Just had a BB Storm 2 and sold it due to it not being what I thought it would.
    All four of the buttons on the bottom started to slowly but surly stop working.
    I would go as far as pressing a specific button 5 times and it would not work.
    Drove me nuts so I got rid of it.

Anyways, now I can't make up my mind.
    I don't think I want another BB, just because there is so many other great phones way ahead of the race, from BB.
    Was thinking about getting a WM phone the HD2 if anything.
    But seeing how WP 7 will be coming out by Holiday of 2010, idk if I should wait.
    Currently I am using a piece of garbage cracked screen samsung eternity, can't hardly see anything on it. Fell of a 24' ladder on bricks so it's pretty messed up.
    Although I was thinking if I went with the HD2, "I am on AT&T" my upgrade is up in Nov 2010. I could get a WP 7 when it's up and have an HD2 and a WP 7, but would I then ever use the WP 7? hahahaha, I hate decisions.

I need a phone bottom line. Should I just get what's out currently?
    A$$ kicker is that AT&T will be the soul provider of WP 7. T-Mobile won't have any ahaha that blows.
    05-01-10 09:54 PM
    Would you consider Android? I just got another droid and sold my tour today. You just have to look at what phones you like and what you need/want out of it on a daily basis.
    05-01-10 10:52 PM
    You are on AT&T? I would definitely go for the 9700 Bold. But if you really don't want to go for another BlackBerry smartphone, then I will say that you could get a Palm Pre or any android device. Its a good thing to have options. I like when I am eligible for an upgrade or in a position to get a new device. The choices are endless, but if you do enough research, you will end up with a pretty good device. If you are thinking about switching carriers and want to try some android flavor come on over to Sprint. The EVO will be released next month and it is going to be a winner!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-10 11:06 PM
    I don't know... You see, these are BlackBerry forums so I will advise you to upgrade to the 9700 and I will tell you why: the real BB experience is the one you get with a physical keyboard, with a data plan and with 3G. If you got frustrated because of the Storm you should give the Bold a try.

That, of course, unless you're just looking for a tactile device.

05-02-10 01:30 AM
    well, what do you mostly ues a phone for?
    if you do more active communication (texting, email, etc), then the keyboard blackberrys will be more suitable
    if you do more passive communication (web browsing, videos), then something with a big screen would be good, preferably Android-based
    if you want a decent balance between the two, then give the Storm another shot and see if the next one works (I never really heard of the B4s suddenly stop working at the same time, so maybe the device got damaged or was defective. and just to make sure, you didn't just assume that the B4s on the storm were touch only and so you didn't need to click them but just touch?)
    05-02-10 01:50 AM

I don't think I want another BB, just because there is so many other great phones way ahead of the race, from BB.
    But seeing how WP 7 will be coming out by Holiday of 2010, idk if I should wait.
    Currently I am using a piece of garbage cracked screen samsung eternity, can't hardly see anything on it. Fell of a 24' ladder on bricks so it's pretty messed up.
    Although I was thinking if I went with the HD2, "I am on AT&T" my upgrade is up in Nov 2010. I could get a WP 7 when it's up and have an HD2 and a WP 7, but would I then ever use the WP 7? hahahaha, I hate decisions.

A$$ kicker is that AT&T will be the soul provider of WP 7. T-Mobile won't have any ahaha that blows.
    Are you still running 320 OS? If so that is more than likely the problem with you s2.

05-02-10 09:55 AM
    Would you consider Android? I just got another droid and sold my tour today. You just have to look at what phones you like and what you need/want out of it on a daily basis.
    I would consider an Android phone, but I think i'll end up with the HTC HD2.

You are on AT&T? I would definitely go for the 9700 Bold. But if you really don't want to go for another BlackBerry smartphone, then I will say that you could get a Palm Pre or any android device. Its a good thing to have options. I like when I am eligible for an upgrade or in a position to get a new device. The choices are endless, but if you do enough research, you will end up with a pretty good device. If you are thinking about switching carriers and want to try some android flavor come on over to Sprint. The EVO will be released next month and it is going to be a winner!

The bold 9700 does look like a great phone, but I just don't think I want another BB. I want a phone that I can customize and I do want a Touch Screen. My Upgrade is Not yet up, till November. So I have to wait, I will probably get the HTC HD2, and unlock it. And when my upgrade is ready get a BB or a WP 7.

I don't know... You see, these are BlackBerry forums so I will advise you to upgrade to the 9700 and I will tell you why: the real BB experience is the one you get with a physical keyboard, with a data plan and with 3G. If you got frustrated because of the Storm you should give the Bold a try.

That, of course, unless you're just looking for a tactile device.

I loved my first BB Curve, but that was back when you didn't need the Data Plan so I didn't have one. I will get another BB but not right now.

well, what do you mostly ues a phone for?
    if you do more active communication (texting, email, etc), then the keyboard blackberrys will be more suitable
    if you do more passive communication (web browsing, videos), then something with a big screen would be good, preferably Android-based
    if you want a decent balance between the two, then give the Storm another shot and see if the next one works (I never really heard of the B4s suddenly stop working at the same time, so maybe the device got damaged or was defective. and just to make sure, you didn't just assume that the B4s on the storm were touch only and so you didn't need to click them but just touch?)
    I use my phone everyday for everything you can think of.
    Web/Email/Text/Calls/MMS/Videos, I wilkl be traveling a lot this year with my Family before I go to Boot Camp "Marine Corps" So I want to be able to watch movies on it. I LOVED the SurePress on the Storm that was the main reason for getting it that and it was a BB. But it just started to not work 100% which really frustrated me to death lol.

I'll probably wind up with an HTC HD2. Beautiful looking phone, only thing is I will unlock it and it will be on EDGE.
    05-02-10 11:00 AM
    So did the person you sold your s2 to know that it didn't work right?
    05-02-10 11:39 AM
    So did the person you sold your s2 to know that it didn't work right?
    Didn't work right? Worked fine, except the buttons "sometimes" But yes it was explained in the description.
    05-02-10 12:11 PM

That is where I got the idea that it didn't work right. Since you specifically said "would not work".

Didn't work right? Worked fine, except the buttons "sometimes" But yes it was explained in the description.
    So it either did work or didn't.
    05-02-10 12:39 PM
    "Soul" provider! Gotta love it!
    05-02-10 06:12 PM
    I don't understand what you want from this thread? Your asking people who love blackberries what non-blackberry to get. I don't think his is the right place to get the answer you want. You have already made up your mind your not sticking with the blackberry, and 95% of the people reading this will tell you to get a true blackberry. That being a curve or Bold. Storms and Pearls are not designed for what the original blackberries were designed for. They are for the consumer market and haven't gotten the business attention that goes into the build of the Bolds.

I could never use any other phone because of my work, I'm a Major in the Marine Corp and a Military Contracted Astrophysicist for NASA's particle engineering research and Development department. I need the security and power only a blackberry could provide.

Thats why I need/love/use the blackberry. But again this is about your needs. I can't tell you what you need. Nobody on this site can tell you what you need. Only one person in the world can trully tell you what you need and that is you! You've already picked out a phone you think you will enjoy. You have all the informations we have on these phones, you are the only one with the information about your needs and likes. So your the only one who can choose so you need choose.
    05-02-10 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD