what is the name of the file that stores the theme information (wallpaper/icon placement)?

Someone must know this!
    02-13-10 08:34 AM
    let me ask you this, what are you trying to do?
    02-13-10 08:44 AM
    back up/restore my icon placement & custom folders for my themes.
    Last edited by Zorbac; 02-13-10 at 08:56 AM.
    02-13-10 08:52 AM
    I'd like to know too! Saves the trouble to rearrange all the icons after reinstalling a theme.
    02-13-10 09:35 AM
    That information is maintained by the BB itself from what I've seen. Once you change icon placement for a theme, even if you go to another theme and then come back, the icon placement will be retained as you last tweaked it.

I would guess that that info is stored somewhere in Internal memory on the bb.

Frankly, there is a lot of "stuff" stored that I would like to know where the BB retains it, too. Like where are all the data for Quicklaunch and Shortcutme maintained. Same for twitter clients. I gather that this is part of the security of the device - keeping this stuff secret.
    02-13-10 09:37 AM
    Trying to restore a theme back to the native format???

main menu > options/settings > theme > select the theme you want > menu button > activate : wait a few seconds : menu button > restore theme defaults.

when you change themes and go back to them, they themes will be left the way you left them.

but it is impossible to set up your phone once, and have that exact layout transfer to any new themes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-10 09:39 AM
    no I am trying to backup my theme options. so no one knows where this is stored?
    02-13-10 09:45 AM
    no I am trying to backup my theme options. so no one knows where this is stored?
    Still lost.. .. .. on the huh factor.

02-13-10 09:50 AM
    nm...you obviously cannot help
    Last edited by Zorbac; 02-13-10 at 09:56 AM.
    02-13-10 09:52 AM
    your obviously not making your self very clear. With 48 views, and 8 replies, and none of the replies are helping....i don't think "we" are the problem on this one.
    02-13-10 09:58 AM
    All files on the blackberry have names.
    One (or more) of these files stores the information on icon placement for each theme.
    What is the name of this file(s)?

Is that clear enough?

I am not sure what you don't understand.
    02-13-10 10:05 AM
    All files on the blackberry have names.
    One (or more) of these files stores the information on icon placement for each theme.
    What is the name of this file(s)?

Is that clear enough?

I am not sure what you don't understand.
    here are the names of some of the themes
    net_rim_theme_precision_zen_480x360_b_03.cod
    net_rim_theme_att_zen_480x360_b_03.cod
    net_rim_theme_telefonica_zen_480x360_b_03.cod
    net_rim_theme_tim_zen_480x360_b_03.cod
    net_rim_theme_tmobile_zen_480x360_b_03.cod
    net_rim_theme_tmobileeu_zen_480x360_b_03.cod
    net_rim_theme_orange_zen_480x360_b_03.cod

Some other phone have other names depending on your carrier.... Those are for the 9700 using the 5.0.0.442 Operating System...

once again there is no way to "hide" themes or their exact layout....

https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0A...cHhjemZk&hl=en

That is what the Blackberry Zen file looks like when you open it.
    Last edited by mjneid; 02-13-10 at 10:21 AM.
    02-13-10 10:16 AM
    ya...i found the themes

where is the custom icon placement stored.

are you just messing with me cause you are bored?

or have you never moved icons from the default.
    02-13-10 10:18 AM
    ya...i found the themes

where is the custom icon placement stored.

are you just messing with me cause you are bored?

or have you never moved icons from the default.

IF you are just wanting to move the icons, highlight the the icon you want moved > menu button > move.... then move it...

the EXACT layout for the "net_rim_theme_precision_zen_480x360_b_03" theme is some where in the link i posted above....

and no i'm seriously trying to help you but i do not know what the end target of your question is.

02-13-10 10:24 AM
    IF you are just wanting to move the icons, highlight the the icon you want moved > menu button > move.... then move it...

the EXACT layout for the "net_rim_theme_precision_zen_480x360_b_03" theme is some where in the link i posted above....

ya I know how to move icons. I want to know where that information is stored.
    02-13-10 10:27 AM
    1: On your computer go to " C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files " then click on your OS that you are using
    2: then click on Java
    3: Find the theme file you want to look at
    4: right click
    5: open as
    6: use Note Pad

IF YOU MESS UP YOUR PHONE BY DOING THIS I HOLD NO ACCOUNTABILITY AS YOU ARE DOING IT TO YOUR PHONE ON YOUR OWN FREE WILL

and you cannot access the information from within the phone.. you have to use a PC (not a mac).

02-13-10 10:31 AM
    This information is stored in the "Theme Settings" database on your BlackBerry. It is backed up with all other databases during a full backup using BlackBerry Desktop Manager. You may also selectively back up just that database if you wish.
    02-13-10 10:42 AM
    I believe the original poster is asking where the device stores the information for theme XYZ so that if you change to theme ABC and then back to XYZ, the icon placement is left intact. If this is the case, I myself have not found this, but it definitely is stored somewhere when you backup your device through Desktop Manager because my icon placement is left intact when I wipe out my device and restore everything from the backup file.

EDIT: dustin.zack beat me to it with exactly what the OP was looking for! Actually that was nice info for me as well, just never bothered to examine.
    Last edited by dimm0k; 02-13-10 at 10:46 AM.
    02-13-10 10:44 AM
    Thank you for your help everyone!

I will look for the database.

02-13-10 10:50 AM
    1: On your computer go to " C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files " then click on your OS that you are using
    2: then click on Java
    3: Find the theme file you want to look at
    4: right click
    5: open as
    6: use Note Pad

IF YOU MESS UP YOUR PHONE BY DOING THIS I HOLD NO ACCOUNTABILITY AS YOU ARE DOING IT TO YOUR PHONE ON YOUR OWN FREE WILL

and you cannot access the information from within the phone.. you have to use a PC (not a mac).

I mess up my phone all the time...its why im looking for this info

thanks!
    02-13-10 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD