Does anyone know how to find out from an unlocked Blackberry 9900 what the settings are inside the phone for data and voice? Is there a way to display this information from an unlocked Blackberry? I would like to know what the Mhz settings are.
    09-14-11 08:25 AM
    What do you mean? unlocked Blackberry has nothing to do to the settings on your device, unlocking blackberry is simply removing a security setting that is locking the signal to the branded carrier (also known as SIM LOCK), it won't effect any other settings.

Only that after unlocking the Blackberry 9900 it can be used with other GSM sim cards from all the carriers worldwide... right after inserting the SIM card into the SIM slot of the unlocked Blackberry 9900 it will get Signal and you can use it for calls / SMS.
    About Data, well sometimes you just need to update the service book for the those that your carrier are using to get data connection to work.

If you are talking about frequency bands that is set on the Blackberry 9900, it's built in in the device it self and nothing to do with unlocking. some made for those bands and some for others, depending on the carrier your device is comes from..
    09-14-11 10:49 AM
    your question is hard to understand..

BUT,,,,, is this what your talking about the CPU Cycles??

Specifications
    The specifications for the RIM BlackBerry Tour 9630 include:

Dual-band CDMA/EVDO Rev A: 800/1900 MHz
    Quad-band GSM/EDGE:1900/1800/900/850 MHz
    Single-band UMTS/HSPA: 2100 MHz
    BlackBerry OS 4.7
    512 MHz processor
    256MB ROM
    microSD card slot with SDHC support
    QWERTY keyboard and trackball
    Integrated GPS/A-GPS receiver
    Bluetooth 2.0 with A2DP support
    2.44 inch 480360 pixels 65k colors display
    3.2 megapixel camera with flash light and auto focus
    3.5 mm headset jack
    1400 mAh battery

09-14-11 11:04 AM
    Thanks, let me be more specific. I live in Bermuda and my provider is M3 Wireless. Not that this makes any difference.
    I ship in an unlocked phone from the US which is an unlocked AT&T and the voice does not work in 3G only the data works in 3G. So I end up using the phone in 2G. I ship an unlocked phone in from Europe and neither the voice or the data work in 3G. So again I end up using the phone in 2G.
    Can my new 9900 be adapted to work in Bermuda which must be on different Mhz cycles or they are blocking all imports somehow. Just curious how all this works.
    09-14-11 11:17 AM
    I don't know- I googled it & came up with these comments that might help..
    Doesn't look like a MHz issue

All 3G cellphone systems carry both voice and data. A phone can be in either GSM or 3G mode, it cannot be in both at the same time. If 3G is enabled then it will be used for both voice and data. If the phone is in GSM mode then it cannot take advantage of 3G services or data rates.

Note that some countries, such as Japan, have ONLY 3G deployed and don't have any GSM networks at all (which is why the current GSM-only iPhone can't work in Japan).

Some advantages of 3G for voice: less power usage during standby (but more during actual communication), higher quality voice calls (full rate AMR codec vs. the half rate codec used by many GSM operators), can send and receive data packets while in the middle of a voice call, supports 2-way video calling (if the phone has the hardware to support it).
    AND

Actually you can not use 3G for voice and data at the same time. AT&T does not use 3G for voice on any phone. It is a limit that they have set on their end, not on the phone. 3G is only used for data through AT&T. This is why you CAN use data and voice at the same time. Other companies, such as Sprint and T-Mobile, use 3G for voice and data. Which is why you CAN NOT use voice and data at the same time.

I dunno if that helps or confuses the issue more..
    OR maybe I'm confused..
    Probably depends on what provider you have in Bermuda..
    09-14-11 11:32 AM
    Thanks, let me be more specific. I live in Bermuda and my provider is M3 Wireless. Not that this makes any difference.
    I ship in an unlocked phone from the US which is an unlocked AT&T and the voice does not work in 3G only the data works in 3G. So I end up using the phone in 2G. I ship an unlocked phone in from Europe and neither the voice or the data work in 3G. So again I end up using the phone in 2G.
    Can my new 9900 be adapted to work in Bermuda which must be on different Mhz cycles or they are blocking all imports somehow. Just curious how all this works.
    Find out what band your Service Provider uses then you can determine which branded phone will work.
    We use 1900mhz so an AT&T branded phone will not give me 3g but a T-Mobile will.
    09-14-11 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD