Plain and simple: What new or unique or "cool" gesture would you like to see be added to the Blackberry?

Personally, I would like to be able to lock the phone through ONLY using a gesture.
    I know you can lock it through clicking the 'lock' button at the top of by placing it in your holster (with the lock holster option engaged); but a gesture lock would be nice. Maybe swiping two fingers down from the top of the screen will lock it.

What about having a gesture that acts as a convenience key? You do some fancy 'swiping' action and it pulls up whatever you set your 'convenience gesture' as.

Any thoughts on what you would like to see added to the gesture capabilities?
    08-30-13 09:47 AM
    Place middle finger, fingerprint side up on the screen to initiate a hard reboot.
    08-30-13 09:50 AM
    Having too many gestures is not necessarily a good thing. People are confused with the ones already in place.
    08-30-13 09:51 AM
    Place middle finger, fingerprint side up on the screen to initiate a hard reboot.
    lol classy.
    I was in the airport the other day and I saw this guy kissing his BB (I think he was skyping his GF, at least I hope he was . . . )
    Made me wonder what feature "kissing your BB" would trigger. lol

Please don't try this. Very unsanitary =\
    08-30-13 10:01 AM
    I want to be able to swipe between apps. On the PlayBook you could do this so I would like to see this on BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    jevinzac likes this.
    08-30-13 10:43 AM
    I know it's not a gesture but I liked when the upper left corner of the screen on the PlayBook turns red to give an alerte

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 01:06 PM
    I don't know how it should be but I really want the ability to use gesture to switch between tabs inside the browser app. The current functionality for switching tabs is a little bit annoying to me.
    05-05-14 01:17 AM
    Volume up volume down fast forwarding and rewinding should all be with gestures

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 01:30 AM
    Gesture to close an app in addition to minimising it with up gesture. I think swipe up + left will be nice

Posted via CB10
    p_r_a_g_m_a likes this.
    05-05-14 01:32 AM
    I'd like to see a gesture that archives selected emails from the Hub. I guess what I want to see first is the ability to archive mails, and a gesture to do that would be nice.

Via CB10 on Z10 | T-Mo | 10.2.1.2156
    05-05-14 03:28 AM
    Swipe forward on keyboard to "undo"

Zee coolest flicking smartphone evah
    MaxR_A likes this.
    05-05-14 07:05 PM
    tap
    tap
    double tap
    swipe left
    flick right
    two finger swipe left
    swipe right
    long press
    swirly
    number sign
    shake
    four finger swipe up
    rotate left
    rotate left some more
    lay face down on table

to put it into low-energy mode.

Oh, wait, what? It's already in there? Oh. Nevermind.
    05-05-14 07:08 PM
    There are many different gestures that have the potential to be amazingly awesome, it also depends on their functions.

Without giving it serious thought and from the top of my head:

PlayBook app changing. It could swiping left or right from the respective bezels with one finger or two.

Swiping down from the top bezel or from the left or right corner bezel to access the pull down menu or more, from ANYWHERE, just like the good ol' PlayBook. It's very annoying having to exit an app just when you want to lower brightness or do anything that is in the current pull down menu thing.

Maybe swiping from the bottom left bezel is always "back" which would remove the back button from the bar at the bottom of apps.

Maybe swipe down to access the pull down menu thing or more access and having swiping from bottom right bezel to the options/settings/more of each app. For example, on android, the left button is back, middle is home and right is options/whatever, so BlackBerry 10 could have that but with swipes.

Also maybe swiping diagonally from the bottom bezel is back or something else, just like how android ports on PlayBook have diagonal swipe from bottom bezel is back.

I really want a more easy, convenient, intuitive, etc way of getting around BlackBerry 10. It's a pain the *** to me having BlackBerry 10 not be consistent or have standards. For example, some apps use swiping down for settings, some don't, etc.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 01:24 AM
    Swipe forward on keyboard to "undo"

Zee coolest flicking smartphone evah
    Very cool idea !

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 03:11 AM
    How about a new feature ... let's call it Gesture Control Center:

it would be nice if there would be something like "Gesture control center" where user has to setup or create gestures for a list of actions made available in this control center. e.g. in the Gesture Control Center there's a list of available apps to customize their gestures, Browser for example, list of available actions: Close tab, refresh page, move to next tab, move to previous tab, go back, go to front etc.. so a user can go through them and set up their most convenient gesture.

Also I'd like to use a pinch in gesture across the screen to close an app (like zooming out of a picture)
    05-06-14 04:04 AM
    How about a new feature ... let's call it Gesture Control Center:

it would be nice if there would be something like "Gesture control center" where user has to setup or create gestures for a list of actions made available in this control center. e.g. in the Gesture Control Center there's a list of available apps to customize their gestures, Browser for example, list of available actions: Close tab, refresh page, move to next tab, move to previous tab, go back, go to front etc.. so a user can go through them and set up their most convenient gesture.

Also I'd like to use a pinch in gesture across the screen to close an app (like zooming out of a picture)
    This would fill up the OS man possibly double the size of the OS with the amount of configuration that would require

Zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    05-06-14 10:09 AM
    For the browser, I wish that I could swipe left/right to get to other tabs like on Chrome.
    NG888 likes this.
    05-06-14 10:57 AM
    For the browser, I wish that I could swipe left/right to get to other tabs like on Chrome.
    This as well

05-06-14 11:08 AM
    This would fill up the OS man possibly double the size of the OS with the amount of configuration that would require

Do you actually know how these configurations are working and saved? because I don't
    05-06-14 11:30 AM
    Do you actually know how these configurations are working and saved? because I don't
    Not really a lot but for all I know from my adventure in Web Development, the more choices you try to include, the more codes you have to implement for pretty much "every possible combination ".. at least that's what I know of.

05-06-14 12:09 PM
    Not really a lot but for all I know from my adventure in Web Development, the more choices you try to include, the more codes you have to implement for pretty much "every possible combination ".. at least that's what I know of.

Yes I'm aware of that too, but I think it can't be that bad.
    05-06-14 12:33 PM
    Up and left customised as a soft convince key.

Swipe to the top of the screen would close an app while a shorter swipe up only minimises it.

Nothing more really because it would be become too complicated or conflict with other apps gestures.

Maybe swipe back in browser to get to the tabs.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 12:47 PM
    I don't know how it should be but I really want the ability to use gesture to switch between tabs inside the browser app. The current functionality for switching tabs is a little bit annoying to me.
    True.They call it a gesture based OS and the browser navigation is purely manual and not at all integrated with overall OS.The tabs should be swiped back and forth.

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    05-06-14 12:52 PM
    Yes I'm aware of that too, but I think it can't be that bad.
    From how I see it, I think it's just dependent on how much control you want to give the user

05-06-14 01:39 PM
    I was thinking the same thing!!! LOL!!!
    05-06-14 01:51 PM