Just under 5 months to go and will be looking for my next phone.

Loved my Z10, except for a few gripes.. poor battery, poor app integration, and sub standard camera.

Said I would never use a droid or iphone again and was looking at windows phones.

The priv seems quite interesting and I was wondering if anybody had tried one yet..

Is it similar to BB10 or more luke a traditional droid?

Posted via CB10
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    11-09-15 02:49 PM
    Maybe try Prev forum . ??
    11-09-15 03:16 PM
    From reading reviews on here, android with a tiny bit of Bb unfortunately.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-09-15 03:37 PM
    Just under 5 months to go and will be looking for my next phone.

Loved my Z10, except for a few gripes.. poor battery, poor app integration, and sub standard camera.

Said I would never use a droid or iphone again and was looking at windows phones.

The priv seems quite interesting and I was wondering if anybody had tried one yet..

Is it similar to BB10 or more luke a traditional droid?

Posted via CB10
    From what I've read, reviews and here, it's largely vanilla Android 5.1 with a few BB10 apps (Hub, virtual keyboard, etc) on-top. The BB10 apps are just that, apps, and aren't seamlessly part of the OS as they were on your Z10. BBM appears to be the Android version - i.e. no BBM Video calling.

There would be no surprises if you are used to Android, but I suspect you'd be disappointed if you expected it to replicate your BB10 experience. It's definitely Android, with a few BB10 Apps... not the other way round.

Most of the reviews I've read say it's a nice phone. Some have mentioned poor battery life and hot-running.

Lots of commentary over on the Priv forum... tho' you'll have to wade through dozens of "why is my order delayed?" posts to get to the reviews. A few people have posted personal reviews... seek and ye shall find!
    11-09-15 03:55 PM
    From what I've read, reviews and here, it's largely vanilla Android 5.1 with a few BB10 apps (Hub, virtual keyboard, etc) on-top. The BB10 apps are just that, apps, and aren't seamlessly part of the OS as they were on your Z10. BBM appears to be the Android version - i.e. no BBM Video calling.

There would be no surprises if you are used to Android, but I suspect you'd be disappointed if you expected it to replicate your BB10 experience. It's definitely Android, with a few BB10 Apps... not the other way round.

Most of the reviews I've read say it's a nice phone. Some have mentioned poor battery life and hot-running.

Lots of commentary over on the Priv forum... tho' you'll have to wade through dozens of "why is my order delayed?" posts to get to the reviews. A few people have posted personal reviews... seek and ye shall find!
    Great answer to the OP'S question, but if he checks out the AC forums I think he will get a far more positive picture.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2474 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    11-09-15 04:55 PM
    We played with the Priv at AT&T. My son's Z10 is dying and he was considering the Priv. The Priv is an Android device. Not BB10 like at all. My son loves OS10, so he is getting a Leap instead. Should arrive tomorrow. If u r used to Android (we have an Android tablet, S6 and LGG3) then u should b used to the Priv. Just don't expect it to act like an OS10.

Posted via Classic
    BerrySoul and BBerryPowerUser like this.
    11-09-15 05:57 PM
    Look, the Priv is nothing like BlackBerry 10 and that's fine. I love BlackBerry and I love the OS. The Priv is something totally new- at least for me- because I've never used an Android device before. But I'll tell you what, I Love it. It's different and it's kinda fun figuring out how to use it and what not. I appreciate the differences of the Priv vs the Passport. BlackBerry makes great hardware and the Priv exemplifies that.

I'm over the OS10 vs Android debate. BlackBerry offers both- choose your path.

Posted one-handed via Passport
    Blacklatino likes this.
    11-09-15 10:42 PM
    We played with the Priv at AT&T. My son's Z10 is dying and he was considering the Priv. The Priv is an Android device. Not BB10 like at all. My son loves OS10, so he is getting a Leap instead. Should arrive tomorrow. If u r used to Android (we have an Android tablet, S6 and LGG3) then u should b used to the Priv. Just don't expect it to act like an OS10.

Posted via Classic
    Ur son is a smart man. The BB 10 Os is a productivity power house. BB10 phones are simply the best.

  
    11-10-15 12:05 AM
    Get the Passport silver edition! You will love it.

  
    11-10-15 12:06 AM
    Ur son is a smart man. The BB 10 Os is a productivity power house. BB10 phones are simply the best.

  
    Awww thank u. He really enjoys OS10. He has the Pebble watch, BlackBerry bluetooth speaker and just enjoys all of the products. Down the line, if there are no longer newer OS10 devices, he will probably go Android, like a Priv like device.

Posted via Classic
    11-10-15 07:03 AM
    OP:

I've used BB10 and I've used Android, iPhone and Windows Phone side-by-side for a long time now. I have one phone on my business line and one personal. If you take the plethora of Apps out of the Droid equation, I prefer BB10 BIG TIME over Droid. I'm not saying that as a fanboy of BB10, but as a personal and business user. BB10 OS just flows elegantly and is incredibly intuitive and productive. Droid is more of the Open Apps and Widget formula experience that we've seen for years, just as iPhone is much the same as when they first started the Application Smartphone Experience years ago. There is nothing wrong with that, but I'm just stating fact. I played with Priv yesterday and I'd buy it if I was only going to have one phone and needed a plethora of Droid Apps, otherwise, I'd stick with a true BB10 Device.

I tried Windows Phone 8.1 for a year. Not a bad experience, but it's somewhat like BB in that not every app you want will be available at the Microsoft WindowsPhone store. Some are 3rd party and "work", but the experience is a little different. Also, the automation I had come to expect from BBerry was not always there. i.e., I have some "GoToMeeting" invitations on a weekly basis. Accepting those in BBerry puts the pertinent info into my Calendar and sends an ACCCEPTED to the meeting administrator. Windows Phone Sends the ACCEPTED and then promptly deletes the email invitation and all pertinent data. It puts "GOTOMEETING" on your calendar but that's it. All the information like call in number, password, etc. is deleted and you have no idea what number to call or the meeting details. It was a genuine PITA. There are always going to be shortcomings with other platforms. Even Droid handles these meetings a little clunky compared to BlackBerry. So you have to learn the issues with each platform and make a judgement. Sometimes you can only make these decisions AFTER you have used the new platform for a while, unfortunately.

In this vein, I just got a Z30 recently. I must say it' an awesome phone if you like a full touch screen. Fast, efficient, decent battery and large screen. If you are looking for a full touch screen, you may want to at least consider the Z30. My Q5 is fine, but I was getting very tired of Physical Keys on a BB10. I've also got an older 9900 that I can use and have used and before that a 9780 so the "real Keyboard" experience is wearing thin with me. I have no problem with a virtual keyboard.

You have to decide what you need from a phone. If you are App-Happy, then you need to consider an iPhone or Droid. If you like BB10 and are happy with the Apps you do have, then stick with BB10. If you have a way to try the Priv, then go try it and see if the limited BBerry overlay on the Droid architecture works for you. You never know, it may.

Good luck in your decision!
    Blacklatino likes this.
    11-10-15 07:31 AM
    I also thinking on my next phone and I'm really considering about getting the Leap to keep enjoying the BlackBerry 10 experience as long as I can, I will have time in the future to use again an android device.

Posted via CB10
    BBerryPowerUser likes this.
    11-10-15 08:13 AM
    Z30 or Z3 if you liked the Z10

Posted via CB10
    BBerryPowerUser likes this.
    11-10-15 09:09 AM
    Think I might stay with bb10 for a phone, and get an ipad or surface pro for a tablet.

The only apps that I may need is instagram, facebook, office 365

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 11:03 AM
    Think I might stay with bb10 for a phone, and get an ipad or surface pro for a tablet.

The only apps that I may need is instagram, facebook, office 365

Posted via CB10
    Surface Pros are great devices.

See if you can get a Z30, should get a decent deal on those and should fix the battery problem.
    11-10-15 11:11 AM
    Was thinking a passport but not sure yet

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 04:02 PM
    I almost went Passport. But after an old Trackball Curve, then a 9780, a 9900 and now a Q5, I am weary of keyboards. I type much faster and with a virtual, I can easily type with one thumb so one-handed, and I enjoy a larger screen like I have on my Android 5". I just like the extra real estate a large screen gives you to work. So I went with the Z30 and I love it.

But I understand the appeal of the Passport. I came damn close to buying it. If I was not "Physical Keyboard Weary" it would be my daily driver rather than the Z30.

Let us know what you decide on.
    11-11-15 02:57 PM
    I don't see anyone mentioning the Leap.

I know the Z30 has better specs but the Leap is newer and qualifies for the BlackBerry protection program and the specs aren't that much less than the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 05:16 PM

I know the Z30 has better specs but the Leap is newer and qualifies for the BlackBerry protection program and the specs aren't that much less than the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    My son just got his and we are quite impressed with it. Especially at a $199 price point.

Posted via Classic
    11-11-15 05:30 PM
    After all reviews of the Priv I'm losing interest in it( I will buy it when price will drop a little bit, to have my own experience, but I guess Passport will beat Priv in my eyes.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 05:38 PM
    I am not doing Priv. I have a new Droid on my personal line as a backup that works fantastic. I don't like Droid for business, and I don't care how you decorate it. BlackBerry is my business phone, and has been since 2005. I'm stubborn on this. I sometimes wish I were not, but that's the way it is. I like keeping platforms and lines separate. BBerry and one line for Business. Droid and a 2nd line for Personal. Droid is a great play phone and good for weekends. M-F it's all business with BlackBerry.

The Leap is a good phone, but I buy my phones from Amazon unlocked. The Z30 was actually a little less expensive on Amazon than the Leap. Not buy much but between $10 and $40 dollars depending on the seller. I'd use either, but I liked the looks and the feel of the Z30 better. But if you gave me a Leap, I'd not give it back. It's also a great phone as far as I'm concerned. I may get one when the Z30 wears out.
    11-11-15 05:49 PM
    u should try BlackBerry passport or z30

posted via BlackBerry Z30 ( best full touch)
    11-12-15 12:23 AM
    Z30 is really very well!
    11-12-15 12:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    The Leap is just a lower spec Z10 with a better battery.
    Considering the Z10 was outdated by the time it came out, i would be hesitant to recommend anyone to tie themselves to it for 2 years.
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-12-15 01:43 PM
    The Leap is just a lower spec Z10 with a better battery.
    Considering the Z10 was outdated by the time it came out, i would be hesitant to recommend anyone to tie themselves to it for 2 years.
    When u have the Leap in ur hands, all the specs issues disappears. They did a good job of providing a solid device at a great pricepoint. And at only $199, not a bad investment at all for 2 yrs. We have the Q10, Z10 and the Classic too. I would rate the feel and look of the Leap up there with the Classic. We are very happy with it. And my son has had a lot of compliments on his Leap.

Posted via Classic
    BerrySoul likes this.
    11-14-15 09:57 AM
42 12