iPhone is much the same as when they first started the Application Smartphone Experience years ago. There is nothing wrong with that, but I'm just stating fact. I played with Priv yesterday and I'd buy it if I was only going to have one phone and needed a plethora of Droid Apps, otherwise, I'd stick with a true BB10 Device.

I tried Windows Phone 8.1 for a year. Not a bad experience, but it's somewhat like BB in that not every app you want will be available at the Microsoft WindowsPhone store. Some are 3rd party and "work", but the experience is a little different. Also, the automation I had come to expect from BBerry was not always there. i.e., I have some "GoToMeeting" invitations on a weekly basis. Accepting those in BBerry puts the pertinent info into my Calendar and sends an ACCCEPTED to the meeting administrator. Windows Phone Sends the ACCEPTED and then promptly deletes the email invitation and all pertinent data. It puts "GOTOMEETING" on your calendar but that's it. All the information like call in number, password, etc. is deleted and you have no idea what number to call or the meeting details. It was a genuine PITA. There are always going to be shortcomings with other platforms. Even Droid handles these meetings a little clunky compared to BlackBerry. So you have to learn the issues with each platform and make a judgement. Sometimes you can only make these decisions AFTER you have used the new platform for a while, unfortunately.

In this vein, I just got a Z30 recently. I must say it' an awesome phone if you like a full touch screen. Fast, efficient, decent battery and large screen. If you are looking for a full touch screen, you may want to at least consider the Z30. My Q5 is fine, but I was getting very tired of Physical Keys on a BB10. I've also got an older 9900 that I can use and have used and before that a 9780 so the "real Keyboard" experience is wearing thin with me. I have no problem with a virtual keyboard.

You have to decide what you need from a phone. If you are App-Happy, then you need to consider an iPhone or Droid. If you like BB10 and are happy with the Apps you do have, then stick with BB10. If you have a way to try the Priv, then go try it and see if the limited BBerry overlay on the Droid architecture works for you. You never know, it may.

Good luck in your decision!
    Try the BB Passport SE and you fall in love with it. It is an amazing productive device.

  
    11-16-15 08:30 AM
    When u have the Leap in ur hands, all the specs issues disappears. They did a good job of providing a solid device at a great pricepoint. And at only $199, not a bad investment at all for 2 yrs. We have the Q10, Z10 and the Classic too. I would rate the feel and look of the Leap up there with the Classic. We are very happy with it. And my son has had a lot of compliments on his Leap.

Posted via Classic
    Was thinking of the z3 not the leap!�
    comment changed!
    Last edited by darkehawke; 11-16-15 at 08:47 PM.
    11-16-15 06:40 PM
    I have held it and tbh i'd always recommend a z10 over the Leap.
    But each to their own!
    It's not still selling for $199 though! that was an awful price point back then and would be worse now!
    Yeah, the Z10 with it's smaller real estate screensize and crappy battery life is great compared to Leap with its larger screen and superior battery life.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 08:34 PM
    Yeah, the Z10 with it's smaller real estate screensize and crappy battery life is great compared to Leap with its larger screen and superior battery life.

Posted via CB10
    Ahh ignore what i said.
    i was thinking of the z3
    11-16-15 08:44 PM
    Z10 is a great size to fit it your pocket, just a really poor battery lets it down

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 01:56 PM
    We played with the Priv at AT&T. My son's Z10 is dying and he was considering the Priv. The Priv is an Android device. Not BB10 like at all. My son loves OS10, so he is getting a Leap instead. Should arrive tomorrow. If u r used to Android (we have an Android tablet, S6 and LGG3) then u should b used to the Priv. Just don't expect it to act like an OS10.

Posted via Classic
    I think that's quite disappointing for most people who were expecting more of a BB10 experience.
    11-17-15 04:12 PM
    Umm ... BlackBerry Classic? BlackBerry Passport? BlackBerry Leap? Unless you need something with 128GB RAM, 98 CPUs and direct access to the inner networks of Google?
    11-17-15 04:17 PM
    I think that's quite disappointing for most people who were expecting more of a BB10 experience.
    My son was quite disappointed. He felt let down by BlackBerry. I was surprised. Had no idea he liked BB10 that much. Good thing I had him check the Priv out first. We saved tons of $ by getting the Leap instead and it's the phone that works best for him. Our Android tablet is collecting dust, lol.

Posted via Classic
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-17-15 10:34 PM
    I don't see anyone mentioning the Leap.

I know the Z30 has better specs but the Leap is newer and qualifies for the BlackBerry protection program and the specs aren't that much less than the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    The Leap is a really cheap phone. Not worthy of a protection plan. A good phone but close to being disposable.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 09:41 AM
    The Priv is an Android phone, nothing else. That doesn't mean it's bad and it doesn't mean that it wouldn't be a BlackBerry, which it of course still is, but it's just an Android phone so don't mistake it for anything else.

The phone doesn't attempt to be BB10, it's clearly targeted towards the Android user base while passing on some of the well known BlackBerry strengths, like a good physical keyboard.

Essentially this means that if you don't like Android at all, you won't suddenly like it because it's built by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Tony Edwards10 likes this.
    11-18-15 02:00 PM
    I'm knocking on the door of a Classic most likely.. from a Z10/Q10

 Pin: 2BD2A1FD| ‎  вιaсĸвεггч� Q❿/Z❿
    11-18-15 07:54 PM
    The Priv is an Android phone, nothing else. That doesn't mean it's bad and it doesn't mean that it wouldn't be a BlackBerry, which it of course still is, but it's just an Android phone so don't mistake it for anything else.

The phone doesn't attempt to be BB10, it's clearly targeted towards the Android user base while passing on some of the well known BlackBerry strengths, like a good physical keyboard.

Essentially this means that if you don't like Android at all, you won't suddenly like it because it's built by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    I'm swirling these thoughts in my mind just like a lozenge in mouth or red in the glass...

Tastes like you're on to something... ;-)

�   AC/CB - back in black or highway to mobile h*ll? ;-P   �
    11-18-15 09:02 PM
    Try the BB Passport SE and you fall in love with it. It is an amazing productive device.

  
    I have no doubt. I resisted BB10 for years, sticking with my 9900 Bridged to my Playbook. I could not possibly see how BB10 could be better than my 9900's 07 and BIS. Silly me. When I finally succumbed to the prodding by members here to TRY BB10, I was blown away. Now I'm pissed that BB may be abandoning the fine-tuning of the AWESOME platform for Droid phones.

So, when someone says I'll love the Passport, I hear them. I no longer doubt users here. I wish I'd jumped on BB10 sooner, but better late than never. I LOVE my Z30. I'll try a Passport when it dips below $300 on Amazon.
    11-18-15 09:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well said.. nuff said bud

 Pin: 2BD2A1FD| ‎  вιaсĸвεггч� Q❿/Z❿
    11-19-15 12:23 AM
    After all reviews of the Priv I'm losing interest in it( I will buy it when price will drop a little bit, to have my own experience, but I guess Passport will beat Priv in my eyes.

Posted via CB10
    Completely agree. There's a lot that needs to be fixed, the price is high and there's atleast 1 more BlackBerry to come. Definitely not looking forward to the recent leak. But I'm really curious to see if the next one is a passport 2. But I doubt it considering that would've been a November release rather than march since it's the top dog. Most likely next november.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 12:33 AM
42 12