"Turn Power Off" does not reboot device. It just turn the device to standby mode; if something is messed up with your device, likely "Turn power off" does not solve the problem. Below are the options that you can do,

1) Pull out battery - this reboot device for sure. However it gets ugly if you have to do it on the going, walking in elevator...

2) alt-del-shift - only available to those with QWERTY keyboard. Not for Storm, pearl

3) Soft reset applications. There are a few apps out there

a) Quick pull. I think this is the oldest one. It works on most of old devices, but seems not working at all on some latest devices, I have heard complains about it. I tested on my two devices, it works on 8310 but not storm. it offers a free version with advertisement; but since I am having a corporate, I cannot use it because I don't want unwanted data traffic get recorded on the companies gateway. This one offers a nice feature - schedule, which reboot your phone everyday at scheduled time.

b) A+ Reset. It works on both of my devices. It offers a 7 day free trial. It has a unique feature I don't see on other reset app, which is one key press reset. I end up set one side key as shortcut to the A+ Reset shortcut. I like this feature because sometimes the phone does not respond well, I couldn't even launch the app. Press a key to reset always work well. I had to pay $2.99 to buy this app. This one offers the schedule feature too, which reboot your phone everyday at scheduled time.

c) ResetMe. This one is not stable; and I think it tries to offer you too much advertisement, which make it awful slow. And it works on one of my device but not the other one. It offers a free version but I think nobody wants to keey this app.

d) PBTaskManager. This one works on my 8310. But does not work on my Storm, it seems try to download and install something. I am suspecting it is also trying to collect my device information, so have a little bit concern about it. It is too expensive ($6.99) as it offers features beside rebooting phone.
    05-30-10 10:38 PM
    QuickLaunch also has a soft reboot feature.
    05-30-10 10:42 PM
    You missed one obvious option: NONE.

It is almost always unnecessary to restart your phone. Unless it completely freezes
    just let the phone manage itself the way it is designed to. This applies to ALL BBs.
    05-30-10 11:38 PM
    You missed one obvious option: NONE.

It is almost always unnecessary to restart your phone. Unless it completely freezes
    just let the phone manage itself the way it is designed to. This applies to ALL BBs.
    Good point! I always do a battery pull when I install a new app or theme. Otherwise, it is not necessary, since I close my apps properly and do not leave them running in the background. I do not need to do battery pulls regularly, and I have a Bold 9000, a device that does not have a lot of memory.
    05-30-10 11:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD