Since my 9900, I've slowly upgraded my micro sd card around the halfway point of each device cycle. Usually due to my card getting filled with photos. And to increase transfer speeds when hooking up that micro sd card to my computer to upload/download files.

Currently, I'm using a 128GB Sandisk Extreme Pro (U3, A2).

When I changed to my Motion, I was using a 128GB Sandisk Ultra (A1). But I changed that quickly as I found the Ultra cards slow.

Before moving to the Motion, I was using a 64GB Sandisk Ultra (A1) in my Z30. I had originally started with a 32GB card.
    08-11-19 10:18 PM
    I used to use SanDisk exclusively, but I had several die on me, and performance wasn't always great. For the last few years, I've used Samsung exclusively, and have yet to have a single problem, and performance is better too.

My current phone has a 400GB, and my Sony MP3 player has a 256GB (that was in my phone before I upgraded to the 400). The phone is an LG V30+ and the Sony is a NW-A45.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-12-19 01:05 AM
    I use either SanDisk or Samsung. I'm currently using a 256 GB SD card from SanDisk in my LG V20.
    08-12-19 01:52 AM
    I used to use SanDisk exclusively, but I had several die on me, and performance wasn't always great. For the last few years, I've used Samsung exclusively, and have yet to have a single problem, and performance is better too.

My current phone has a 400GB, and my Sony MP3 player has a 256GB (that was in my phone before I upgraded to the 400). The phone is an LG V30+ and the Sony is a NW-A45.
    I currently use SanDisk exclusively. No issues yet. Knock on wood.

Off topic: How do you like the NW-A45? It's on my "wishlist" incase I ever find a good deal on it. I just use the simpler NWZ-E584 right now.
    08-12-19 12:47 PM
    It's great. It supports MP3s and FLACs, and has a high-quality DAC. It also supports my playlists (M3L), and album art. I wouldn't mind it being a bit bigger with a bigger screen, but otherwise, I have no complaints. I use it as my 2nd-level fallback emergency music device (as a DJ), and occasionally as a primary source (for example, for wedding ceremonies, where I'm only playing 4-5 songs), and sometimes just for my own enjoyment.
    08-12-19 02:33 PM
    I used to be a San Disk die hard. Now I used a Samsung 64GB. This provides enough storage for me at a better price than the San Disk.
    08-12-19 10:33 PM
    Samsung 64GB in phone, 256GB in Surface. Have had two SanDisk fail, but these were used with multiple phones. So they had been used for years.

Have a DSLR that I hardly use... did pull it out the other day. It's only got 16GB cards, and I remember paying close to $80 bucks for those. Waiting for a 1TB card to hit $80....
    08-13-19 10:22 AM
    32GB.
    Same one since the bold 9900. Used it in my digital camera and one of my camcorders before. Still kicks butt.

If the card "fails" or "gets corrupted", you'll need to format it outside of android. Consider using Windows, or the disk utility on mac, or Linux? Disks.

It'll fix the file system.

From my BlackBerry Q5 on Freedom Mobile 3G HSPA+
    08-13-19 01:47 PM
    Samsung 64GB in phone, 256GB in Surface. Have had two SanDisk fail, but these were used with multiple phones. So they had been used for years.

Have a DSLR that I hardly use... did pull it out the other day. It's only got 16GB cards, and I remember paying close to $80 bucks for those. Waiting for a 1TB card to hit $80....
    Format the two "failed" cards outside of android. The file system obviously screws up itself (if it's microsoft-based, ie. fat16/32, exFAT). The card works fine afterwards.

08-13-19 01:49 PM
    Format the two "failed" cards outside of android. The file system obviously screws up itself (if it's microsoft-based, ie. fat16/32, exFAT). The card works fine afterwards.

We are talking a few years ago now.... the one in my Z10 just failed. Pulled it out and tired it in a couple of PC with some different recovery software. Nothing ever recognized it.

The other did work in my PC, but had a few bad sectors... I did a full format in the PC. Then put it in my Android phone and let it format it. Few days later I check it and there were more bad sectors than before and a new lost directory.... I chunked it.
    08-13-19 02:32 PM